No announcement yet.

Diaw To Toronto? Raptors Working On It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was Diaw's physique when he left Phoenix?

I ask because in CHA he has been asked to play the 4 as Wallace plays the 3.

They aren't running and gunning with Larry Brown in CHA therefore he is banging with most 4's.

Did he gain the weight to hold his ground against bigger/slower players?

OR

Did he lose control numerous times at the buffet line?

I think it might be a combination of the two.

Comment

if we get Boris, does he start at 3?
      Kleiza is my lock for 3
      Last edited by Jaworski; Thu Sep 30, 2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

If the Raps were to trade Calderon for Diaw, I hope we might also squeeze a 2nd round pick out of them as well! Whether we dump Calderon (eventual savings since Diaw has less years on contract at slightly less per year) or Evans/Banks for Diaw, I think it improves the team overall. From the PG perspective, it clears out a bit of a logjam. I think it also improves our overall front court depth and gives more lineup flexibility.

If the Raps were to sign Dampier and trade Calderon & Evans for Diaw, I could see the lineup shaping up like this:

C: Dampier/Davis
        PF: Bargnani/Johnson
        SF: Kleiza/Diaw
        SG: DeRozan/Weems
        PG: Jack/Barbosa
        BENCH: Anderson/Wright
        SUITS: Dorsey/Banks
        D-LEAGUE: Alabi

Comment

Diaw would be perfect, we need a replacement for our overweight underachieving point forward from last year.

I can already see the headlines, Diaw fakes sickness to party with fat chicks.

Last edited by Krix; Thu Sep 30, 2010, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
            Seriously, this team does not need Diaw. However, if we could trade either Evans/Banks for him I'd be okay with it. Dude needs to stay in shape, he's almost in Eddy Curry territory.
            no, defintely not even close to curry territory.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              no, defintely not even close to curry territory.
              Curry just added 20 MORE pounds as well, so DEFINITELY not Eddy Curry.

Besides which when he played C for the Suns, he was awesome. A little too passive at times, but a surprisingly good defender and terrific passer, not to mention Fantasy gold.
              "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
              -Newsradio

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                What was Diaw's physique when he left Phoenix?

I ask because in CHA he has been asked to play the 4 as Wallace plays the 3.

They aren't running and gunning with Larry Brown in CHA therefore he is banging with most 4's.

Did he gain the weight to hold his ground against bigger/slower players?

OR

Did he lose control numerous times at the buffet line?

I think it might be a combination of the two.
                In Phx he was in NBA playing shape not weigh-in shape......Diaw seems like he's not motivated to play from the games I seen him play as a Bobcat as he was in Phx.

Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Oct 1, 2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                  In Phx he was in NBA playing shape not weigh-in shape......Diaw seems like he's not motivated to play from the games I seen him play as a Bobcat as he was in Phx.

Could motivation be lost by not playing in free-wheeling PHX system once D'Antoni left?

He did have to suffer through Terry Porter in PHX. Traded to CHA is not much of a step up.

I'd still trade him for Calderon in a heartbeat - 1 for 1, straight up.

Comment

Could motivation be lost by not playing in free-wheeling PHX system once D'Antoni left?

He did have to suffer through Terry Porter in PHX. Traded to CHA is not much of a step up.

Not everyone responds positively to Larry Brown's coaching style

For instance

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Or mabey he got paid (contract) and lost some motivation?

An in shape, motivated Diaw is a good NBA player an unmotivated out of shape Diaw is not.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        Not everyone responds positively to Larry Brown's coaching style

For instance

ok, i know wh that is now. i think the point is to be like who the heck is that and then you would have said exactly.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I am not sure if Diaw is needed. After all in FIBA WC, Kleiza completely dominated the guy. He can pass ball but he looked lazy and slow otherwise. When Klieza started playing more active on offense Diaw was completely crushed - could not defend against Kleiza at all and was impotent on offense all night long.

He would not be an upgrade, as in right now Kleiza is better. Maybe as a sub but even then I shudder remembering his lack of defensive effort on WC.

Comment

Working...
                          X