Nba 2k11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i play primarily My Player mode. 6'2" SG

I got drafted by the Heat... and they played me ALOT at SF. Requested a trade, they sent me to Philly... and i maybe get a minute or two a game at SF. but ya, defending lewis when you're a SG SUCKS.. i constantly got the "good shot defense" bonus, yet he hit EVERY jumper over me.

The only slider i ever change from the standard setting is rebounding. It's the one thing i find NBA games, regardless of which version or what year, never gets right.

Thaddeus Young is awesome in the game. When i'm itching for a triple-double he's my guaranteed assist guy. lou williams makes me want to break my controller though.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Only played with it a few times but in The Association mode's trade finder lands you some unbalanced trades.
      Ya, the computer isnt very "intelligent".. my team sent jrue holiday down to the d-league. friggin sasha vujacic was our backup PG for awhile

keep in mind, it's My Player mode... so i had no control over aquiring vujacic.... it really needs a "VETO TRADE" option

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Only played with it a few times but in The Association mode's trade finder lands you some unbalanced trades.
        Yeah. Thing is, even the unbalanced trades, you can't accept them all. Players get unhappy. For example if I get an offer for a 80 overall PF for a 70 overall SG and I already have Ed Davis, Aminu, Chandler and Young I won't do the trade. Anyways it is unbalanced, but kinda cool. Nice to have it there, although I don't use it.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
          i play primarily My Player mode. 6'2" SG

I got drafted by the Heat... and they played me ALOT at SF. Requested a trade, they sent me to Philly... and i maybe get a minute or two a game at SF. but ya, defending lewis when you're a SG SUCKS.. i constantly got the "good shot defense" bonus, yet he hit EVERY jumper over me.

The only slider i ever change from the standard setting is rebounding. It's the one thing i find NBA games, regardless of which version or what year, never gets right.

Thaddeus Young is awesome in the game. When i'm itching for a triple-double he's my guaranteed assist guy. lou williams makes me want to break my controller though.
          Yeah I don't get the SF thing. It's odd, especially when you get more minutes and instead of taking minutes off either Conley and Mayo (I'm on Memphis) they take minutes off Gay for me. I hate it. Defending is impossible. I wonder if you make a C, will they play him at SF? I chose 6'4 cause I can play SG and still get decent SP yet I can be a big PG which is real fun.

You should change the slider (for association) not manually but it's a pre-made one. You can swap between arcade and something else. It really changes a lot. I don't score 120 points a game anymore. Especially, with HOF level (which increases defense by CPU and makes shooting harder) and sliders for shooting at 45% you miss shots. Hitting every open shot is unrealistic...

I love Young. Funny how although he is higher rating than Davis and Kleiza, he doesn't start. And he's happy, yet Sonny Weems is unhappy and he's 61 overall. But his release is unstoppable, he can drive, spot up, dunk, rebound, defend. Most complete player in the game. He is my clutch shooter. He shoots around 60% and 50% from three. Never misses. He's very good off the bench.

Comment

I briefly played the association as the raptors, and i remember the same about weems. he was incredible offensively.. it's been a long long time since i touched that mode, but im pretty sure he was so good that i traded derozan and barbosa and picked up scrub 2s to play behind him

i play 9 minute quarters to keep the stats reasonable.. its a little much, about 45 min games... but i'd rather that then the 50 pt games you get when you play 5 min quarters.. at 9 minutes, the games usually end around 80-90 pts... 100-110 on a good game... 120ish if im going for a record... but those days are over... being a chucker isnt so fun

Played the celtics last night for the first time since i got traded to the 76ers. they quickly put a stop to my 22 game win streak. i dont think i hate any team more than them. it's like EVERY player is a clutch shooter. perk and big baby were hitting contested late game shots.

Other random things i noticed:

- Gerald Wallace looks like Admiral Akbar from Return of the Jedi
            - VC has the whiny pussy face he gets when he realizes he's outmatched and just coasts
            - in My Player, the computer fires coaches!

Comment

just arrived today, can't wait to play!
              Let's go Raptors!

Comment

teoserio wrote: View Post
                just arrived today, can't wait to play!
                ENJOY! It's the most fun i've had with an NBA game... and very close to the best sports game i've ever played..

Comment

Oh hey, was going to make a thread for this game, but apparently you guys were waaaay ahead of me.

Anybody still playing?? I quit for a while, but just started a season with the Bulls. They got some good players to trade away. haha

Comment

still play from time to time.. ive been neglecting my ps3 hardcore though... but when i play anything, its 2k11

Comment

When I am super bored I usually crack it open. Get really pissed at the rigged "Hall of Fame" A.I. and vow to never play it again.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
                        When I am super bored I usually crack it open. Get really pissed at the rigged "Hall of Fame" A.I. and vow to never play it again.
                        Hahah Oh I know the feeling all too well ...

"How did you know I was going to pass it there?! F%*K!!"

"NO WAY you could've gotten that steal?! F%&K!!"

"HOW DO I MISS THAT DUNK?! WTF$&K!?!"

"Just do a NORMAL LAYUP! F$&K!!"

Ya.. been there.

Comment

Other teams REALLY overvalue Bargs and Barbosa in this.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yeah, the trade finder option in Association mode really makes it easy to build a juggernaut. You can go into it looking to cap dump the likes of Calderon and end up with borderline all-stars by including spare parts.

Comment

I think the game is amazing overall, just don`t overplay it too much. Me and 3 buddies decided to do an online league, the only problem with that is there`s only 4 teams in the league. We did a fantasy draft so our teams are pretty stacked. Game 3 of the Finals goes tonight and I`m up 2-0. I`m hoping there`s a bit of a celebration for the winner!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                                I think the game is amazing overall, just don`t overplay it too much. Me and 3 buddies decided to do an online league, the only problem with that is there`s only 4 teams in the league. We did a fantasy draft so our teams are pretty stacked. Game 3 of the Finals goes tonight and I`m up 2-0. I`m hoping there`s a bit of a celebration for the winner!
                                I was thinking setting one of those up between some guys on here would be cool.
                                If you could actually get a full league. That'd be awesome.

But does it depend on what system you are playing on? I'm a PC gamer .. most guys are console gamer, I'd assume.

Comment

Working...
                                X