Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon are more popular than Dwight Howard? Could it be true?
It is. Kind of.
This morning, the NBA released its annual list of its most popular jerseys in Europe. The Orlando Magic center ranked eighth overall.
Kobe Bryant tops the list for the third year in a row.
He’s followed by LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Pau Gasol and Kevin Garnett.
Bargnani, who was born in Italy, is sixth. Calderon, who hails from Spain, is seventh.
The list is based on sales from retail locations across Europe during the 2009-10 NBA season.
Here’s the full list:
1. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
2. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers*
3. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
4. Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers
5. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
6. Andrea Bargnani, Toronto Raptors
7. Jose Calderon, Toronto Raptors
8. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
9. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
10. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
11. Danilo Gallinari, New York Knicks
12. Joakim Noah, Chicago Bulls
13. Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets
14. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
15. Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets