ReggieEvans30 Team making trade be4 training camp. half a minute ago via Touit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    This would fit the scenario - Need someone to replace Davis until he is ready.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA
    Not sure there is a need to 'replace' him. He is only out for 6 weeks. A scope is not a big deal IF, and a big IF, it is only a miniscus tear. If there is more going on then it is serious but saying anything else would be speculation. I've had a scope, no big deal and I played a lot of bball at a high level in Canada.

Raps PF depth as of now: Bargs/Johnson/Davis/Evans/Kleiza/Wright/Dorsey

In other words, all these guys can play the PF so taking out Davis leaves 6 guys who can still play it.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Not sure there is a need to 'replace' him. He is only out for 6 weeks. A scope is not a big deal IF, and a big IF, it is only a miniscus tear. If there is more going on then it is serious but saying anything else would be speculation. I've had a scope, no big deal and I played a lot of bball at a high level in Canada.

Raps PF depth as of now: Bargs/Johnson/Davis/Evans/Kleiza/Wright/Dorsey

In other words, all these guys can play the PF so taking out Davis leaves 6 guys who can still play it.
      I have posted previously.

I think he will see game action sometime between the middle of Nov and the middle of Dec. However his first stop could be the D-League. Bynum will miss at least 13 weeks with the same basic injury. He was also expected to return to basketball related activities in about 6 weeks.

Bynum did hyper-extend the same knee but that was in the beginning of April and he played with the entire playoffs even though he was limited in mobility and jumping ability.

He was finally operated on on July 28th, just for the meniscus tear. The hyper-extension had already healed.

When a rookie misses all of pre-season and he has only played 126 game minutes since Feb 2010 I am not too optimistic about Davis being able to contribute much positive on the court before the all-star break. I expect him to possibly see a couple or more weeks of D-league time when he can play because of all the inactivity he has had since last Feb.

Hopefully I will be wrong on this but for now that is how I see it going down for him and the Raptors.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Nobody from the raptors our team good.
        29 minutes ago via Touiteur

Team making trade be4 training camp.
        31 minutes ago via Touiteur

Sounds like he's commenting that there is a multi-team trade going down and the Raptors are not involved...
        When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

stackmackRT @SmithRaps: Story in the works: BColangelo says #raptors are looking for bigs through trade, free agency.
          Via: http://twitter.com/stackmack
          So my guess is the TPE will be used, Dampier would be a possibility, are there any free agent bigs that are interesting? My guess is a player that could hold down the PF spot for 6-8 weeks while Davis heals and gets his conditioning and strength back.

Comment

Priest wrote: View Post
            Via: http://twitter.com/stackmack
            So my guess is the TPE will be used, Dampier would be a possibility, are there any free agent bigs that are interesting? My guess is a player that could hold down the PF spot for 6-8 weeks while Davis heals and gets his conditioning and strength back.
            I think Dampier is a free agent.

I don't think you can use the TPE to sign a free agent

The TPE has to be used in a Non-Simultaneous trade.

I don't believe signing a free agent qualifies as a trade of any kind.

To get Dampier some other team would have to sign him and then trade him to the Raptors.

I am not sure but there may be a waiting period before a team can trade a free agent that they sign.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I still think the TPE for Okafor is a possibility

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Don't forget this is the same Reggie Evans who asked what we thought about Melo in the T.Dot.
                your point? he asked what we thought about it, there is a difference between thoughts/opinion and reality/fact.

he never said melo was going to come to toronto, he sasid what we thought about it.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i think this is the year we should tank. i know this doesnt sound right. but that the reason why we're always so mediocre. were good when the draft is deep. and were bad when the draft isnt good, with the exception of 2003.

2006 was suppose to be a rebuilding year. we suprised everyone and made the playoffs and missed out on durant( though we might have picken oden) can you imagne right now. bosh would have not left. bosh and durant a really good combo.

and durants fav team was toronto when growing up

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
                    i think this is the year we should tank. i know this doesnt sound right. but that the reason why we're always so mediocre. were good when the draft is deep. and were bad when the draft isnt good, with the exception of 2003.

2006 was suppose to be a rebuilding year. we suprised everyone and made the playoffs and missed out on durant( though we might have picken oden) can you imagne right now. bosh would have not left. bosh and durant a really good combo.

dude, we didn't tank last year and we were a lottery team and the majority of people think last year's team was a lot better than this one.

so, logic tells you we're prolly going to tank without even trying to tank.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post

What makes you think Toronto would of gotten one of the top two picks? The Raps would of have to have been MUCH worse than they were and even then of been lucky.

Durant's fav team growing up was the Air Carter Raptors, not the Toronto Raptors. I'm sure he could give a shit about ever playing here.
                      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

It's a shame the Raptors already had Vince Carter at SG because then they could have drafted Wade instead of Chris Bitch ....I mean Bosh. Although Wade would probably bolt. Just like every player.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          I have posted previously.

I think he will see game action sometime between the middle of Nov and the middle of Dec. However his first stop could be the D-League. Bynum will miss at least 13 weeks with the same basic injury. He was also expected to return to basketball related activities in about 6 weeks.

Bynum did hyper-extend the same knee but that was in the beginning of April and he played with the entire playoffs even though he was limited in mobility and jumping ability.

He was finally operated on on July 28th, just for the meniscus tear. The hyper-extension had already healed.

When a rookie misses all of pre-season and he has only played 126 game minutes since Feb 2010 I am not too optimistic about Davis being able to contribute much positive on the court before the all-star break. I expect him to possibly see a couple or more weeks of D-league time when he can play because of all the inactivity he has had since last Feb.

Hopefully I will be wrong on this but for now that is how I see it going down for him and the Raptors.
                          All your points are valid but just as easy as he could be the next Andrew Bynum he could be the majority of players who bounce back in 4-6 weeks from a scope. Bynum has had knee injuries for years. As far as I know, not sure about anyone else, this is his first knee injury. FWIW I don't see him going to D-League.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                            What makes you think Toronto would of gotten one of the top two picks? The Raps would of have to have been MUCH worse than they were and even then of been lucky.

Durant's fav team growing up was the Air Carter Raptors, not the Toronto Raptors. I'm sure he could give a shit about ever playing here.
                            if durant likes playing in okc. then he would like toronto. he is one of the few loyal guys left in the league.

Comment

Rg1990 wrote: View Post
                              It's a shame the Raptors already had Vince Carter at SG because then they could have drafted Wade instead of Chris Bitch ....I mean Bosh. Although Wade would probably bolt. Just like every player.
                              wade would have bolted his first chance.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                Could this just mean that a big trade is coming up before camp and the second comment telling people that the Raps aren't part of it?

There are languages without vowel sounds that are easier to understand than Reggie
                                ROFLMFAO...that was cold.
                                The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                                Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                                www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                                http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Working...
                                X