Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Noah Deal Shows Value of Amir Signing

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    No way dude - Horford went 3rd Noah went 9th for a reason.
    Much of the space and time enjoyed by Noah was compliments of work done by Horford double teams drawn by Horford.
    both have great pedigree - don't get me wrong I like both. I think hustle defense guys who bring it every night are way under rated (#Tayshaun Prince)

Furthermore Howard and Camby are head and shoulders above Noah in terms of Defense... and lets not even talk about Noah's ability or lack-thereof to go get his own shot.

Back to the original point Raps got good value with Amir @ 5.5 he is not as good as Noah in some ways but he is not too far off.
    Horford going 3rd, and Noah going 9th was a huge shocker in 07. But yes, back to original topic :P

Amir isn't worth 5 mil a season IMO, but when you look at other contracts that were thrown out this summer then yes. Anyways he can't hurt, and 5 mil a year won't cripple our flexibility... I just hope he can just meet expectations (which I think he will) and bring energy and alley-oops that will help me watch games this year :P

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amir Expanding His Repertoire

We've heard Amir Johnson mention his work with assistant coach and Alex English this offseason and on Tuesday, he got a little more specific on his focus while with the Hall Of Famer in East L.A. during the summer.

"Just working on his turnaround jump shot he used to do," said Johnson. "Just keeping the ball up the same time."

While new weapons in his offensive arsenal were part of the plan, building his range was also a priority.

"We always did five shots a spot. Then I'd run full court, come back down, same spot and shoot it and just do it all on five spots on the floor... it was a lot of repetition."

English has been encouraged by what he's seen from the five-year pro.

"He's getting better every day," said English. "The more he plays and the more that he gets a chance to use it in the game, it's going to only build his confidence.

"I hope we can keep him healthy, keep him in the game, because he really worked hard on his perimeter game, as well as, just being more focused on the floor."

English, an eight-time NBA All-Star and the league's 13th all-time leading scorer,
    knows a thing or two about adding to his game.

"I remembered when I played, every summer, I would add a different kind of shot or I would get stronger or I would do a little bit more conditioning, so when I came back I had something different to add to my game on the floor and every player should do that," said English.

"That's what Amir did this summer, that's what Reggie (Evans) did this summer and that's going to be a plus for us."

Check out even more video from Tuesday's practice, including David Amber, Rowan Barrett and Sherman Hamilton reflecting back on training camp, Matt Devlin's one-one-ones with Julian Wright and Andrea Bargnani plus Devlin and Jack Armstrong looking ahead to the preseason opener against the Suns (can you say, 'Ball'?).
    My only comment is that for those who don't know English is also HOF class of 97.

Bargnani interview here
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Oct 6th, 2010 at 09:35 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, just to put it there for those who didn't know. Amir will be making 9 Million in his last year.

Thread Information