Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Team Ratings in NBA 2K11

Raptors Republic Rookie Blasterfi9's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors Team Ratings in NBA 2K11

http://kotaku.com/5648223/all-the-ratings-of-nba-2k11

So anyways that link leads to two other links that show the game kinda rippin the raptors in most regards. Pretty much sayin our starting line up in horrid, and our overall team... is horrible. So ya any thought or maybe some comparisions against other teams maybe?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just gonna start a thread about this... Here's a more detailed video from Operation Sports cycling through each player's ratings. It's pretty bad.

(Skip ahead to 4:00 for the Raps.)

Leandro Barbosa - 75
    Andrea Bargnani - 74
    Jose Calderon - 72
    Jarrett Jack - 69
    Ed Davis - 67
    Julian Wright - 64
    DeMar DeRozan - 64 (hmm... that's a bit low)
    Joey Dorsey - 63
    Reggie Evans - 63
    Amir Johnson - 63 (Amir = Dorsey = Evans?)
    Marcus Banks - 62
    Sonny Weems - 60 (ok, WTF is this...)
    David Andersen - 57
    Linas Kleiza - 55 (ROFLMAO)

Post Thanks / Like

T-Dot's rated 30th in the league!

2K11 is gonna be epic! The GOAT is back baby!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

How can Kleiza be 55? I only have NBA 2k9 and there aren't any players eater under 60 overall. And in 2k9 Calderon is rated 86! God they were just being a butch with ratings this year.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Eater? I meant rated..

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The rating are crap - straight up.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rg1990 wrote: View Post
    How can Kleiza be 55? I only have NBA 2k9 and there aren't any players eater under 60 overall. And in 2k9 Calderon is rated 86! God they were just being a butch with ratings this year.
    2K9 is the last version I have too. Apparently for 2K10 they made significant changes to the way they rate players, which is why you saw a lot of average or slightly above average guys take hits. And with the Raps in worse shape for the upcoming season it's no surprise the ratings took an even bigger hit.

Still 55 for Kleiza is a little low, mid to high 60's perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, this shouldn't be shocking. ESPN and 2K always underrate the Raptors and then fix it later in season when the stats make is blantantly obvious that the ratings are messed up. This negative bias happens every year.

Post Thanks / Like

jrdyck you probably should have made the thread, i ended up makin it right before i had to go off and study chemistry in a dark corner -_-... but yah, thanx for the more detailed info

And yah, i expected the raptors to get crappy ratings... but -_-, this is rly crappy, like RLY crappy. and yah... lol on the Kleiza rating....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
    jrdyck you probably should have made the thread, i ended up makin it right before i had to go off and study chemistry in a dark corner -_-... but yah, thanx for the more detailed info

And yah, i expected the raptors to get crappy ratings... but -_-, this is rly crappy, like RLY crappy. and yah... lol on the Kleiza rating....
    Chemistry related trivia

In 2002, the Royal Society of Chemistry bestowed a posthumous honorary fellowship of their organization upon Sherlock Holmes, for his use of forensic science and analytical chemistry in popular literature, making him the first and only (as of 2010) fictional character to be thus honoured.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/sherlock-holmes
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

lame...I'm still getting this game though

Post Thanks / Like

this is terrible, Demar was a 64 last year also, i think amirs rating when down from last season too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Priest wrote: View Post
    lame...I'm still getting this game though

Tommy Beer lists Johnson as the #1 fantasy sleeper.

HOOPSWORLD
    Fantasy: 2010-2011 Draft-Day Sleepers

By: Tommy Beer Last Updated: 9/26/10 1:45 PM ET | 330 times read

Scoring a few sleepers on Draft Day is a key ingredient to any successful fantasy season. Anybody can recommend the Durants, Kobes, and Wades of the world, but finding players that out-perform their average draft position is essential if you hope to compete for a title. Below is a rundown of the top sleeper candidates for the 2010-2011 NBA season.

First, let's examine some players that haven't received much national attention or any significant hype. Highlight these names and target them as late-round steals. These picks, towards the end of the draft, are vital to creating the depth that championship fantasy squads are made of…

Amir Johnson – Toronto Raptors: Many feel that Johnson has always had the talent to make a significant impact, but was never given a proper opportunity. Well, now it appears that Amir will get his chance to turn potential into reality. After losing Chris Bosh to the Miami HEAT, the Raptors inked Johnson to a hefty $34 million contract. If you look at Johnson's career per-36 minute averages there is a lot to like: 11.1 points (on 60% shooting), 9.9 rebounds, 1.0 steal, and 2.4 blocks. With Bosh in South Beach (and rookie Ed Davis now dealing with a significant knee injury) we can safely assume Johnson will certainly set a career high in minutes played this season (avoiding foul trouble will also be key) – which should translate into career-bests in offensive and defensive categories as well.
    http://bit.ly/9LNn7t

I asked Beer a couple of hours ago if he also thought Davis would not suit up for the Raptors until mid-December or if he thought it might be later based upon what he wrote above. He replied.
    No, I was assuming the middle of December as well...

-T

> > Tommy:
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Sep 26th, 2010 at 09:18 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

haha. Kleiza's rating is funny.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL for once in my life I'll actually have to modify the ratings. C'mon Kleiza, Amir and DeRozan are so underrated? Weems hasn't proven anything yet, so it's understandable... I got him to get 9 ppg rated nearly 50...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The amount of players rated higher than Kleiza is sad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Great sherlock holmes kicks my ass in chemistry.... then again most things do....
    And yah Keliza's rating i think is like the second or third lowest among all starters in the nba.... wtf -_-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
    Great sherlock holmes kicks my ass in chemistry.... then again most things do....
    And yah Keliza's rating i think is like the second or third lowest among all starters in the nba.... wtf -_-
    If you are a fan of Sherlock Holmes you will know then, that he kicked everyone's ass in chemistry. That is why he received the Royal Society of Chemistry posthumous honorary fellowship.

The Royal Society of Chemistry

Welcome to the RSC, the largest organisation in Europe for advancing the chemical sciences.

If you are not a fan of Sherlock Holmes then you should know that all of his fans worldwide of which there are millions talk about him and treat him as a former living person. Yea, yea we do.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Sep 27th, 2010 at 11:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I do really get irritated on the topic of sports games getting ratings horribly wrong.... I mean can't a multi-million dollar corporation hire a half-dozen NBA writers to do a quick dirty rating for players? It would probably only cost them 10K a piece... crazy.

NBA Live has that wicked updating rating system based on real stats during the season, but every other game just asks their programming department "First one to know what sport Lebron James plays gets to do player rankings!" Ugh.
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Post Thanks / Like

This is what it should be:

Leandro Barbosa - 74
    Andrea Bargnani - 77
    Jose Calderon - 73
    Jarrett Jack - 71
    Ed Davis - 66
    Julian Wright - 64
    DeMar DeRozan - 71
    Joey Dorsey - 60
    Reggie Evans - 59
    Amir Johnson - 67