Belinelli vs. Iavaroni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belinelli vs. Iavaroni

Ugh ... didn't catch this last night, but just read it in Feschuk's article this morning. This isn't good by any means. Coaches vs. players is never a good thing especially when the player is "snapping" back.

The coaches harp, but is anyone listening? Marc Iavaroni, the assistant who specializes in defence, was seen chewing out reserve guard Marco Belinelli during last night's third quarter. Belinelli's response? He snapped back at Iavaroni, then moved down the bench a few seats so he was out of shouting range.
    Source - Click here

I hope Belinelli's line for tonight's game against the Magic reads "DNP-CD".
    RR OG

Comment

Everyone who thought Calderon was the reason our defence sucked should take note. It is a team thing - these guys together don't have what it takes. That what pisses me off when Hollinger writes stuff like Jose is the worst defensive PG in the league. Well, actually, lots of PG's would look real bad on this team, and Jose on a better team would not look as bad as he does now.

I can't believe BC extended him. What for? Not that he was playing bad at the time, but would he make more than his 1 mil salary in free agency? Were we worried someone would come along and steal him?

Comment

Meh, this is what happens when teams are losing. Don't make too big a deal out of it.

Comment

Sometimes you can't teach when the person is upset. (In any business)

A good coach has to be able to read the player to know if he's causing more harm than good and pick his spots. Marco might have to sit out Wed and get special one-on one help on Thursday if it was really important. Or it was just a heat of the moment thing and it meant nothing?
          The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Iavaroni chewing Belinelli out..haha. Talk about pot calling the kettle black. Iavaroni is an all-time fail everywhere he goes.

Comment

The key thing in this scenario is that at no point in time should Belinelli ever lash back at the coaching staff. Just who the hell does he think he is? He's a role player who hasn't been able to land consistent minutes on two sub .500 teams so far in his career. He has no place to clash with anyone. I don't care what you think of Iavaroni, you don't pull that sort of stuff on your coaches. They're the bosses, they decide how your career goes and you respect them. When they tell you what to do then you do it, no matter if you agree with it or not. Let's face it, Marco is a poor defender and no matter how much of a failure Iavaroni has been in the league thus far he's the coach, and so he's the boss. The guy paying the cheques put him in charge of that aspect of the game so you listen up. You do what he says. The day the team tolerates this crap is the day I applaud Bosh for leaving. It will be the smart choice then.
              Last edited by Apollo; Thu Dec 17, 2009, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                Iavaroni chewing Belinelli out..haha. Talk about pot calling the kettle black. Iavaroni is an all-time fail everywhere he goes.
                exactly. if anything he's the one that needs to be chewed out (and disposed of)

Comment

Working...
                X