Sam Smith: Andre Miller to Toronto a good idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Smith: Andre Miller to Toronto a good idea

Of course, I’m here to help everyone and it would seem the early needs are with the Trail Blazers with Greg Oden out and Toronto with Jose Calderon uncertain with hip problems which could be serious. Anyone say Andre Miller? We know he hasn’t fit well in Portland, and they have Jerryd Bayless, though Bayless’ moaning about his playing time has upset some in the organization. Portland could use some size. So maybe they go for Rasho Nesterovic, who has an expiring deal and take Marcus Banks, who has one fewer season than Miller. Maybe Amir Johnson instead, though it depends most likely on what the Raptors want to do regarding Chris Bosh as they are up and down with a nice win Sunday to go to 11-15. So they try to make a push to keep Bosh or look for a major midseason deal? Lots of discussions certainly are to come there and elsewhere as well.
    http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_091211.html

Personally I think Sam Smith is off his rocker. How the Blazers could justify to themselves and the fans dealing Miller for Nesterovic and Banks is beyond me.

make this happen...lol

but if "Andre Miller" is going to Toronto....what happen to Jose if he is health... miller will be a third string point guard on the other hand.

Comment

Miller is better than Calderon and Jack. I think the question would be who is on the block, Jack or Calderon?

Comment

andre better than calderon and jack? are u being sarcastic

Comment

Jose for Miller makes a lot of sense...

Comment

No I think he's being realistic.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
              andre better than calderon and jack? are u being sarcastic
              Ok, Andrea Miller is better than Calderon OR Jack. Obviously he's couldn't win by two in a two on one contest.

Comment

Andre Miller is fine PG. Maybe I'm in the same boat as Apollo, but I'd take Miller over Jose or Jack anyday.

That being said, I don't see this happening unless Jose's going somewhere else. With him injured his value is next to nothing right now.

Comment

That deal would be the steal of the century if we got Andre Miller for Marcus Banks. Chipmunk Miller would not be an upgrade to defense at all, hell Jose isn't at all, but he would be a strong and creative PG to start or come off the bench.

Comment

Miller is the kind of PG that needs to have the ball in is hands to create for teammates. He does not have a good long range shot though. So, how does he fit with our 'put the ball in Hedo's hands' plan? We need a PG that can play decent defence and hit his open looks - that type of player could come cheaper than Miller. I also think that Beli can adjust with time to playing at the 1.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
                      Miller is the kind of PG that needs to have the ball in is hands to create for teammates. He does not have a good long range shot though. So, how does he fit with our 'put the ball in Hedo's hands' plan? We need a PG that can play decent defence and hit his open looks - that type of player could come cheaper than Miller. I also think that Beli can adjust with time to playing at the 1.
                      Yup I agree. Like you said, Miller needs to have control of the ball/offense to create. he's very good at it mind you. It just doesn't fit with what this team needs necessarily. Miller is also a very tough PG with the ability to penetrate/drive the lane effectively. Haha anyways, it's not gonna hapen. Now that Ocho is out Hedo definitely needs to have the ball in his hands more to create for himself and others. That's one of the reasons BC brought him here no?

Comment

Don't all PG's need the ball in their hands to create, to quarterback, for their team? I mean for his career we're talking about a guy who only takes three more shots a game than Jose. Jose is a guy who's always been knocked for passing up some open shots to pass it off to a teammate. I mean let's look at the top PGs in the league. When people talk about Steve Nash and Chris Paul they aren't exactly highlighting what they're up to when the ball isn't in their hands, which isn't any less than Andre Miller.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          Andre Miller is fine PG. Maybe I'm in the same boat as Apollo, but I'd take Miller over Jose or Jack anyday.

That being said, I don't see this happening unless Jose's going somewhere else. With him injured his value is next to nothing right now.
                          Agree with both of you...

Millers defense is actually not bad so I'm not sure what gave people that impression. He was a primary factor in the Sixers being a respectable defensive team for the past couple of years and without him you can seriously see a void at the perimeter.

He's awesome at forcing steals from the passing lanes similar to a Shawn Marion and pushes the ball so well. Obviously his 3 pointer is uber slacking, but our team is packed with shooters and I really feel like a PG like Miller can help elevate Derozans game.

Comment

I think Andre Miller is a superior player to Calderon too ... but he'll be 34 years old before the end of this season.

There's no way I'm giving up Calderon for a player that old. Someone you'll have to replace two years down the road.

I'd only be interested in trading Calderon for talent if the player coming back to Toronto was a long term piece (5+ years).
                            nbaroundtable

Comment

The trade didn't involve Calderon. It was Banks and Rasho.

Comment

Working...
                              X