Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why were the Raptors trying to sign a fifth point guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why were the Raptors trying to sign a fifth point guard?

I'm guessing because he's buddies with DD and Weems?

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../15456466.html

With training camp only a few days away, the Raptors have lost another player.

Bobby Brown, who played well for the team at Las Vegas summer league, has turned down a non-guaranteed NBA offer to join Asseco Prokom of Poland.

Brown will join Toronto’s Denham Brown on the squad.

The point guard would have been competing with incumbents Jarrett Jack, Jose Calderon, Marcus Banks and even combo-guard Leandro Barbosa for playing time with the Raptors.

He meshed extremely well with DeMar DeRozan and Sonny Weems this summer, averaging 12.4 points, 4.0 assists and 1.2 steals on 68% shooting.

It seems to me for the same reason that they signed another wing player for training camp, also to a non-guaranteed contract.

These training camp only players don't come in and play in training camp for the donuts and pizza
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

lol we lost him to a team in Poland

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        lol we lost him to a team in Poland
        Because they were paying him. And why would he come in knowing he has to compete against 4 other PGs.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
          Because they were paying him. And why would he come in knowing he has to compete against 4 other PGs.
          He competes against Raptors' 4 PGs, but he may hope other eyes are watching him and you never know when he can sign a contract with a NBA team.

Comment

I was totally wrong on Dampier being packaged in a trade on September 13, but the next date to keep an eye on is September 28 when Andersen can be packaged with another player(s) in a trade. A shooting big man with a lack of physical presence is sort of a duplicated skill set on TOR.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I was totally wrong on Dampier being packaged in a trade on September 13, but the next date to keep an eye on is September 28 when Andersen can be packaged with another player(s) in a trade. A shooting big man with a lack of physical presence is sort of a duplicated skill set on TOR.
              I don't see Andersen as a long term Raptors ... he is certainly just a trading chip for BC, which works better that the Turk trade's TPE.

Comment

Because two of the 4 we have (Calderon and Banks) are quite likely to be mainstays on the trading block.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Listen to the Triano interview I threaded.

My guess is that you know nothing about Anderson and have probably never even seen him play to the extent that you were paying attention to him on the court. My guess is that you are assuming that because he.........................that he has no physical presence.

Just saying.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I read that BB was invited to Dallas's training camp, so I guess he turned that down. Also, reading up on the Euroleague signings. He was courted by many teams in Europe after summer league, but held out until now, since he was looking for another shot in the NBA.

Also, good to here that Denham is playing in Europe, much better than playing in the Phillipines like he did the year previous.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Maybe he is going to move Calderon and Banks soon ?
                      "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                      X