Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Diaw To Toronto? Raptors Working On It

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Rookie Captain Haddock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    no, defintely not even close to curry territory.
    Curry just added 20 MORE pounds as well, so DEFINITELY not Eddy Curry.

    Besides which when he played C for the Suns, he was awesome. A little too passive at times, but a surprisingly good defender and terrific passer, not to mention Fantasy gold.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    What was Diaw's physique when he left Phoenix?

    I ask because in CHA he has been asked to play the 4 as Wallace plays the 3.

    They aren't running and gunning with Larry Brown in CHA therefore he is banging with most 4's.

    Did he gain the weight to hold his ground against bigger/slower players?

    OR

    Did he lose control numerous times at the buffet line?

    I think it might be a combination of the two.
    In Phx he was in NBA playing shape not weigh-in shape......Diaw seems like he's not motivated to play from the games I seen him play as a Bobcat as he was in Phx.

    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Oct 1st, 2010 at 07:54 PM.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    In Phx he was in NBA playing shape not weigh-in shape......Diaw seems like he's not motivated to play from the games I seen him play as a Bobcat as he was in Phx.

    Could motivation be lost by not playing in free-wheeling PHX system once D'Antoni left?

    He did have to suffer through Terry Porter in PHX. Traded to CHA is not much of a step up.

    I'd still trade him for Calderon in a heartbeat - 1 for 1, straight up.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Could motivation be lost by not playing in free-wheeling PHX system once D'Antoni left?

    He did have to suffer through Terry Porter in PHX. Traded to CHA is not much of a step up.

    I'd still trade him for Calderon in a heartbeat - 1 for 1, straight up.
    Not everyone responds positively to Larry Brown's coaching style

    For instance

    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Could motivation be lost by not playing in free-wheeling PHX system once D'Antoni left?

    He did have to suffer through Terry Porter in PHX. Traded to CHA is not much of a step up.

    I'd still trade him for Calderon in a heartbeat - 1 for 1, straight up.
    Or mabey he got paid (contract) and lost some motivation?

    An in shape, motivated Diaw is a good NBA player an unmotivated out of shape Diaw is not.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Not everyone responds positively to Larry Brown's coaching style

    For instance

    ok, i know wh that is now. i think the point is to be like who the heck is that and then you would have said exactly.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am not sure if Diaw is needed. After all in FIBA WC, Kleiza completely dominated the guy. He can pass ball but he looked lazy and slow otherwise. When Klieza started playing more active on offense Diaw was completely crushed - could not defend against Kleiza at all and was impotent on offense all night long.

    He would not be an upgrade, as in right now Kleiza is better. Maybe as a sub but even then I shudder remembering his lack of defensive effort on WC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •