Technical Fouls Just Became More Painful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Fouls Just Became More Painful

Not really painful, but for the penny pinching players it might make them take a second thought.

The NBA has made the penalty for technical fouls twice as expensive this season and, in an attempt to mitigate complaining about calls, the league intends to have referees call technicals for overt gestures, such as punching the air in anger.

Players and coaches will be docked $2,000 for each of their first five technical fouls, $3,000 for the next five and $4,000 for Nos. 11-15. Starting at 16, players will be suspended one game for every two technicals, along with $5,000 for each.
    Source - Click here

WOW. Explains why Rasheed decided to retire. Don't know how the Celtics will manage in the play-offs. Actually, I don't know how any of the contending teams will manage. Seems a little extreme, especially as now you can get a technically for an "evil stare"...

Comment

Honestly, I think that this is just a ridiculous idea. Sure, it's annoying when so many NBA players are complaining about every little call, but they at least have to right to get talk about it with the refs. Basically these new rules are taking away the passion and emotion of Basketball. I'm pretty sure that you people already know that other fans of other sport call the NBA soft for the small fouls call, and honestly, I defended the NBA that it takes tough mentally and physically and that it isn't soft. But now, I'll have to agree. The NBA is soft! You can't even express the slightest emotion. You can't even raise your hand. It's just ridiculous!

Comment

Yup ... Jose's wallet just got a little lighter tonight too with his tech in the first half.

Comment

Damn man, now I know why Sheed quit. He would have only made it through a quarter of the season anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X