Jack on Bosh: "He was like Michael Jackson up here."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack on Bosh: "He was like Michael Jackson up here."

So its been a little bit since we last talked about people's thoughts on whether or not Bosh will be booed come his return. Has anyone changed their tune on whether or not to boo Bosh? Some new things have been said over the summer to maybe fuel the fire, so does that change your opinion of him?

Jarrett Jack is asking the Bosh bashers to put a sock in it when the Miami Heat touch down at the Air Canada Centre on Feb. 16.

That day marks the return of former Raptors favourite Chris Bosh, who left many Toronto fans angry and disappointed when he elected to sign as a free agent with the Miami Heat this season.

Given Toronto’s history of turning on star players who once played in this town, it seems likely that Bosh will take his share of heat when the Heat finally play at the ACC.

But the Raptors point guard believes booing Bosh is uncalled for — stressing that Bosh signed with the Heat as a matter of business, not because he dislikes Toronto or the fans.

“He was up here not too long ago to gather his things,” Jack said. “Obviously, he could have sent some people to do that for him. But he came up to say his proper goodbyes, to a lot of the people who lived in our building and that sort of thing. And that says a lot about a person.

“People actually loved Chris here. And there was nothing fake about it. He was like Michael Jackson up here. He was larger than life in a sense. And when people love you, they hate to see you go. But that’s just life.”

Jack acknowledged that Toronto fans have a reputation of turning on former Raptors and Leafs.

“They boo who they feel need to get booed,” he said. “But they don’t boo everyone. When Matt Bonner comes back, it’s like the president. Morris Peterson as well, they cheer him heavily.”
    Source - Click here

There's a lot that can be done with the "Chris Bosh is like Michael Jackson" line. Arsenalist is going to have a field day with that one. lol.

Comment

Why Gilmour Good, Carter Boo'd?

Because some players held their class and always gave it a full effort. Bosh could have left with honour and would have been received as an honoured guest if he didn't dick everyone around for attention.
      So, Toronto fans do not take their star-worshipping to a level of self-deprecation. It is fair. Bosh was a model player right up until the end. Then a dick.

I think Toronto fans should choose a third option: just stay quiet. Do not cheer. Do not jeer. Deny the media whore the attention he wants and sit in silence for the loss of the Bosh who seemed like a real person and class guy.

Comment

Rupaul or Michael Jackson? hmm tough call.

ohh just beat it.

Comment

The Grace Jones of Miami.
          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

"Chris Bosh, who left many Toronto fans angry and disappointed when he elected to sign as a free agent with the Miami Heat this season."

I think people respect his decision to go to a contender. I think people were pissed because of the way that he left and finished his season. Why do people have such a narrow and consistently wrong view of what the fans feel when it's been voiced ad nauseum?

Comment

Well, Mo left via free agency but Matt was traded. Mo left because another team was offering a lot more. He also left with his dignity in tact. Bosh acted like a clown in June and July. If he respected the fans, there would not be nearly as much animosity.

Comment

I think the Raptors were sort of pushing Mo-pete out. He saw that the team was moving in another direction, so he signed with New Orleans.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Well, Mo left via free agency but Matt was traded. Mo left because another team was offering a lot more. He also left with his dignity in tact. Bosh acted like a clown in June and July. If he respected the fans, there would not be nearly as much animosity.
                  +1000

Comment

Another series of ignorant comments from Jack. He needs to learn how to shut his mouth because it seems that everytime he speaks publicly he continues to make ignorant and utterly stupid comments that end up making him look bad.
                    Rupaul ABSOLUTELY deserves to be booed...Let's recap

1) Tweeted like a little high school girl during the FA period with total disregard for the Raps fans right up to his signing on to be the little bitch in South Beach

2) Made ignorant and disrespectful comments about the city "smelling different" which plants the dispicable seed of doubt in the minds of American players who contemplate playing for the Raps.

3) Implyed that he would not be able to land any endorsement deals like the big milk campaign ad if he stayed in T.O. which once again is a blatant knock on playing for a Canadian based team. Of course what he failed to mention was that he only got that deal because of the hype surrounding the Miami Heat NOT because he earned it himself.

Jack better learn how to keep his ignorant comments to himself. A REAL leader puts the team and its supporters ahead of defending a fraud who pissed all over the city, franchise and fans.

Comment

One more thought

More like Jermaine Jackson. You, know, he goes out of his way to try to grab all the attention he can, dieing to be like his big brother and little sister Wade and LeBron.

Comment

Your first post is to resurrect a 12 year old thread? If you were Googling Michael Jackson ....

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                          Another series of ignorant comments from Jack. He needs to learn how to shut his mouth because it seems that everytime he speaks publicly he continues to make ignorant and utterly stupid comments that end up making him look bad.
                          Rupaul ABSOLUTELY deserves to be booed...Let's recap

1) Tweeted like a little high school girl during the FA period with total disregard for the Raps fans right up to his signing on to be the little bitch in South Beach

2) Made ignorant and disrespectful comments about the city "smelling different" which plants the dispicable seed of doubt in the minds of American players who contemplate playing for the Raps.

3) Implyed that he would not be able to land any endorsement deals like the big milk campaign ad if he stayed in T.O. which once again is a blatant knock on playing for a Canadian based team. Of course what he failed to mention was that he only got that deal because of the hype surrounding the Miami Heat NOT because he earned it himself.

Jack better learn how to keep his ignorant comments to himself. A REAL leader puts the team and its supporters ahead of defending a fraud who pissed all over the city, franchise and fans.
                          This post aged like fine wine.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Rupaul or Michael Jackson? hmm tough call.

ohh just beat it.
                            Damn. So golden and Hotshot are the true OG's of this forum huh?

Why would anyone bump this thread anyway?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's just a spam bot guys.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X