Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Bosh's First game at the ACC in a Heat Jersey

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bosh's First game at the ACC in a Heat Jersey

    What do you guys think will happen when Bosh plays his first game in the ACC in a Heat's Jersey?

    Will the fans give him an ovation?

    Will he kiss the Raps logo like what Iverson and Garnett did?

    Will he shake hands with Triano and BC after the game?

    I hope...The fans give him an ovation during introductions but boo him throughout the game, he stands in the middle of the court and acknowledge the fans instead of kissing the logo, and shake hands with Triano and BC and bury the hatchet so to speak.

    I think a Demar dunk over him and a block on him by Bargs will definitely blow the ACC roof off.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He'll get booed. Not because he left , but because of how he did it. Anyone who admits to playing with the emotions of the fans , is an idiot. I hope Bosh and his undeserved ego have fun in Miami.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    I think a Demar dunk over him and a block on him by Bargs will definitely blow the ACC roof off.
    This would be awesome, I would like to see CB vs Amir too, Amir could introduce him to the young gunners

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rg1990 wrote: View Post
    He'll get booed. Not because he left , but because of how he did it. Anyone who admits to playing with the emotions of the fans , is an idiot. I hope Bosh and his undeserved ego have fun in Miami.
    +1
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rg1990 wrote: View Post
    He'll get booed. Not because he left , but because of how he did it. Anyone who admits to playing with the emotions of the fans , is an idiot. I hope Bosh and his undeserved ego have fun in Miami.
    Yup! It's really a shame because Bosh had this city rooting for him whether he stayed or went prior to "twittergate".
    For contrast just look at how Halladay handled the same situation... With class and respect.

    Not only are Toronto fans going to give Doc a standing ovation when he returns, we want him and the Phillies to win the World Series.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote photoman wrote: View Post
    Yup! It's really a shame because Bosh had this city rooting for him whether he stayed or went prior to "twittergate".
    For contrast just look at how Halladay handled the same situation... With class and respect.

    Not only are Toronto fans going to give Doc a standing ovation when he returns, we want him and the Phillies to win the World Series.
    Well...yeah I'm sure most Jays fans would like to see Roy win a WS ring. However if he does there is a chance that his 12 years in Toronto are forgotten. 12 years of not making the postseason , going to Philly one year, throwing a perfect game and then having his name in the history books by winning a ring...it would all seem like a big middle finger to Jays fans. We also traded Brett Wallace for a guy who won't be ready for years and Drabek won't be good for a while. So what? Anyways on a side note not sure I want the Phillies to win. To me they are the Yankees of the NL and I'm not a Yankee lover shall I say. Didn't mean to turn this into a baseball discussion

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie noxleno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Greater Sudbury, ON
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    I think a Demar dunk over him and a block on him by Bargs will definitely blow the ACC roof off.
    I'd love nothing more than to see DeRozan "Paul Pierce" Bosh's ass.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    On the other hand.... I'm do friggin psyched to see some Raps ball again tonight

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rg1990 wrote: View Post
    Well...yeah I'm sure most Jays fans would like to see Roy win a WS ring. However if he does there is a chance that his 12 years in Toronto are forgotten. 12 years of not making the postseason , going to Philly one year, throwing a perfect game and then having his name in the history books by winning a ring...it would all seem like a big middle finger to Jays fans. We also traded Brett Wallace for a guy who won't be ready for years and Drabek won't be good for a while. So what? Anyways on a side note not sure I want the Phillies to win. To me they are the Yankees of the NL and I'm not a Yankee lover shall I say. Didn't mean to turn this into a baseball discussion
    Just the fact the he truly gave his best years to Toronto and left with class is more than enough for me to root for him outside of Toronto. Plus I was a Phillies fan before because of Ryan Howard. I'm certainly rooting for them.

    As for Bosh, yeah I might've gave him a clap if he hadn't left like a prick. I don't feel he deserves it, especially after leaving the team hanging in the most important part of the season.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    seriously? he was the heart and soul of this franchise for 7 full seasons, played his heart out every night, never complained a day while he was here. and yall going to forget about all of that because of 2 weeks of twitter and a bit of self promotion. sure it was classless, but the last 7 years certainly were not. ill cheer during the intros, and boo thoughout the game, like i do for every raptors opponent. If the ACC boos bosh from the get-go, thats going to show the world that toronto no class whatsoever.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not going to boo him, unless he causes some crap on the court (e.g Claps sarcastically when Miami blows us out. Get's a double technical for hitting Bargs after he got blocked by him. etc...) Kinda hope he does something to give us a reason to actually boo him, but I'm just happy we can finally enjoy a game, Miami will be fun to watch :P kidding btw, or am I? :P

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rg1990,
    I don't think one season in Philly will erase Doc's time with the Jays. Remember guys like Winfield, Molitor etc. Despite winning their only Championships with the Jays they are mostly remembered for their careers as a Yankee and Brewer respectively

    Your mom,
    Interesting that you have Wince as your avatar.
    No one is diminishing Bosh's seven years here. But the reality is that most fans were indifferent to him leaving. In a sense it was headed for a mutual separation. But his idiotic actions pissed off fans. Now you won't see years of vitriol towards Bosh as Wince endures... But you better believe he'll get a mixed reception this year.

