The Wright Attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wright Attitude

TORONTO -- Julian Wright has found Toronto very welcoming and now would like to give something back on the court.

Wright, the 6-foot-8 forward acquired from the New Orleans Hornets for Marco Belinelli this summer is hoping to be a contributor on a team where playing time is very much up in the air.

Wright, still just 23, played well as a rookie for the Hornets before taking a step back the past two seasons.

The personable native of the Chicago area said the coaching staff and players have helped him fit in quickly.

Wright feels he can bring something.

"I'm energetic, bounce around the floor, able to get points off rebounds, run the floor," Wright said in describing his game.

"I just want to be counted on in a lot of ways. (I'm) working on being more aggressive, taking it to the hoop."

Wright said former teammate Morris Peterson had good things to say about Toronto, but he wasn't able to get in touch with the ex-Raptor recently for more of a heads up.
    Source: Slam Sports

man, this pun on that last name has been brutal ever since the acquiring of antoine wright. i mean it was cool at first but now it just needs to stop.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If you think the pun with Wright is bad, just think about what golden state fans have to endure now that they've hired Coach Smart.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
        If you think the pun with Wright is bad, just think about what golden state fans have to endure now that they've hired Coach Smart.

Comment

marz wrote: View Post
          if you think the pun with wright is bad, just think about what golden state fans have to endure now that they've hired coach smart.
          hahahah

Comment

I like Wright but I wish BC would stop adding players from every bball league known to man. Can't he just stay with the current line-up and give these guys a chance to gel? What's next follow Charlotte to give every reject player an invite to camp (Antoine Walker, Crittenton, Miles and Shaun Livingston)? I don't like this "throw-a-crapload-of-spaghetti-noodles-on-the-wall-and-some-are-likely-to-stick approach".
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

According to Wright he likes to play chess.

Doubt that there are a lot of chess players among the NBA players.

This fact about Wright goes a long way in explaining some of the problems that he has had in the NBA.

He thinks too much and it messes with his attitude and game.

He needs to just relax and play basketball.

Forget trying to remember opening strategies by this guy i.e., "The Chess Prodigy"

Magnus Carlson - He is now all of 19.

Current World Chess Rankings
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Oct 2, 2010, 09:48 AM.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                don't they have like brandon wright on their team too. oh god, i can see it now.

"Coach Smart shows some Smarts to Wright on how to do the Wright Things."
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  man, this pun on that last name has been brutal ever since the acquiring of antoine wright. i mean it was cool at first but now it just needs to stop.
                  You're so Wright, man!

I think he's still young enough to turn his game around. He should get some decent minutes to show his worth in pre-season.

Comment

An injury to Kleiza, DeRozan or Weems could translate to a major opportunity for Wright. Hopefully he remains focused on improving his game and is ready to contribute when called upon.

Comment

Wright, whose defensive abilities I like, could be a nice surprise for TO ala Weems and at the very least is decent insurance against any potential forward injuries.

Comment

Working...
                      X