X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (9/29/10) Bosh Sportsnet Interview On Toronto Situation & More

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/366737...clusive-Part-1

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/366737...clusive-Part-2

I haven't had the time to listen to the full interview yet so feel free to recap it. I do know that CB implies that getting 20 & 10 is showing leadership or something to that effect.

Enjoy.....

good questions, good interview. What I took from that interview is I am surpised that a guy who clearly doesn't have the ability to be a leader or fanchise player for any organization lasted in toronto for so long, the kid lacks heart and to me looks like he is looking for the easy road.

Comment

Grindhouse, he lasted so long as the leader because the team sucked. He was the best player they had and it wasn't like they were going to land an elite talent who could be a strong leader via a trade with or without him involved. They chose to try and develop him into the player they wanted. Some guys just aren't cut out to lead. I think he and everyone else knows he's a follower. I think he started out with a lot of heart. I feel that seven years in, nothing to show for it compared to his peers and no real sign of things changing was enough for him to change direction. If I was in his shoes I would have done the same thing, with the exception of disrespecting the fans on the way out.
      Last edited by Apollo; Thu Sep 30, 2010, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Seven years of not winning could sour a person but from that interview I don't think that is the case with him. The good thing out of all of this is training camp has starter and hopefully we can put the #4 era behind us and move forward. I am tired of hearing his name so I will just say #4 when referring to him.

Comment

Actually, in the long term, this Bosh leaving is actually a win-win situation. Many have said we can not build a franchise around Bosh anyways and we are not enslaved by a long max contract. So that's good we can start fresh. Then Bosh gets a chance to win championships. He has been a classy guy all the way through the past 7 years so I appreciate him for that. I just wish he could have made a decision much earlier and told BC, so that BC could get better assets for him in return.

side note: very good interview. But totally disagree with grindhouse that Bosh lacks heart --- in my opinion and observation he gave his heart to the Raps these 7 years and we can't judge a person's heart anyways.
          Last edited by Jaworski; Thu Sep 30, 2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

New quote from Shaq: They have a great one-two punch in Miami. (I think I have it right...heard it on PTI)

Ouch!

Comment

Clit Byatch: The Lapdog in....."Playing Under Balls"

Synopsis: Clit will play the role of Brazilian Wax, a guy who lives along the Anal Canal, a small cum-unity on the south corner of LeBron & Wades. The story of a ballsplayer who falls from humble grace, after ditching the team that made his career go from "skinny little kid" to RuPaul stardom. (title given to him by Stuper Man and team-bouncing NBA player Shrekille O'Neil)

Release Date: Tuesday, October 26th 2010 in Boston

Co-Stars: LeFraud Jane as "C'mon James"

Dwayne Wade as "My Team: The Franchise Guy"

Director: Pat Riley aka "Sat Smiling"
              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

... Dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. So props on that, sir.

I don't really care if he made up his mind way beforehand, but it just seemed to me he was lying when he talked about realizing when Toronto was no longer an option to him. For what it's worth, I don't care... so I don't think I'm being biased.

Comment

Good interview. Some questions must of been awkward to ask. I wish BC and Triano could stop taking shots at him. In this interview Chris takes the high road without sounding too clichéd. People here, from upper management to your average fan, are acting like little bitches about this whole thing. He didn't whine his way out like Damon or Vince, he didn't bolt like Tmac. He played here with constantly flawed teams through 2 contracts over 7 years and left because they weren't anywhere near competing.

I don't understand why so many people are acting like he beat up your mom and kicked your dog while shitting all over your bed.
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

really dont want to go back into the whole bosh bashing but youve opened up the flood gates, hehehehe

it was funny to watch how he was all cocky at the start of the interview and then the guy asks him how he feels about being the 3rd option and he suddenly goes all defensive....last i remember, he said he wanted to be the man, he aint playing second fiddle to nobody, he is not an ADDITION! wahahaha. well now, he's not an addition but a third addition, he's a piece of the puzzle, a role player. i think what he doesnt realize is 20 years down the road, people will be talking about how wade and lebron won championships and how the rest of the team played their roles. much like when jordan and pippen won championships, you never really hear rodman/harper/longley/kukoc mentioned in the same sentence as mj and pip. maybe if bosh colored his hair and got lots of tatoos, he'll at least be known as the guy who rebounded a lot when wade and lbj missed shots.

also noticed that when the questions got a bit awkward, you could barely hear him speak, like he's eating his words. funny too when asked what his fondest memories of toronto was and what he would miss the most, didnt even mention any of his past teammates, or alvin williams who was a great motivator for the players...sam mitchell....just gives you reason to think he probably did check out, and much earlier than colangelo was even saying. gotta read between the lines.
                    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Oct 1, 2010, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Oct 1, 2010, 01:43 AM.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        much like when jordan and pippen won championships, you never really hear rodman/harper/longley/kukoc mentioned in the same sentence as mj and pip. maybe if bosh colored his hair and got lots of tatoos, he'll at least be known as the guy who rebounded a lot when wade and lbj missed shots.
                        Nah that's not going to work because you even forgot to mention the third best player that was insturmental in the Bulls first 3 title wins who was famous for wearing big ass goggles and was also 6'10 much like Bosh.