    Beauty of a free country eh?!

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope he get applauded for what he did here.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote photoman wrote: View Post
    Rg1990,
    I don't think one season in Philly will erase Doc's time with the Jays. Remember guys like Winfield, Molitor etc. Despite winning their only Championships with the Jays they are mostly remembered for their careers as a Yankee and Brewer respectively

    Your mom,
    Interesting that you have Wince as your avatar.
    No one is diminishing Bosh's seven years here. But the reality is that most fans were indifferent to him leaving. In a sense it was headed for a mutual separation. But his idiotic actions pissed off fans. Now you won't see years of vitriol towards Bosh as Wince endures... But you better believe he'll get a mixed reception this year.

    Beauty of a free country eh?!
    Without Vince, this franchise would have moved to a US city by now and you'd be cheering for nobody.

    And the reactions should be mixed because we all have differing opinions on the subject. Regardless im still gonna do what i said i would above.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default CBFraud

    If he does that stupid flex and yell after another "basic easy dunk for a 7 footer" when he plays us im gonna boo the sh*t outta him. He did that for every easy basket the other night in the exhibition game, the dude is a big fraud...trying to be someone he clearly isnt.
    I hope Reggie gives him a big slap in the ass when we play them.....lol

    also..years from now Bosh wont even be spoken of in Raptors history, cuz he didnt do sh*t other than get his points, he never made the team any better or ppl around him better....Vince will still be spoken of years after ppl say CB who???...For all the foolishness VC did, he put us on the worldwide map and that gives him a get out of jail card imo.

    just an opinion b*tches, not gospel.
    Last edited by RikkJames; Thu Oct 7th, 2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: add more.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    Without Vince, this franchise would have moved to a US city by now and you'd be cheering for nobody.

    And the reactions should be mixed because we all have differing opinions on the subject. Regardless im still gonna do what i said i would above.
    Its true that VC put the Raps "on the map"... However I disagree that without him the franchise would have moved.

    I won't be booing Bosh either but he's lost a ton of respect from the fans, myself included.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RikkJames wrote: View Post
    If he does that stupid flex and yell after another "basic easy dunk for a 7 footer" when he plays us im gonna boo the sh*t outta him. He did that for every easy basket the other night in the exhibition game, the dude is a big fraud...trying to be someone he clearly isnt.
    I hope Reggie gives him a big slap in the ass when we play them.....lol

    also..years from now Bosh wont even be spoken of in Raptors history, cuz he didnt do sh*t other than get his points, he never made the team any better or ppl around him better....Vince will still be spoken of years after ppl say CB who???...For all the foolishness VC did, he put us on the worldwide map and that gives him a get out of jail card imo.

    just an opinion b*tches, not gospel.
    i thought it was absolutely hilarious everytime he did that, i mean for gods sakes, its a pre-season game. even lebron was so amped up, spinning and dunking over everybody. at least the raps clobbered the suns with their shooting, and not trying to overdo the game

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bosh is the second best Raptor, a 5 time All Star, in TO's history only behind VC.

    Folks should respect the 7 years he gave TO, heck CB re-signed once before with BC ie fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me, I don't believe he was about to make the same mistake twice.

    That being said I think there will be a splash of cheers and boos but more cheers than boos in my mind. It'll be interesting to watch how the fan reaction unfolds.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He deserves to be booed and hopefully he tears his ACL on a meaningless dunk...He lacks class, respect and is full of ignorance towards this franchise, the city and especially the fans who cheered their hearts out even after he checked out after the all-star break. All fans who chant VC sucks should double their enthusiasm in chanting CB sucks every time that disrespectful and disgraceful sidekick touches the ball.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Bosh is the second best Raptor, a 5 time All Star, in TO's history only behind VC.

    Folks should respect the 7 years he gave TO, heck CB re-signed once before with BC ie fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me, I don't believe he was about to make the same mistake twice.

    That being said I think there will be a splash of cheers and boos but more cheers than boos in my mind. It'll be interesting to watch how the fan reaction unfolds.
    +1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •