• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto MD faces 26 more sex charges

Toronto MD faces 26 more sex charges
    Last Updated: Thursday, September 30, 2010 | 2:00 PM ET
    CBC News

Dr. George Doodnaught is accused of assaulting 29 women while they were under anesthesia for surgical procedures. (CBC)

A Toronto doctor already accused of three counts of sexual assault is now facing 26 more charges.

Police laid the additional charges on Thursday, after 26 more women came forward and accused Dr. George Doodnaught of assaulting them, while under his care.

Doodnaught, 61, worked as an anesthesiologist at Toronto's North York General Hospital.

In March, Doodnaught was charged with sexually assaulting three female patients between August 2007 and February 2010.

Police say the other alleged assaults happened between 1992 and 2010.

Police say the first three assaults they investigated took place while the women were under anesthesia and undergoing surgical procedures in hospital. They believe the other assaults happened under similar circumstances.

Toronto Doctor Faces
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

How are they going to prove if he assaulted the other 26 women..? If they were under anesthesia, they'd probably feel something was off when they woke up, but nothing can be proved now. Between '92-'10.. What's the statute of limitations on sexual assault? I believe 10 years?

I mean.. The guy is scum. He should, and probably already has had his license to practice medicine revoked. Hopefully there's some kind of evidence to prove the allegations, and keep him in jail longer, just doesn't seem so open and shut yet to me.

Comment

Working...
    X