Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Raptor's TPE: Fool's Gold?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I keep telling people, Getting the TPE's is like getting a present and then opening it up to discover that all you get is a pair of socks.

What the Raptor's will get for the TPE will be as exciting as getting Boris Diaw.
    That's why I can't wait to see what BC eventually gets out of the Bosh TPE because I doubt that he will want to go into the Luxury Tax area with a projected 20 something win team. I believe that in the end the Bosh TPE will be more BC hype & pr spins than actual substance.

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I keep telling people, Getting the TPE's is like getting a present and then opening it up to discover that all you get is a pair of socks.

What the Raptor's will get for the TPE will be as exciting as getting Boris Diaw.

What do u mean i thought Chandler and Diaw were going to save this franchise(sarcasm)
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    Baron Davis would be pretty sweet.
    Davis WOULD be sweet....if you want an over-the-hill, injury-prone, shoot-first PG that has really only had a few years, seems to barely care anymore and plays almost as bad defense as Calderon. Plus, he's got one of the worst contracts in the entire league, still being owed nearly $45 million over the next three years.

I'm am astounded that people seem to still like Davis. Signing him was probably the stupidest thing the Clippers have done in the last decade, and that's saying a lot. He's only ever excelled in a run and gun offense where he could shoot without conscience and didn't have to worry about playing defense.

Getting Baron Davis for the TPE would set the franchise back years. In a word, no.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Davis WOULD be sweet....if you want an over-the-hill, injury-prone, shoot-first PG that has really only had a few years, seems to barely care anymore and plays almost as bad defense as Calderon. Plus, he's got one of the worst contracts in the entire league, still being owed nearly $45 million over the next three years.

I'm am astounded that people seem to still like Davis. Signing him was probably the stupidest thing the Clippers have done in the last decade, and that's saying a lot. He's only ever excelled in a run and gun offense where he could shoot without conscience and didn't have to worry about playing defense.

Getting Baron Davis for the TPE would set the franchise back years. In a word, no.
    Davis is all Hollywood nowadays. Back in the days when he was dunking over Garnett he was still raw & hungry but now that he's paid in full he seems to coast alot when he's not injured.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling the Raps might use their TPE much like OKC 'helped' out teams like MIA and NOH leading up to this year's draft or how MEM acted in brokering the deal that brought Turk to TOR and Marion to DAL. Oh yes, and they would be compensated for it by getting draft picks, cheap younger players, moving up/swapping draft picks. That would work for me. Time will tell.

Getting an overpaid/overhyped player is not my idea of progress for the Raptors nor is it the answer long term.

Post Thanks / Like

the only way it's fully used is if were trading like calderon and bargnani in some huge deal.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information