Triano Cuts Practice Short Because of Lack of Focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano Cuts Practice Short Because of Lack of Focus

This doesn't bode well already. Should we chalk it up to players being a little rusty and trying to clean off the off-season cobwebs or lack of maturity with all these young guys?

Courtesy of Paul Jones.

Triano: we cut it short today to do some conditioning because guys minds were wandering
    Either way, Triano's sounds alot tougher this season already:

Is there anything u did last year ur not gonna do this year? Triano; Yeah...not give guys training camp off
    Source - Click here

Lack of organizational leadership & team structure.

After hearing about Miami practice nothing but defense in both of their practice sessions yesterday & Boston going through a grueling 3 hour morning workout one can see that TO is headed straight to the Lottery abyss with Jay in charge via his svengali BC.

Seems like the players may be tuning Jay's voice out from jump street...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Btw- TO doesn't even have enough training camp bodies as all NBA teams are carrying at least 20 players into training camp in order to help ensure that players don't get over-worked and that drills, sets can be run properly in case of camp injuries and the like.

Jay aka MistaDoblina in full e-f-f-e-c-t!!!!
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Sep 29, 2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post

Btw- TO doesn't even have enough training camp bodies as all NBA teams are carrying at least 20 players into training camp in order to help ensure that players don't get over-worked and that drills, sets can be run properly in case of camp injuries and the like.
      Four added to roster
      By Elliott Teaford on September 24, 2010 3:26 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | ShareThis

The Lakers signed four players to fill out their training camp roster. They inked guards Trey Johnson and Anthony Roberson and centers Andrew Naymick and Russell Hicks, none of whom are expected to make the roster for the start of the regular season. Training camp starts Sunday morning. There are 18 names on the roster, although there are only 17 healthy bodies since Andrew Bynum is sidelined after having offseason knee surgery.
      Last time I counted 18 was less than 20 and 17 even less than 18.

So I guess 17 must be less than 20.

Just saying

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

good for jay at least hes trying i can deffinately see that he might of lost some of his voice in the locker room but hes right if he can get these kids to stay focused nd compete for 48 mins then hes done his job.

what happend to JJ though, first day as then "leader" and practice gets cut short hope this isnt a trend for the season cause then were really screwed.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Last time I counted 18 was less than 20 and 17 even less than 18.

So I guess 17 must be less than 20.

Just saying

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/
          Hey, I'm not infallible.lol I will rephrase that and say almost all NBA teams have 20 players in training camp.

I did a quick glance over all the NBA training camp rosters and thought that I counted at least 20 players- including injured players, on each roster. I thought DJMbenga was still on their roster- still would have only given LA 19 camp players.

But I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that TO was the only team to cut their day 1 training camp short because of a "lack of focus" from players. Btw- Jack was the last player off of the court.

Comment

Maybe all they need is some nerve tonic which promotes health.

Comment

He should run them into the ground till they are too tired to do anything else but listen.

Comment

Looks like all that bonding that JJ and the Young Gunz did leading up to camp has started to really pay off (sarcasm)...Yaa they really came in focused and ready, either that or they were still thinking about all the fun they had at paintball and shitty argo/leaf games. If JJ thinks he's gonna be the leader he needs to stop making stupid ignorant comments in public and get his "boys" in line and focused on getting to work and not reminiscing about all the fun they had bonding before camp...

Comment

After hearing about Miami practice nothing but defense in both of their practice sessions yesterday & Boston going through a grueling 3 hour morning workout one can see that TO is headed straight to the Lottery abyss with Jay in charge via his svengali BC.