Lebron is MJ (being the best player)
                        Wade is Pippen (being the second best player)
                        Bosh is Horace Grant (being the third best player)

Kukoc is essentially Bargnani and remember how bad the Bulls were when MJ and Pippen left and he was the first scoring option on the team

Rodman was pretty much a JYD type of player (hard nose, hussle/energy and physical) but he rebounded better then KG did in his prime or most great NBA centre's in their prime.

Harper was essentially the Derek Fisher of the Lakers or the Shane Battier of the Rockets, a smart leader that makes smart plays in the right time.

The rest of the championship Bulls are players that were easily replaceble and are probably remembered by those that follow the team those years (BJ Armstrong was the most over-rated player I have ever seen, nobody really remembers that Cartwright or Paxton were on the team, Lognley was over-rated, Steve Kerr= Jason Kapono , Bill Wennigton was the sole Canadian and Jason Caffey did alot of coke and payed alot of child support).

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Nah that's not going to work because you even forgot to mention the third best player that was insturmental in the Bulls first 3 title wins who was famous for wearing big ass goggles and was also 6'10 much like Bosh.

Lebron is MJ (being the best player)
                          Wade is Pippen (being the second best player)
                          Bosh is Horace Grant (being the third best player)

Kukoc is essentially Bargnani and remember how bad the Bulls were when MJ and Pippen left and he was the first scoring option on the team

Rodman was pretty much a JYD type of player (hard nose, hussle/energy and physical) but he rebounded better then KG did in his prime or most great NBA centre's in their prime.

Harper was essentially the Derek Fisher of the Lakers or the Shane Battier of the Rockets, a smart leader that makes smart plays in the right time.

The rest of the championship Bulls are players that were easily replaceble and are probably remembered by those that follow the team those years (BJ Armstrong was the most over-rated player I have ever seen, nobody really remembers that Cartwright or Paxton were on the team, Lognley was over-rated, Steve Kerr= Jason Kapono , Bill Wennigton was the sole Canadian and Jason Caffey did alot of coke and payed alot of child support).
                          Lebron might be better then Wade but since its Wades team he'll be the #1 option.

Wade = MJ
                          Lebron = Pippen
                          Bosh = Grant

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                            really dont want to go back into the whole bosh bashing but youve opened up the flood gates, hehehehe

it was funny to watch how he was all cocky at the start of the interview and then the guy asks him how he feels about being the 3rd option and he suddenly goes all defensive....last i remember, he said he wanted to be the man, he aint playing second fiddle to nobody, he is not an ADDITION! wahahaha. well now, he's not an addition but a third addition, he's a piece of the puzzle, a role player. i think what he doesnt realize is 20 years down the road, people will be talking about how wade and lebron won championships and how the rest of the team played their roles. much like when jordan and pippen won championships, you never really hear rodman/harper/longley/kukoc mentioned in the same sentence as mj and pip. maybe if bosh colored his hair and got lots of tatoos, he'll at least be known as the guy who rebounded a lot when wade and lbj missed shots.

also noticed that when the questions got a bit awkward, you could barely hear him speak, like he's eating his words. funny too when asked what his fondest memories of toronto was and what he would miss the most, didnt even mention any of his past teammates, or alvin williams who was a great motivator for the players...sam mitchell....just gives you reason to think he probably did check out, and much earlier than colangelo was even saying. gotta read between the lines.
                            That would be a crying shame wouldn't it. The player who won multiple rings but name isn't remembered like Jordan or Pippen. Must be a terrible situation to be in. lol

Not being considered as good as Lebron James and Dwayne Wade (how mnay players in the league are as good as those 2) and winning championships is not a terrible thing.

Anytime anyone says anything about BC and reading between the lines in the same sentence I gotta comment. When I hear our GM's response to questions I wish and pray he would "eat his words" or just not say them. The only thing that "checked out" was Colangelo's ability to recognize talent and his fleeting credibility. This left him about the time he drafted Bargnani.

Comment

"The only thing that "checked out" was Colangelo's ability to recognize talent and his fleeting credibility."

Well, that was a tad idiotic. BC may have had little success so far in advancing the Raps deep into the playoffs but lets not forget they finished 1st in their division in his first year, bringing players no one has heard of or haven't had much success in their careers. The moves he's made over years may have not panned out, but there was no question the talents those players possessed.

"This left him about the time he drafted Bargnani."

As for the Bargnani comment, i agree he's certainly not yet proven his worth of being 1st overall draft pick but how great qualtify centres/7 footers there are in the league? How many centre/7 footers in the league that can score with versatility like Bargnani can? If you look at his numbers, he has progressed every year, maybe not fast enough to us fans, but he's improving. With Bosh gone, this is his first real opportunity to showcase his vast potential. He may very well never become a dominant low post, defensive centre everyone wants him to be, but you can't deny that boy can score and has shown he can run around circles against opposing centres.

Comment

Working...
                              X