Eric Smith Talks to Triano About Dampier After Dampier's Visit To the ACC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Smith Talks to Triano About Dampier After Dampier's Visit To the ACC

At the end Triano compares the says that if Dampier signed with the Raptors he could be used with Bargnani like Dallas used Dirk and Dampier together.

Audio

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?cont...0_200752_13064

Dampier Visits Toronto

Thursday September 30 2010 - 8:10pm Eastern - Toronto, ON

I had someone let me know last night that free agent centre, Erick Dampier, was going to be in town for a ‘visit’ with the Raptors today. So I broke that news in my blog late last night and then kept an eye on things throughout the day today - while I was hosting the 9am-12pm shift on the FAN as well.

Then late this afternoon I got another tip that Dampier was still at the ACC and that he’d be watching the Raptors evening practice. So …even though I wasn’t scheduled to cover the night session …I went down to the gym on my own time …to see what I could sniff out.

Dampier was indeed at the ACC but I was told that he was not talking to the media.

I did, however, get a 1 on 1 with Jay Triano …talking all about Dampier and the impact that he COULD have on the Raptors if he were to sign on the dotted line
    cont on link

http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/e...isits-toronto/
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Sep 30, 2010, 08:37 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Gotta love Eric Smith. He's one of the very best, if not the best, Raptors reporter/analyst. You can alway tell he loves his job.

I hope Dampier signs here. They could really use the boost at center. There is enough time to be had off the bench for Johnson and Davis.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Gotta love Eric Smith. He's one of the very best, if not the best, Raptors reporter/analyst. You can alway tell he loves his job.

I hope Dampier signs here. They could really use the boost at center. There is enough time to be had off the bench for Johnson and Davis.
      I understand and agree that he's an upgrade over Alabi, but the only Veterans the Raps should be thinking of right now are the ones that can show leadership by either their words or actions. Dampier is neither of these things and holds the risk of becoming a negative locker-room presence.... I truely do not understand why we want or need him...
      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Edgar, my first thought is who is out there on the free agency market that can fill those needs? I can't think of anyone.

They set the goal to win games this year. What we envision doesn't matter at the end of the day. If they want to win then Damp offers an upgrade in an area that is very weak. This move would make sense if the goal is winning and being competitive. Colangelo is on a contract year so bringing Dampier in makes sense from that standpoint as well.

One more thing. Why is he a risk in the locker room again?

Comment

eric is truely passionate about his job what happend to devlin haven't herd of him this whole summer
          ya dun noe

Comment

Working...
          X