Globe's Grange No Longer Covering the Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globe's Grange No Longer Covering the Raptors

This is too bad. Grange was really one of the few who followed the Raptors that I actually enjoyed reading. I'm wondering who "her" is that will be replacing him.

Alas, though, M. Grange ™ is no longer one of us; he’s going to do other things at his place of employment and a new Globe Grunt will be joining us on this merry chase we’re on. And we welcome her.
    Source - Click here

probably holly mackenzie @stackmack on twitter

Comment

Madman wrote: View Post
      That is whom I was thinking about also, but that is only because I am not familiar with any other females in Toronto that write regularly about basketball.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if the Globe was cutting back on budget and does what the as I recall Detroit News did and that was replace a basketball writer with a general news person. In fact I remember him writing in one of his first columns after he started covering the Pistons that he was apologizing in advance for his lack of basketball knowledge and promised to work hard to get up to speed. He also asked readers to email him with suggestions about his column and any mistakes that they found. He actually asked me if I could provide him with a link to the NBA CBA agreement FAQ.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Madman wrote: View Post
        she's a brute.

brutal.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Grange is going to be missed. He never sugar coated anything and I have to respect that.

Comment

Holly MacKenzie's already writing for The Score, which is a rival of CTV/TSN (who own the Globe, right?). I'd be surprised if it's her.

I'll miss Grange. He was great, always worth a read.

Comment

Grange was the best of Toronto's mainstream bball media. We'll miss him.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                He actually asked me if I could provide him with a link to the NBA CBA agreement FAQ.
                Grange was great although he wrote relatively infrequently. I'll miss his stuff though. He had an ongoing piece about Hump, Joey, and Parker a couple of years ago that was hilarious.

Buddah, out of curiosity and since I don't know you, you seem to have past ties to the Pistons? And do you have some sort of league-specific area of expertise?

Comment

Juan wrote: View Post
                  Grange was great although he wrote relatively infrequently. I'll miss his stuff though. He had an ongoing piece about Hump, Joey, and Parker a couple of years ago that was hilarious.

Buddah, out of curiosity and since I don't know you, you seem to have past ties to the Pistons? And do you have some sort of league-specific area of expertise?
                  Thanks for the compliment

As far as the Pistons go.

I followed them pretty closely from the season that this guy

put up 2,000 points in a NBA season, being the first player to score that many in a single season.

Until they screwed over this guy, big time

during the 2008-09 season.

Some of my all time Pistons favorites include

1. The guy in the top photo.

2. Dave Bing - Great scorer, small business tycoon and the current mayor of Detroit

3. Bob Lanier - HOF big man extraordinaire who went to the same high school as my brother and at least once reportedly hit a home run over 500' while playing for Bennett High in my childhood town of Buffalo N.Y.

4. Zeke - Arguably one of the greatest PGs pound for pound in NBA history and one of the worst GMs ever anywhere in any sport.

5. Bad Boy Bill - Who among other things put Larry Bird on his ass to the eternal joy of Pistons fans everywhere

6. Dennis Rodman - Cross dresser and one of the greatest rebounders/defenders in NBA history

7. James "Buddah" Edwards - Loved watching his fall away jump shot even when he clanked it.

8. Mr. Big Shot - NBA Finals MVP, Gold Medal Winner and one of only several players in NBA history to make it to the Conference Finals seven straight seasons.

9. Big Ben - The heart and soul of the "Going To Work" Pistons

10. The Westchester Wizard i..e Amir who played his high school ball for Ed Azzam at Westchester High in Los Angeles CA. - Some say the best D-league player ever at one point (1). As the old saying goes. - They ain't seen nothing yet.

(1)THN’s Take (by Dan Feldman, Piston Powered): Their seasoned young players remain in Detroit, and the Pistons often only trust their own coaches to work with their raw players. Not many guys fit in between, justifying few D-League assignments. It seems more one- or two-week stints would be helpful for the raw players to test Detroit’s coaches’ lessons. Also, I rarely hear about the Pistons mining the D-League for end-of-bench players. But at one point, Amir Johnson may have been the D-League’s best player of all time, so that counts for something, right?

D-League Digest

20 Greatest Skyforce Players

Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Sep 26, 2010, 07:48 PM.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                  X