Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diaw to Toronto by himself still makes sense

Diaw for Banks and Evans with or without a 2nd round pick
    Why it makes sense for the raptors. This frees up an extra spot to sign Eric Dampier for the veterans minimum. We can keep Dorsey for depth.

I like Diaw, he clearly needs a new change of scenery. If he plays well we have another guy who can play C, PF and SF on defence, and if he's out of shape we can sit him on the bench until he gets in game shape. He's a point forward, excellent passer and can play excellent defense when he is in shape and motivated. And he can run and gun which I like

If you have Diaw and Dampier instead of Banks and Evans you should be happy.
    The only problem is we might have too much depth, we get rid of a couple of guys not expected to dress and that will be willing to except that role. Somebody expecting to play now is not gonna be happy not dressing.
    So you don't dress dorsey, Dupree (for now), Alibi and or Andersen and maybe Wright. There is no way your gonna sit anybody else unless they are hurt.
    PG: Calderon, Jack, Barbosa
    SG: De Rosan, Barbosa, Weems
    SF: Kleisa, Weems, Wright
    PF: Bargniani, Diaw, Davis
    C Johnson, Dampier, Diaw
    I like this team it makes the younger players earn their minutes, every position has capable subs behind them.

Sit: Dupree (he'll be on team for 6 weeks) Dorsey, (Alabi and/or Andersen)
    Either Alabi or Andersen are not gonna be happy with this trade, Alabi could go to Development League if he's not ready
    I think the Raptors should use their depth to their advantage and play really tough hard on the ball defence and sub more often.

Calderon for Diaw

I'm also good with trading Calderon straight up for Diaw but I want a 1st round pick also in return. Or We could trade Reggie Evans and Calderon for Diaw and a 1st round pick, that'll work better.

Comment

rockstar rob wrote: View Post
      I'm also good with trading Calderon straight up for Diaw but I want a 1st round pick also in return. Or We could trade Reggie Evans and Calderon for Diaw and a 1st round pick, that'll work better.
      Calderon the player is not the issue - his contract is. If he made $4-5M a year, I might agree. Given the contract and 2 seasons left beyond this year which tops out at $10.5M and with the possibility of a hard salary cap coming in around $60M, the Cats might be looking for Miami's first round pick to take on Calderon.

A straight up trade would be good for both teams, IMO.

Comment

Diaw for Banks and Evans with or without a 2nd round pick
        Why it makes sense for the raptors. This frees up an extra spot to sign Eric Dampier for the veterans minimum. We can keep Dorsey for depth.

I like Diaw, he clearly needs a new change of scenery. If he plays well we have another guy who can play C, PF and SF on defence, and if he's out of shape we can sit him on the bench until he gets in game shape. He's a point forward, excellent passer and can play excellent defense when he is in shape and motivated. And he can run and gun which I like
        The last thing the Raptors need is a guy that requires extra motivation to play hard. Even worse if it's an international player. That's been a huge problem with the culture of the team already, and was one the issues that split the dressing room last year. No thanks. BC just needs to take a cold shower and stop thinking about Diaw.

In fact, the Raps need to go the other way - get guys that play hard all the time, and get in their teammates faces if they don't also.

Comment

why I still would get diaw on the cheap

First of all the ceiling of Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks is really low, they are both going to be gone by the end of the year anyways. However, the reason we can trade up is because Diaw is out of shape. I figure the risk is low, Barbosa is friends with him, and if we are able to get Diaw motivated and playing to his potential here is a guy that can really help this team. There is no doubt about it, we are thin at center. Having another guy that can play good defense (he has before) is an excellent passer and can score at that position is a huge plus. He only has 1 extra year so if he doesn't pan out we can get rid of him next year. I think Triano can motivate him cause if he doesn't get his ass into shape then he doesn't dress that simple. So worst case scenario we have 1 less guy not dressing and make room for Dorsey. Best case scenario is he gets motivated plays to his potential and really helps this team. That's a gamble I'm willing to take.

Comment

First of all the ceiling of Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks is really low, they are both going to be gone by the end of the year anyways. However, the reason we can trade up is because Diaw is out of shape. I figure the risk is low, Barbosa is friends with him, and if we are able to get Diaw motivated and playing to his potential here is a guy that can really help this team. There is no doubt about it, we are thin at center. Having another guy that can play good defense (he has before) is an excellent passer and can score at that position is a huge plus. He only has 1 extra year so if he doesn't pan out we can get rid of him next year. I think Triano can motivate him cause if he doesn't get his ass into shape then he doesn't dress that simple. So worst case scenario we have 1 less guy not dressing and make room for Dorsey. Best case scenario is he gets motivated plays to his potential and really helps this team. That's a gamble I'm willing to take.
            I think the worse case scenario is they trade Banks/Evans for Diaw, he does not resemble anything of his past Suns self, and he takes up the option on his contract. Max pain, right there. If that happens and Calderon is kept, next year can be written off as well.

Comment

Working...
            X