Seems like the players may be tuning Jay's voice out from jump street...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Jay aka MistaDoblina in full e-f-f-e-c-t!!!!
                  for the love of god man you really need to shift to other angles man, you keep playing the same "jay and bc are crap" angle over and over and over again. youre really starting to sound like a fucking broken record.

since you really like the miami heat's defense and the boston celtic's hard work, here, ill help you start off:

http://celticshub.com/?gcid=C12289x022&gtkw=Celtics+Hub

http://www.hothothoops.com/

maybe youd like to post to these 2 sites instead and change your tune, if you post positive things for a change maybe it will make your miserable life a lot more livable.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    for the love of god man you really need to shift to other angles man, you keep playing the same "jay and bc are crap" angle over and over and over again. youre really starting to sound like a fucking broken record.

since you really like the miami heat's defense and the boston celtic's hard work, here, ill help you start off:

http://celticshub.com/?gcid=C12289x022&gtkw=Celtics+Hub

http://www.hothothoops.com/

maybe youd like to post to these 2 sites instead and change your tune, if you post positive things for a change maybe it will make your miserable life a lot more livable.
                    I Can't Do Nuttin' For Ya Man:

Btw- keep on drinking the BC kool aid if you wish- to each their own..........

Comment

Jump to conclusions, much?

For the guy who supposedly tries to look at the Raptors objectively (your sig), your failure to do so is somewhat ironic.

The Raptors cutting practice short because guys minds were apparently wondering means nothing more than just that, as far as we know. We could assume all sorts of things and make up reasons, but since we're not sitting around a beauty shop, there's no real point in that, is there? One person could read something positive into it and another person could read something negative into it, depending on your bias. An unbiased person would look at what they did in their first practice and hear that it was cut short and withhold judgment because there's simply not enough evidence.

I'm going to predict that quite a number of posters here are going to jump to their own conclusions.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Jump to conclusions, much?

For the guy who supposedly tries to look at the Raptors objectively (your sig), your failure to do so is somewhat ironic.

The Raptors cutting practice short because guys minds were apparently wondering means nothing more than just that, as far as we know. We could assume all sorts of things and make up reasons, but since we're not sitting around a beauty shop, there's no real point in that, is there? One person could read something positive into it and another person could read something negative into it, depending on your bias. An unbiased person would look at what they did in their first practice and hear that it was cut short and withhold judgment because there's simply not enough evidence.

I'm going to predict that quite a number of posters here are going to jump to their own conclusions.
                        My sig says I'm not a fan aka fanatic but a follower- nothing more nothing less. Plus this is a public Raptor's basketball forum and I will express my opinion whether folks agree with me or not -recognize game, or remain mentally lame- as long as I please.

Fyi- Jay aka MistaDoblina cutting short the very 1st #!?*%#@!# practice is a sign of things to come- mark my words...........or not.lol

Like Kriss Kross I can make you jump- buddy o pal:

Comment

You guys all took this as Triano being soft on them. The worst part of training camp for any professional team is probably "conditioning".

I would definitely rather be doing a defensive positioning drill than some wind sprints
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

I Can't Do Nuttin' For Ya Man:

Btw- keep on drinking the BC kool aid if you wish- to each their own..........
                            seriously man, your antics are getting a bit too tiring.

i think you really need to come up with some new gimmicks, i mean we all understand how youre trying to get everybody's attention around here through your raptors bashing and you just want to get the ire of everybody by being the odd man out, but getting a bit too pathetic now.....

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              seriously man, your antics are getting a bit too tiring.

i think you really need to come up with some new gimmicks, i mean we all understand how youre trying to get everybody's attention around here through your raptors bashing and you just want to get the ire of everybody by being the odd man out, but getting a bit too pathetic now.....

Unfortunately for most of us, this clown sirchilly continues to waste space as well as our time on ridiculous, nonsensical, moronic ramblings. What makes it worse is that this loser isn't even a supporter of our team. If only this idiot would just go away and waste another teams forum space and the time of its members but sadly that won't be the case. Perhaps this loser will get a job, a girlfriend or a productive hobby some day soon and stop wasting our time but I doubt this clown is capable of achieving any of those life affirming accomplishments.
                              Last edited by RaptorRoo; Wed Sep 29, 2010, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X