No announcement yet.

Why Toronto Might Be the Best Option for Dampier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad move this would just send us backwords in terms of development. damp should be benched in t.dot i want amir starting
    ya dun noe

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
      The problem is that he already apparently shot down Miami who is the perfect fit for him (who knows why)... so it's a completely unreadable situation...
      Wasn't it Miami that shot him down?

Comment

He wouldn't start. He'd be a nice backup and give the raps (who are hoping for a fast style) a legit option to switch to a half-court style.
        Team Shootemup - Bargs, Amir, Kleiza, DD, Jose
        Team Lockemdown - Damp, Davis (or Amir), Weems, Barbosa/DD and Jack

Comment

aintno4s wrote: View Post
          He wouldn't start. He'd be a nice backup and give the raps (who are hoping for a fast style) a legit option to switch to a half-court style.
          Team Shootemup - Bargs, Amir, Kleiza, DD, Jose
          Team Lockemdown - Damp, Davis (or Amir), Weems, Barbosa/DD and Jack
          Barbosa, DD, Amir on a team which plays half court style? Doesn't sound realistic ... truth is Dampier is so slow that the rest of the team will run twice up and down the court before finding themself all toghether again.

Comment

Damp would definitely help us. Especially as BC and Jay both said that we're not tanking. He will be our best defender and rebounder, and gives us a rebounder that can actually finish a game. I would sign him in a heart beat.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
              No chance Dampier would start here IMO... 35-year-old center who was a borderline starter even in his prime? I don't think so. Oh, and our best player happens to be a center.

I also don't think he'd be too fond of playing in the fast-break/run'n'gun offence we expect to see this year. Not exactly the definition of the word "athlete".

If he does want to come and play 15 minutes a game on a non-playoff team, more power to him I guess.....
              Damp was a stater on a deep Mavericks team for years. He would most definitely start for the Raptors. Oh, and our best player is not a center, cause we do not have one. Hope you did not mean Alabi.

Even at 35 Dampier can play enough minutes to bring down 7-8 rebounds and defend the likes of Shaq, Yao, etc...

No one expects him to be on the court more than 25+ minutes, but in those minutes he's out there he could be very helpful. Problem is that there aren't too many options at the center outside of him right now. Too bad the Chandler trade did not work. If the raptors do not sign a true center before the start of the season RR will be talking about Bargs deficiencies all season long again

Comment

Any move that makes Bargnani the starting PF ... not guarding C's or being guarded by them - gets my attention.
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/a...cc4c002e0.html

According to the above article it seems he's choosing between Milwaukee and Toronto. Milwaukee has probably the best group of power forwards in the league, but Andrew "injured" Bogut is their only legit center.

Why do we need a 35 year old center? I still think Toronto should pass.
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/a...cc4c002e0.html

According to the above article it seems he's choosing between Milwaukee and Toronto. Milwaukee has probably the best group of power forwards in the league, but Andrew "injured" Bogut is their only legit center.

Why do we need a 35 year old center? I still think Toronto should pass.
                    Because BC wants Bargnani to play his natural position of PF this season.

Comment

Working...
                    X