• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jarrett Jack a Leader?

Tuesday, September 28, 2010
    Is Jarrett Jack A Leader?
    By Buddahfan

Here are the records of the teams by season that he has played on since graduating from high school.

Click on the link to view the teams' records on my new blog:

Raptors180 - Is Jarrett Jack A Leader?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Well all I gotta say if that he isn't a true leader, then we're done for this season.

Comment

action speaks louder than words...
      I think KLEIZA, the Green Machine, will be our leader
      his Lithuanian team accomplishment speaks louder than words
      he is a good bridge between the europeans and american players on our team.

Comment

I agree with the above statement because if Jack isn't a true leader for TO this season then TO could be in for a very long season with the roster as is.

Living in the now it seems to me that Jack is the most vocal, respected Raptor currently on the roster and has taken on the responsibilities of an aspiring team leader ie showing up in Vegas to work out w/ the guys, getting most of the US players in TO weeks before training camp begins to work out together.

Time will tell if everyone buys into his voice but just going from off season appearances it appears to me that most of the US players support him or look to him in that role as Captain Jack and if he's the starting point guard come the regular season then he will have even more of a base to lead from.

Kleiza as a potential team leader? I know that's what BC, Gherardini & Jay have in mind ie Kleiza to bridge the US/International locker-room divide of last season, because as BC allegedly said at a post season, season ticket buyer get together that Kleiza has a little "brother" in him. Well, BC, Barbosa is a true brother plus an international player as well...lol Also, what has Kleiza done in the NBA? This isn't FIBA basketball.....throw all that FIBA basketball out of the window with the kitchen sink.

Training camp should decide who leads the team in my mind. With this current UNBA mind set that BC has I wonder why he couldn't see this locker-room player divide as a potential problem especially when talking about player accountability, playing time, contracts and roles in relation? Kleiza is his answer to that issue? Time will tell.
        Last edited by SirChillyMost; Tue Sep 28, 2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Oh he's a leader, he's a leader by default.

Jaworski wrote: View Post
          action speaks louder than words...
          That's been proven wrong in the past. Jay only just came out and criticized Bosh for not bringing it in the dressing room.

Comment

As long as he doesn't make any more stupid comments to the media then he could be a decent leader on this team. He just can't make the mistake of polarizing the team with the Young Gunz on one side and the Euro's on the other. He needs to understand the true team concept that will play a huge factor in any success this team may acheive this season.

Comment

You could give the winning percentages of every team that JJ Reddick has played on since college...is he a leader?

6 new players and new roles for everyone means we don't know who the leaders will be yet. I'll say this for Jack, though: he wants it. Not sure every nba player would jump at the chance to be known as the leader of the 10-11 Raptors.

Comment

Hasn't Jack been unofficially named captain?

Comment

Working...
                X