Hollinger's 2010-11 Raptors Player Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    That's odd, based on Bargnanis number's last year, his PER40 rebounding would be 7.08. So Hollinger is saying that Bargnani will actually become a worse rebounder. Don't think that's possible.
    PER40 18.5 points is also a bit low, I think

Comment

these numbers are obviously skewed, someone do the math and change these numbers to per playing time minutes instead of per 40 minutes
      http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

Yeah, I was reading the article, and I was shocked. Barbosa would have a higher PER than Bargs? And Bargs would have 18 and 6 per40? He has 17 and 6 in 34 last year, why would he get worse?

Comment

If Hollinger is going to be the ESPN Stats Guy and make projections there should be a disclaimer on the degree of confidence (or accuracy from previous years) in his numbers. Like +/- 1.2 PER. He was off on Bargs and DeRozan last year, if I recall correctly they both had +2 higher PER then Hollinger's season projections.

I hate guys that claim themselves to be experts and yet don't self evaluate themselves at the end of the season to report on how they did. They never make evaluation mistakes, the player always makes an unexpected leap, or who would have known ...

His stuff is usually BS, I'd prefer opinions from someone who actually watches the games.

Comment

PER is a meaningless irrelevant made up stat....in 2010 people should not be taking John Hollingers opinion seriously...

Comment

I will say this Hollinger has found his niche is projected stats even if I find them to be mostly a waste of time others don't- to each their own. I prefer real game time stats.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                I will say this Hollinger has found his niche is projected stats even if I find them to be mostly a waste of time others don't- to each their own. I prefer real game time stats.
                there are so many holes in his formula for that PER crap,it doesnt account for alot of things on the floor that you cant quantify....

Comment

Working...
                X