Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose or Jarrett: Who Would You Start At PG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose or Jarrett: Who Would You Start At PG?

Who would you start at point guard for the Raptors in 2010-11?

Me, myself, I would start Jack just because he seems to be able to create shots for others, gets to the rim more efficiently & plays pressure D better than Jose. Plus Jose seems to play better within the second unit going against other team's back up point guards. Btw-both are ideally back up NBA point guards in my mind.
    Calderon
    43.33%
    Jack
    56.67%

The poll is expired.

Where is the third option? I am a huge Jack supporter, but I am not giving up on Calderon. If these players can share the minutes and be effective, it doesn't matter.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      Where is the third option? I am a huge Jack supporter, but I am not giving up on Calderon. If these players can share the minutes and be effective, it doesn't matter.
      What would you suggest since only one of them can start?

Comment

I think they should stop talking about it in the Media like in the past and just say "Minutes = Effort + Production" and let them challenge each other for minutes just like all the other positions. If they let it become an issue it's because the team and/or Media makes it one. I think these two guys know they're splitting minutes 60/40 at the most and as long as the coaches keep by their mantra of Effort + Defense, they will both be fine with it.
        When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

I prefer Jack's game, a lot, however I also would like them both to stay. Who should start who cares? They shouldn't. Share the minutes, stay fresh and reduce fatigue injuries to lengthen your career. Triano's point about the speed with Jack, Barbosa and Weems together is nice but that means to me Jose starts as I do not see Weems over Kleiza, and I doubt they start Barbosa over DD.

Comment

My take is that in pre-season the Raps are going to be showcasing Jose for a trade. Very rarely does a player remain with the team after such a public show of a trade nearly consummated. To Jose's credit he seems to be rolling with the events. But I think he will be an exRap sometime in-season or before. That said this is a different team and coached approach from last year. If last night's game is a peek-into-the-future of style then JJ was great with the fast boyz in the second unit and would be more valuable coming off the bench. Who plays more should really be decided based on matchups on any given night.

Comment

I'd like to see Calderon take the reigns. He's the better play maker and shooter in my opinion. I love Jack's locker room leadership, but Calderon is the one who is going to get this team going offensively.

On the defensive end Jack is obviously more qualified, but most quicker guards are going to blow by Jack, as well. He's not a lock down defender and neither is Calderon, but Calderon has proved he can run a team efficiently, so I give my vote to him.

Comment

In the summer, I said Calderon (In my first ever thread I started :')) but now I'm leaning towards starting Jack, not only because of the injury, but also because I've started to like Jack a lot more. Better player now, younger and has a thing with Weems and DD

Comment

Jose is deffinatly the better guard and should start.

Comment

I have nothing against Calderon except his contract.

I would start Jose and hope he plays well enough to get a team to trade for him.

Jack starts rest of year after trade.

Hopefully next year we get a bonafide NBA starting PG through draft or trade.

Comment

IMO Jose and Andrea don't gel. So if Bargs starts, I want Jose off the bench, and vice versa. And from JT's words, it looks like Bargnani starts no matter what so...

Neither of the two are good enough to be starting PGs in the league.

Comment

Jose is the starter PG .... even for those who wants him out, starting Jose will increase his trading value and is not like starting Jack is going to make a significant difference for the incoming season!

Comment

Cant start Calderon unless he scores alot more and his D doesnt completely kill you defensively (which you know it will)

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                            Cant start Calderon unless he scores alot more and his D doesnt completely kill you defensively (which you know it will)
                            Depsite his contract Jose is best suited to be a back up and play limited minutes off the bench against the other team's back up pg. BC may decide to showcase Jose as a starter but that could cause friction in the locker room if Jack out plays him.

Comment

re:

Hmmmm......let's see. so far Jack leads Calderon in points, steals, defense, free throw attempts, getting into the paint, shooting percentage, 3-point percentage, rebounds, etc, and Calderon has a small (.5 per game) lead in assists. Why does Calderon get the benefit of the doubt all the time when he is playing poorly? Why is this even a discussion? Jack outplays him as a starter whenever he is given a chance, and even outplays him as a back-up. Jose is not a starting-caliber guard in this league. Period. Jack is no Rondo or Paul, but he is better, tougher, more durable, and more of a leader.

Comment

Working...
                              X