Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting Young Players To Watch?

Hi everyone,

My interest in the NBA really waned over the past 5-6 years, but I find that this year in particular I'm really excited about the upcoming season. The problem is that I have no clue about who has been drafted during that period that is worth watching (obviously, besides Durant). If you guys could name some young and upcoming players to watch, that would help me focus on a few teams this year so (a) I know which games to go to, and (b) I can start following a few teams more closely. Would really appreciate it!

Cheers.

Well, a team you should maybe consider following are the Raptors :P

It depends, if you just want to watch for fun and enjoyment go for fun teams like the Heat, Thunder, Blazers, maybe even Minnesota. Most teams have "exciting young players", so it's pretty hard to say who. For example we have DeRozan, Weems, Amir just to put three, and most teams have even more... Just watch what ever game comes up on the tv, and if you're enjoying the game, keep watching

Comment

Young Players to watch - off the top of my head

Blake Griffin - LA Clippers
      John Wall and Javale McGee - Washington Wizards
      Demarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans - Sacramento Kings
      Stephen Curry - Golden State Warriors
      Russell Westbrook and James Harden - Oklahoma City Thunder
      Rodrigue Beaubois (Maybe, depends if he stays healthy and can continue his streak from last year, but he heats up fast) - Dallas Mavericks
      Anthony Randolph - New York Knicks
      Brandon Jennings - Milwaukee Bucks
      Darren Collison - Indiana Pacers

I'm sure there's lots more, this is off the top of my head. But it's a start for you. Enjoy the year, welcome back to the game.

Comment

ImissDelfino wrote: View Post
        Blake Griffin - LA Clippers
        John Wall and Javale McGee - Washington Wizards
        Demarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans - Sacramento Kings
        Stephen Curry - Golden State Warriors
        Russell Westbrook and James Harden - Oklahoma City Thunder ?Durant?
        Rodrigue Beaubois (Maybe, depends if he stays healthy and can continue his streak from last year, but he heats up fast) - Dallas Mavericks
        Anthony Randolph - New York Knicks
        Brandon Jennings - Milwaukee Bucks
        Darren Collison - Indiana Pacers

I'm sure there's lots more, this is off the top of my head. But it's a start for you. Enjoy the year, welcome back to the game.
        ?

Comment

Cool. Thanks guys. I just picked up the Athlon and Sporting News preview editions so I'm kinda getting used to some names at least Exciting times!

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
            ?
            Use your words...

Comment

ImissDelfino wrote: View Post
              Use your words...
              HAHA. Um, isn't Durant young and exciting and on the Thunder? Oh wait, ooops my bad, he said other than Durant. My bad. :P

Anyways I'll just add to your list.

Jrue Holliday, Thadeus Young, Turner - 76ers
              James Johnson, Taj Gibson, Rose - Bulls

And many young players deep into depth chart are, like when Bill Walker was in Boston no one knew he was a high flying maniac. Now in NY, he just dunks over everything.

Comment

Don't focus on players but rather focus on teams that play an exciting type of basketball and you will find your players there.

Comment

Anthony Randolph,Javale McGee,John Wall,Blake Griffin,Michael Beasley(YEP)

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                    Anthony Randolph,Javale McGee,John Wall,Blake Griffin,Michael Beasley(YEP)
                    Most of those were mentioned. I hope you're right about Beasley. The guy's too talented to just be an underachieving head case. There's been enough of those over the years.

Comment

Jeremy Lin.

He's probably the best Chinese guard prospect atm.

Comment

I'd have to say Kurt Thomas (Bulls), Theo Ratliff (Lakers), Grant Hill (Suns) and Michael Finley (Spurs) are all exciting young players with bright futures in the league.

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
                          I'd have to say Kurt Thomas (Bulls), Theo Ratliff (Lakers), Grant Hill (Suns) and Michael Finley (Spurs) are all exciting young players with bright futures in the league.
                          Hahahaha. You forgot Shaquille O'Neal. He's a spry young lad.

Comment

Working...
                          X