Nash Would Be Back With Team Canada if Triano Was Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nash Would Be Back With Team Canada if Triano Was Coach

Eventhough Nash is past his prime, these young Canadian prospects playing in the NCAA now could certainly learn lots playing along side Nash on the national team. Not to mention learn lots from Triano who has tons of international coaching experience on top of his NBA coaching years.

Let's see it happen. Can Rautins and re-hire Triano in the summer's for Canada.

Nash sang the praises of Raptors coach Jay Triano to Barbosa — “He also said if he was a coach he would have come back,” Barbosa said Nash told him about Triano, referring to the Canadian national team — and tried to welcome him to his country.

“He definitely said when he comes here he wants to see me,” the guard said. “When he came here, I guess he had a show [during the Toronto International Film Festival], so he put a note on my chair so that was really nice. We’re pretty close.”
    Source - Click here

Leo: -glump- Is it hot in here?

Comment

Thats the right move to begin with, lets be honest here, leo should nvr had been coach to begin with. He had no experience as a coach and was i analyst or w.e. Triano deserves to be the coach end of story, hopefully the canadian basketball association realizes its screw up and fixes this immediatly. Basketball in Canada has regressed since Leo had taken over from Triano'a tenure its rly depressing.

Comment

Fuck Nash. The guy gets off scott-free for not playing for his country whereas Jamal Magloire gets destroyed. Why? Because Steve Nash is a "nice guy" so it's OK to do this. This whole bullshit about him being pissed at Team Canada for firing Triano needs to stop and somebody needs to tell Nash that he's not four years old anymore and he should get his ass up and play for his country. Fucking douche.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
          Fuck Nash. The guy gets off scott-free for not playing for his country whereas Jamal Magloire gets destroyed. Why? Because Steve Nash is a "nice guy" so it's OK to do this. This whole bullshit about him being pissed at Team Canada for firing Triano needs to stop and somebody needs to tell Nash that he's not four years old anymore and he should get his ass up and play for his country. Fucking douche.
          Okay Arsenalist, here's a question: Would YOU play for Rautins? 'cause I think that if I did, I'd go spreewelll on his ass.

Comment

Here's a question for you, Arse: how many times has McGloire played for Team Canada? Hang on, I'm getting out my calculator as we speak...um, 17 + 6, carry the 2, sorry, this won't take long, I'm almost finished...these algebraic problems always baffle me...won't be much longer...o.k., here's the answer: ZERO. Yeah, that's right, a big...fat...zero. And Nash? Only about a dozen times. Not only playing, but contributing money toward his teammates, taking them out to fancy restaurants, the whole gamut. The guy's had a bad back for years, so he wants to take the summers off? Cut him some slack, he's done plenty. McGloire has done bupkus.

Comment

-------

Yeah compare a fucking lazy douche whose career has never amounted to anything who never bothered to represent his country to a guy who did half a dozen times and killed himself in the process. That makes sense.

Comment

Nash was the heart and soul of Canada's 2000 Olympic team, what has Magloire done? As far as I can remember Nash retired, when Triano was fired. However, I would Nash to be with team Canada again, but Canada has a young team with some up and coming point-guards who need all the experience they can get. Nash would be better as a player coach, who can play 10 minutes a game and nurture the young team
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

OTFP, Leez and Marz:

I'm not comparing the basketball careers of Nash and Magloire, that would be stupid. I just suggest that we view Nash choosing not to participate with Team Canada in the same way as Magloire is doing. Yes, Nash played for his country a while ago and deserves to be credited for that and here I am giving him credit.

BUT, let's talk about today and right now, not choosing to play for your country because you don't like the coach is being very petty. Can you imagine if Kevin Durant ignored the call-up from Team USA because he didn't like Coach K? He'd get ripped apart for it but Nash is seemingly immune to that kind of criticism.

Comment

I was just making a joke, but here's a real argument:

Nash did not say he doesn't like Team Canada's coach. What BARBOSA said was that, if Jay Triano were coach of Team Canada then Nash would play. You *cannot* conclude that means Nash doesn't like Team Canada, its organization, or its coach. What you *can* conclude is that Nash would play for Jay Triano. That could mean anything: they are both very close friends, Triano has pictures of Nash sleeping with Rosie O'Donnel, etc.

Comment

“He also said if he was a coach he would have come back,” Barbosa said Nash told him about Triano
                      I believe he was referring to several years ago when Triano was fired from Canada Basketball. This in NO WAY means that if Triano coached today that Nash would be willing to play. The man's 36 - find me any other FIBA example where a A-list NBA player is carrying the load for his National team at that age... Most NBA guys stop playing national ball @ around 30 years old (especially ones expected to carry their respective teams).

Nash last played for Canada during the 2004 Olympic Qualifiers where he was named Tournament MVP and lead Canada to a 4th place finish (Top 3 qualified). Logically at that time he would have looked forward to the next Olympic games with hesitancy - he would be 34 years old and would still require to single-handedly carry a talent-starved Squad. Triano being fired was likely just the tipping point that made the decision for him. It's ignorant to expect a man approaching middle age to break his back every summer just so that Basketball Canada could boast yearly Preliminary round eliminations....

Don't be daft.
                      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Much has been said in support of Nash which I agree with completely. To denigrate Nash is non-sensical given his age, commitment to the Suns a perennial playoff team and at his age/physical problems again. And its not as if Nash never committed to the Canadian team or other efforts that are purely Canadian (like the Terry Fox movie and other charities). More than anything for me he is a terrific ambassador for the country whereever he goes.

