Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Jay On Prime Time Sports Radio Talking Raptor Basketball (9/27/10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Jay On Prime Time Sports Radio Talking Raptor Basketball (9/27/10)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/366737...ano-Talks-Raps

I haven't had time to listen to the interview in full but Jay is still bashing Bosh from what I have listen to.

Enjoy.

Jay's a company man and in some ways a lackey of sorts for Colangelo.

I don't blame him for toting the company line but he's the coach and could have made the decisions he wanted, if he felt there were things happening that were detrimental to the team.

If he didn't like the results of a top 5 offence in the league he could have changed it. Was selfish Chris Bosh gonna stop playing because he couldn't hold the ball for 20 seconds every possesion???lol

The good thing about all of this politricking is that once they start playing the games it will all cease and the only thing anyone will have to analyze and discuss is the 2010 Raptors team. No hand-cuffs on coaches and GM's, no "stars" to cater to, no "handcuff's" (I can't believe Colangelo suggested that. He was the one who paid for the handuffs!) and no EXCUSES.

One excuse that I thankfully will not hear is the team "adjusting to not having a star player" on the squad cause you can't say "good riddance he was holding us back" then change the tune later on.

Let's Go Rap-tors!

Comment

I hope the new schemes allow for all 5 guys to touch the ball at least once in the half court sets. Its very easy to stop a team when your one dimensional like toronto was last year. This team is athletic so if they can play aggressive, run the floor,move the ball, exploit the mis-matching, and hit the open shot they may have a chance.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        I hope the new schemes allow for all 5 guys to touch the ball at least once in the half court sets. Its very easy to stop a team when your one dimensional like toronto was last year. This team is athletic so if they can play aggressive, run the floor,move the ball, exploit the mis-matching, and hit the open shot they may have a chance.
        There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the Raptors offense last year. #5 overall in NBA. It was excellent. So was Bosh.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the Raptors offense last year. #5 overall in NBA. It was excellent. So was Bosh.
          aside from the fact that when bosh wasn't there it was stagnate. good teams have a system utah (back screens and pick and rolls), lakers (triangle), boston (motion and screens), san antonio (high posts)....when the good players are out the team doesn't shut down because the system works.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
            aside from the fact that when bosh wasn't there it was stagnate. good teams have a system utah (back screens and pick and rolls), lakers (triangle), boston (motion and screens), san antonio (high posts)....when the good players are out the team doesn't shut down because the system works.
            Raps offense (5th) was better than ALL those teams you mentioned: Boston (15th), San Antonio (9th), Lakers (11th), UTAH (8th).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2010.html

Stagnate offense works just fine if you have a high efficiency, high usage scorer like Bosh. This year we will have to do other things offensively, out of necessity, to make up for that loss.

And regards to system & teams. Great systems can't win by themself. Good teams need great players. Check out Utah Jazz after Stockton/Malone left and before D-Will matured. Check out Boston only 1 year before the big 3. Same coaches, same systems, different players. San Antonio wins with defense and stagnant Tim Duncan hi/lo offense. Lakers have Kobe.

Comment

Working...
            X