Thread: Dorsey: "I want to try and average 8-10 rebounds"

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dorsey: "I want to try and average 8-10 rebounds"

Love the optimism, but he appears to be a little delusional. Apparently Dorsey is planning to bring down 8 to 10 boards/game in the 2 to 3 minutes he averages per game this season.

1:54 Joey Dorsey: Just come to the team and try to better than my last two teams in Sacramento, and Houston. I want to try and average 8-10 rebounds. We don't have a premier centre right now, so just try and come in and lock down my man.
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If he means per 36 then sure I'd take it. But it's a long shot for him to think that he'd get that many minutes a game to be able to average that many. I do like that he's setting a goal that he would no doubt work hard to accomplish. I mean, why not dream big and go for it?

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dorsey I bet will get at least 10 minutes a game to start the season. Both Ed Davis and Alabi are nursing injuries, so Dorsey can get some of their minutes. His only problem is that he is a duplicate of Evans. Both have limited offensive games, so they focus on defense and rebounding.

The dude is also 260+ llbs he'd be hard to move in the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Reggie Evans averaged 11 minutes last year, let's say Dorsey gets those and 5 on top of that. 8-10 is a stretch, but I can buy 5-6.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Dorsey was a maniac in summer league, looked like a man amongst boys. Of anybody currently on the Raps, he has the best chances of doing this feat. I wouldn't be surprised to see him eat more minutes then most people think solely to grab boards.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Early on if he starts pulling down 5 boards a game in garbage time early in the season, he may be given more of a chance. I doubt it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Love the optimism, but he appears to be a little delusional. Apparently Dorsey is planning to bring down 8 to 10 boards/game in the 2 to 3 minutes he averages per game this season.

Source - Click here
    Maybe he's referring to himself in NBA 2k11? It's possible there... If you, know, you played 12 minute quarters.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dorsey in the summer league had some crazy numbers based on the metrics of wins share:

http://courtsideanalyst.wordpress.co...ue-win-scores/

Unfortunately, his height and scoring has limited his appeal. BBall is more than just rebounds and boxing out. His foul troubles doesn't help either. That being said, I'm really rooting for this guy. I really hope that he makes it.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie Evans version 2.0 of last season coming right up.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can handle a Reggie Evans who makes $850K. Certainly better than a Reggie Evans who makes $5M.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd also like to average 8-10 rebounds this season.

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I can handle a Reggie Evans who makes $850K. Certainly better than a Reggie Evans who makes $5M.
    Yessir. +1
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Rookie noxleno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Raps training staff should be on Dorsey's ass to learn to shoot a free throw - the guy's a beast so there's no reason we shouldn't expect the odd offensive rebound --> dunk close the the basket - but it is futile for him to try if the other team can bail themselves out simply by hacking him.

Thread Information