Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Charlotte PG Woes Exposed Last Night

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Charlotte PG Woes Exposed Last Night

    http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...injection.html

    Livingston having pain in the knee that had the most disgusting injury I've ever seen outside of football.

    Augustine had a great game last night - for a SG.

    Crittenton is a very good third string, not too sure about backup, definitely not starter.

    Collins is out of shape, supposedly, and recovering from injury.

    Diaw (4) and Thomas (3) led the team in assists in first pre-season game.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301005005

    I wonder if MJ hears BC whispering "Caaaaalderon" late at night.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie AllenL2R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What would we at this point want from the Bobcats?

  3. #3
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Diaw is one player. Based on all the rumors Colangelo wants Diaw.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Calderon for Diaw and a pick sounds good enough to me. Diaw is on his final year right?

  5. #5
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I believe he has one more year after this one.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I believe he has one more year after this one.
    Thanks! But still better than Calderon's contract, and we get a pick.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie AllenL2R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wouldn't want Diaw because we have enough power forwards as it is, and I don't think he can play the 3.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote AllenL2R wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't want Diaw because we have enough power forwards as it is, and I don't think he can play the 3.
    It's mainly a cap-relief trade, and also we get a pick and picks are vital for a team at our stage, look what it did for Portland and Seattle/Oklahoma. Diaw won't kill us, he'll help off the bench.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah I am finding conflicting information about Diaw's contract length - If he's expiring I'd do it if their second rounder was included (or even better their mid-first rounder) but if he's only 1 year less than Jose, it's hardly worth it since Jose can actually be a functional rotation player and split PG minutes with Jack where as Diaw would just steal minutes from our younger guys...
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Edgar wrote: View Post
    Yeah I am finding conflicting information about Diaw's contract length - If he's expiring I'd do it if their second rounder was included (or even better their mid-first rounder) but if he's only 1 year less than Jose, it's hardly worth it since Jose can actually be a functional rotation player and split PG minutes with Jack where as Diaw would just steal minutes from our younger guys...
    It's still a year less, it gives us more flexibility. Plus, next year IF we can have a high draft pick and take Kyrie we'll have three point guards making roughly 20 million combined.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote AllenL2R wrote: View Post
    What would we at this point want from the Bobcats?
    I'd take this trade:

    Calderon and Anderson for Diaw and DJ Augustine

    The money is almost perfect and DJ is being labeled a bust @ 22 y/o but at that age I'd roll the dice on him considering we'd be no worse if the experiment failed...
    Last edited by Edgar; Thu Oct 7th, 2010 at 04:38 PM.
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can see Calderon for Diaw straight up as BC, according to media reports that I have read, wants to pair Diaw w/ Barbosa (so Barbosa can guard pg's on D while Diaw controls the ball on O) plus both teams seem to be showcasing each player as early pre season starters. I can't see Charlotte not starting a healthy Tyrus after re-signing him. Time will tell...

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wanted the Calderon/Diaw every day throughout the summer, but now its a wait and see. Before BC messes with the roster, we need to see what kind of team we have. I'd do that trade at the deadline if Toronto was out of the playoff race and that's it.

    Also, I'm not a fan of bumping anybody off the roster for a 35 year old Dampier at this point.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was .... until I seen Dorsey play last night.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Edgar wrote: View Post
    Yeah I am finding conflicting information about Diaw's contract length - If he's expiring I'd do it if their second rounder was included (or even better their mid-first rounder) but if he's only 1 year less than Jose, it's hardly worth it since Jose can actually be a functional rotation player and split PG minutes with Jack where as Diaw would just steal minutes from our younger guys...
    He has 2 years left at $9M per season. However, 2011-12 is a player option.

    Barbosa is in the same point - $7.1M this season, $7.6M next but is a player option.

    With a hard cap most definitely coming, I can see BC saying to both 4yr/$20M each. At 28 and 29 years of age, it might not be a bad move for them longer term despite giving up some money next year.

    A lockout makes all this idle jibberish though.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He has 2 years left at $9M per season. However, 2011-12 is a player option.

    Barbosa is in the same point - $7.1M this season, $7.6M next but is a player option.

    With a hard cap most definitely coming, I can see BC saying to both 4yr/$20M each. At 28 and 29 years of age, it might not be a bad move for them longer term despite giving up some money next year.

    A lockout makes all this idle jibberish though.
    I think that's not allowed by Stern. But SA pulled it off.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I tend to agree to the "let's wait and see what we have" approach. We definetly don't need Diaw right now, and we still don't know if Diaw contract is better than keeping Calderon.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pistol pete wrote: View Post
    I tend to agree to the "let's wait and see what we have" approach. We definetly don't need Diaw right now, and we still don't know if Diaw contract is better than keeping Calderon.
    I would trade Calderon in a heartbeat straight up for Diaw - as I've typed many times before. Maybe if CHA gets really desparate they might throw in a second round pick.

    From a basketball perspective, having a second unit with Diaw and Barbosa would create many match up problems. Diaw is extremely versatile on offense and used to be on defense, if he got his weight down I'm sure he would again. At Barbosa's best he averaged around 4 assists a game, same with Diaw. That is good second unit production from the play makers, albeit combined.

    From a financial perspective, Calderon at 3 years and 9/9.8/10.6. Diaw has 1 year at 9M and a player option of 1 year at 9M.

    From a health perspective, Calderon has missed 26 games the last 2 seasons and 32 games the last 4. Diaw has missed 2 games in 4 seasons.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I would trade Calderon in a heartbeat straight up for Diaw - as I've typed many times before. Maybe if CHA gets really desparate they might throw in a second round pick.

    From a basketball perspective, having a second unit with Diaw and Barbosa would create many match up problems. Diaw is extremely versatile on offense and used to be on defense, if he got his weight down I'm sure he would again. At Barbosa's best he averaged around 4 assists a game, same with Diaw. That is good second unit production from the play makers, albeit combined.

    From a financial perspective, Calderon at 3 years and 9/9.8/10.6. Diaw has 1 year at 9M and a player option of 1 year at 9M.

    From a health perspective, Calderon has missed 26 games the last 2 seasons and 32 games the last 4. Diaw has missed 2 games in 4 seasons.
    Well said.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You guys would settle for Diaw to save about $11.4M? I say we let Jose play it out. If he really is as bad as Diaw this season, then you pull the trade to save $.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •