Thread: Fantasy: 2010-2011 Draft-Day Sleepers

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasy: 2010-2011 Draft-Day Sleepers

By: Tommy Beer Last Updated: 9/26/10 1:45 PM ET | 330 times read

Scoring a few sleepers on Draft Day is a key ingredient to any successful fantasy season. Anybody can recommend the Durants, Kobes, and Wades of the world, but finding players that out-perform their average draft position is essential if you hope to compete for a title. Below is a rundown of the top sleeper candidates for the 2010-2011 NBA season.

First, let's examine some players that haven't received much national attention or any significant hype. Highlight these names and target them as late-round steals. These picks, towards the end of the draft, are vital to creating the depth that championship fantasy squads are made of…

Amir Johnson – Toronto Raptors: Many feel that Johnson has always had the talent to make a significant impact, but was never given a proper opportunity. Well, now it appears that Amir will get his chance to turn potential into reality. After losing Chris Bosh to the Miami HEAT, the Raptors inked Johnson to a hefty $34 million contract. If you look at Johnson's career per-36 minute averages there is a lot to like: 11.1 points (on 60% shooting), 9.9 rebounds, 1.0 steal, and 2.4 blocks. With Bosh in South Beach (and rookie Ed Davis now dealing with a significant knee injury) we can safely assume Johnson will certainly set a career high in minutes played this season (avoiding foul trouble will also be key) – which should translate into career-bests in offensive and defensive categories as well.
    Fantasy BB 10-11: Draft Day Sleepers
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

I would add Julian Wright to the list as a deep sleeper.

Raptors Republic Rookie DP-Baller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a good feeling about Josh Childress in Phoenix. Phoenix has historically been a fantasy friendly team with their style of offense and a year in Europe (maybe 2? cant remember how many since he played with the Hawks) is usually good for a players development.

Post Thanks / Like

First rule about Fantasy Sports: Never talk about your team or players you may like.

This is an even bigger rule than the first rule of Fight Club! IMO
    "If ya ain't first, yer last!"

Raptors Republic Rookie DP-Baller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mack North

First rule about Fantasy Sports: Never talk about your team or players you may like.

This is an even bigger rule than the first rule of Fight Club! IMO
    You may have a point there........did I mention how fantasy friendly David Anderson will probably be?

Thread Information