Clear All

• Raptors Lineups For Their Scrimmage Today - Barbosa Out With Ankle Injury

RaptorsDevlin

Raps scrimmage

Scott Roth's tm Jose, Joey, DD, Linas,Anderson,Wright,Reggie

Alex English's tm Jack,Banks,Bargnani,Dupree, Amir,Weems,Solo
    http://twitter.com/RaptorsDevlin

Barbosa out with ankle injury

Leandro Barbosa will not play in today's intra-squad game due to a sore left ankle. Not considered serious. #Raptors 15 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    http://twitter.com/raptors
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Kleiza leads his squad to blow out
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Wish RapsTV/anybody air these stuff instead of the 1000000000th replay of other shows/games...

Comment

If your desperately fiending they had a live chat:
        http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/trainingcamp_blog.html

Comment

raptors

Kleiza scores 15 to pace Team White past Team Black 50-33 in the #raptors intra-squad game at UBC. More at raptors.com later... 1 minute ago via TweetDeck
          http://twitter.com/raptors

Comment

I was at the practice/intrasquad game... a few things I noticed...
            - Ed Davis was there and doing some rehab work on the sidelines - seems to be able to put weight on injured leg and do light agility work
            - the team as a whole looked totally disinterested in warming up/stretching - odd for a guy like Calderon who seems to get injured every time he sneezes
            - in practice/warm-up the best shooters by far were Demar, Linas and Marcus Banks... yes Marcus Banks! Bargnani was also decent
            - in the game - Demar was throwing up a lot of forced shots - hope that habit gets curbed during the season
            - Linas can flat out score
            - Bargnani stood at the three point line and threw up a bunch of bricks (I think he was 0 for 4 or 5) - I guess all that back-to-the-basket work with the Italian team has already been forgotten
            - Ronald Dupree is a joke - 6 fouls - 6 bricks - and horrible defence
            - Wright could be a pleasant surprise - worked his ass off on D, but didn't get many touches on offence
            - Dorsey is a beast on the glass
            - Evans was surprisingly good (as an NBA backup)
            - Alabi is going to be a project - absolutely horrible footwork
            - ohhh - I haven't mentioned Amir Johnson... that's because he was not involved in one memorable play. I hope he is saving himself for the season!

Comment

@ black angus

Thks. for that post. Its always nice to get an unvarnished eyewitness observation.
              Dont understand why the coaching staff allows the players to muck around without warming/stretching and even taping. I am looking forward to seein Kleiza play and provide energy to the team. Just hope some of the negatives get ironed out before the season starts.

Comment

One of the assistants was leading them through a warm-up with dynamic stretching, etc., but all of them were just going through the motions... only partially doing what was asked of them

Comment

i think linas kleiza will have a breakout season im predicting maybe 18 ppg
                  ya dun noe

Comment

RaptorsTV showed no scrimmage footage- that's more telling than not. Apparently Jose is still favoring his FIBA injury according to Triano. Kleiza will most likely average around 12-14 ppg.

The lackadaisical attitude that Jay has instilled in the Raptor's ever since Sam was prematurely fired makes me want to throw up........stretching is the most prominent key to preventing injuries in basketball players. Players who consistently injure their hamstrings (Jose) are usually in poor NBA playing shape.

I'll say it again the best Raptor units in 2010-11 will be sans BC's "Golden Child" Bargnani.....I have never seen a player like Bargnani treated as an untouchable player by a NBA GM that I can recall. BC, trade the mofo'er already!!!!

Comment

reply to black angus...

kids will never learn... now I'm 'old' and 'creaky' and in my 30s... now I appreciate my 30 minute of warm ups before playing in the oldies rec league

reply to hassan... you know what? I think you might be right
                      Last edited by Jaworski; Mon Oct 4, 2010, 09:54 AM.

Comment

@Black Angus
                        You wrote: - Bargnani stood at the three point line and threw up a bunch of bricks (I think he was 0 for 4 or 5) - I guess all that back-to-the-basket work with the Italian team has already been forgotten

Did he not drive or play in the low post at all?

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                          @Black Angus
                          You wrote: - Bargnani stood at the three point line and threw up a bunch of bricks (I think he was 0 for 4 or 5) - I guess all that back-to-the-basket work with the Italian team has already been forgotten

Did he not drive or play in the low post at all?
                          I don't remember one play being run for Bargnani on a post up. There was one play when he got the ball 15 to 18 feet from the hoop along the baseline - he tried to drive by Anderson for a reverse dunk, but was fouled.

Comment

Working...
                          X