Practice Video Tape Shows That Jose Is Still Injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Video Tape Shows That Jose Is Still Injured

I was just watching RaptorsTV and in the interview segment w/ Triano he said that Jose was favoring his FIBA injury (trainers/coaches noticed it while watching practice tapes) in training camp practices.

So I guess all this hope that Jose would be healthy to start off training camp/regular season is gone in the wind once again. Jose "The Spanish X Ray" Calderon is a fragile as glass it appears.

So I ask how many games will Jose play this season? I think that Jose may miss 10 games due to his injury history and current health.

Btw- RaptorsTV showed none of the Raptor's team scrimmage footage.
    0.00%
    5- 10
    33.33%
    11-15
    50.00%
    16-20
    5.56%
    21 or More
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Oct 4, 2010, 01:00 AM.

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Btw- RaptorsTV showed none of the Raptor's team scrimmage footage.
    Why would they?! this organisation can't run a basketball team so its no surprise they can't run their own television station either.

As for Jose, I would like to say I am surprised but I am not. The man has heart but he is injury prone who is favouring the same injury year after year. His body much like his country man Rudy Frenandez cannot endure an 82 game season banging bodies against stronger and speedier players.

He is either a part timer or he's on the mend, not a starter in this league.

Comment

I am humbly retracting from my bold prediction from 2 years ago that Jose will be the next Steve Nash... coz at that time, I felt like he showed flashes with his passing... if only he got the right mentoring... like from Nash himself... but now I think Jose Calderon will no longer be the next Nash, but the next Jose Calderon.
      Last edited by Jaworski; Mon Oct 4, 2010, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Yeah, as much as I like him, as a player and person, we gotta move him. He's just gonna slow up the development of the team's overall progression. He's too fragile, and going up against younger and quicker guards is gonna expose him largely. We needa' mail this cat off. The team is racking up injuries like crazy. Funny thing is, Triano went on record and said Jose was fine and looked great and in shape, ready to go. Hmmmmm.....
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I don't know though if we could ever move him with the 30mil still owed him...and if we do move him... our PG position will be really thin with Mr Banks becoming the main reserve --- Barbosa doesn't really play PG, we need him to be a scorer in a team desperate for scoring. I hope other teams never read this post about Jose or they'll even be more scared off. Maybe we should start looking to the future... like T.O.'s own Cory Joseph or Kabongo

Cory Joseph/Tristan Thompson mixtape

Kabongo
          Last edited by Jaworski; Mon Oct 4, 2010, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Umm guys most NBA starters miss 5-10 games a year so I have no problem with Jose missing 15/per year IF he can play at 100% of his ability like he did in 07/08... (both Offensively and Defensively!)
            When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Play Jack as the starting PG

If the coaching staff suspect that Calderon is still not at100% then let
              Jack be the starter, let Jack get starter minutes 28-30min/game so that would keep
              Jose at 18-20 min/game.

Comment

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
                If the coaching staff suspect that Calderon is still not at100% then let
                Jack be the starter, let Jack get starter minutes 28-30min/game so that would keep
                Jose at 18-20 min/game.
                Jack should be the starter regardless, Jose should be paired up with Amir on the bench. Thats better for all parties chemistry - wise.

Comment

Interesting that Devlin didn't ask him during this post scrimmage interview about not being a 100%

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/trai...blog_day6.html

We all know that Chilly Baby is a big Jack Jock.

The last thing that CB wants is for Jose to start and remain healthy?

How big?
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

In my post from today I've linked a Jose interview where he clearly says that he's healthy and ready to go:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...100310-1430807

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      In my post from today I've linked a Jose interview where he clearly says that he's healthy and ready to go:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...100310-1430807
                      Jose has stated over & over in various media reports that he's 100% healthy for training camp but apparently that is not true. Triano said that the trainers & himself(coaches) noticed that Jose was favoring his injury when reviewing training camp practice tapes. I tend to lean towards what Jay said in yesterday's RaptorsTV interview & believe that Jose is most likely trying to cover up the extent of his lingering FIBA injury.

Time will tell.

Comment

hamstrings are tricky. THey tend to take a long time to heal and much longer if you don't get the proper rest. This injury was originally picked up during the Olympics, they said he was fine to start the season then BAM! Same hamstring injured within 2 months. Not a coincidence. From there on out we've been dealing with an injured guard.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X