There was some suggestion that he was being petulant about the Triano firing. But what of the circumstances? And its not as if he had anything personally to gain (monetarily or as a player). It was an injustice thing as far as Nash was concerned. To a close friend. That too is one of his innate qualities as an individual and why he spends much time in South America and with causes like Habitat for H. and probably other causes we dont hear of. And all while he was twice mvp of the league.

For those who forget how the whole Triano thing went down I found an old piece by Feschuk. When his days are done playing I would not be surprised that if becomes coach of Team Canada or even head Basketball Canada.

http://www.cansoc.org/archive/index.php/t-24310.html

Comment

ok, some of thta anger i understand, but, nash being douche what the fuck are you saying?

the only way to find out is to re-hire triano and see if nash comes. while i admit it's a screw up on both parties, wtf were we thinking when we fired triano?

we were on the uprise in the national standings and we fired our coach and rubbed and scared some relationships.

while i agree nash is being a bit selfish, and i don't see why the fuck he wouldn't want to try to win a world championship or gold medal after realizing he can't win a damn thing in phoenix.

has there really been anything to entice him to come play for canada? he had a good relationship with triano and firing the guy, i man, you could understand that it can be taken as a direct shot in the stones to nash.

leo ever since becoming coach has driven all our best players away, except for his freakin son, carl english and levon kendall.

actually come to think of it didn't see english on the team this past worlds. leo is a goon, honestly i'd rather have marc iavoroni be the coach of canada.

leo is a fucking goon, triano did nothing to deserve to be fired, firing triano was a direct kick to nash's balls, hiring leo rautins slowly just pissed everyone off, and all the sudden were lookingforward to mother fucking 2014!!!!!!!!!!

wtf, the world is supposed to freakin end in 2012, so were freakin lookin forward to a year that might not even exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!face to palm, punch to head, fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

nash isn't the problem, the interntional commitee is the problem, who the hell is it richard peddie?
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

OTFP, Leez and Marz:

I'm not comparing the basketball careers of Nash and Magloire, that would be stupid. I just suggest that we view Nash choosing not to participate with Team Canada in the same way as Magloire is doing. Yes, Nash played for his country a while ago and deserves to be credited for that and here I am giving him credit.

BUT, let's talk about today and right now, not choosing to play for your country because you don't like the coach is being very petty. Can you imagine if Kevin Durant ignored the call-up from Team USA because he didn't like Coach K? He'd get ripped apart for it but Nash is seemingly immune to that kind of criticism.
                            Firstly lets compare bananas to bananas: The day Team USA employs a TV analyst/ex-player...hmm lets say Mark Jackson for example to coach Team USA, then players like Kevin Durant have a right to pass. The point is moot though since its not really relevant. Nobody said Nash wasn't playing because of Rautins. He took exception to Triano being fired because of their friendship (and backed him up, showing his character) plus the dude was in his mid-30s with a variety of injuries and after many hard seasons with the Suns.

IMO Nash has paid his dues to the National Squad after multiple times leading the team and owes them nothing. If he wants to save his body instead of killing himself, thats his perogative. And nobody can say shit about it.
                            To mention Jamal Magloire in the same breath as Nash is just silly!

I would love to see Nash play again for Canada, but it is not likely and Im fine with that.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              ok, some of thta anger i understand, but, nash being douche what the fuck are you saying?

the only way to find out is to re-hire triano and see if nash comes. while i admit it's a screw up on both parties, wtf were we thinking when we fired triano?

we were on the uprise in the national standings and we fired our coach and rubbed and scared some relationships.

while i agree nash is being a bit selfish, and i don't see why the fuck he wouldn't want to try to win a world championship or gold medal after realizing he can't win a damn thing in phoenix.

has there really been anything to entice him to come play for canada? he had a good relationship with triano and firing the guy, i man, you could understand that it can be taken as a direct shot in the stones to nash.

leo ever since becoming coach has driven all our best players away, except for his freakin son, carl english and levon kendall.

actually come to think of it didn't see english on the team this past worlds. leo is a goon, honestly i'd rather have marc iavoroni be the coach of canada.

leo is a fucking goon, triano did nothing to deserve to be fired, firing triano was a direct kick to nash's balls, hiring leo rautins slowly just pissed everyone off, and all the sudden were lookingforward to mother fucking 2014!!!!!!!!!!

wtf, the world is supposed to freakin end in 2012, so were freakin lookin forward to a year that might not even exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!face to palm, punch to head, fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

nash isn't the problem, the interntional commitee is the problem, who the hell is it richard peddie?
                              I don't mean to go off-topic here, but since we are looking in the past, wasn't the world suppose to end in 2000 b/c of some Y2K bullshit??

As far as I'm concerned, the world could end tommorrow. How the hell can you, "scientists" or anyone else say otherwise? No one, and I mean NO ONE can predict when the earth will "expire", or if it even will. so don't come here with your fuckin Mayanist crap and tell me "the world is supposed to freakin end in 2012".

That seriously gets on my nerve when people say that, as a joke I can take it but it sounds like you think thats really going to happen, well guess what buddy? the world could end tommorrow, was that suppose to FREAKIN happen??!

Once again for everyone else, sorry to go a little off base, as for Nash, yeah he is dick but who cares, wasn't going to win us a championship or an olympic gold on his own anyways.....
                              Last edited by matt; Thu Sep 30, 2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X