Bosh and Bargnani admit that the team sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh and Bargnani admit that the team sucks

Check out the body language and the tone of these interviews. It's like they've resigned to the fact that the team is terrible.

Bosh:
    "We make adjustments to teams before we play the game. That's sending the wrong message to ourselves. We practice this all the time, we should trust our system...We’re all over the place right now, guys don’t know what they’re doing, we’re not talking on defense. We got to know what we’re doing first of all and then do what we’re supposed to do with intensity."
    Bargnani:

"There’s not much to say, they’re a better team than we are and they won the game. It’s pretty simple. Our defense has problems, I think it’s pretty clear.”

I know this sounds bad, but Bosh's reaction is what I care more about. I've come the grips that the European players play and reacted stone faced all the time. (little to no emotion at all) So I take Bargnani's body language with a grain of salt.

Comment

Gosh, I freakin hate this team. Now, I understand why these guys lose all the time. They are losers. Gosh, I made a crap decision. Loser coach, loser players besides me, and an aloof attitude towards the games. What a difference from where I came from.

Comment

Actually I think this is positive. They see the problems, that's the first step. The next step is fixing the problems. Without recognizing the issues, due to whatever character flaws, you can't work towards fixing it. Glad to see two key guys recognizing it. Now let's see them fix it!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Actually I think this is positive. They see the problems, that's the first step. The next step is fixing the problems. Without recognizing the issues, due to whatever character flaws, you can't work towards fixing it. Glad to see two key guys recognizing it. Now let's see them fix it!
          I think Bargnani is hinting at the coaching strategies being flawed and Bosh is unsure whether even Triano believes in his system. Watch the whole clip, he's talking about Triano changing the game plan too much and it confusing everybody.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            Check out the body language and the tone of these interviews. It's like they've resigned to the fact that the team is terrible.

Bosh:

Bargnani:
            Ya this team obviously has some Issues in their front court. Theyre lack of cohesiveness means theres a lack of chemistry. To me it seems like Bosh is frustrated with Bargnani and Bargnani is frustrated with Bosh. Bosh isnt the greatest defender and Bargnani isnt either. Theres no defensive-offensive combination there.They are just both offensive players, and Turkoglu is too! Colangelo seems to be very offensive minded. In how he picks his players and I also think he has some sick fascination with Bargnani lol

Comment

I think Bargnani is hinting at the coaching strategies being flawed and Bosh is unsure whether even Triano believes in his system. Watch the whole clip, he's talking about Triano changing the game plan too much and it confusing everybody.
              What a mess. Wasn't one of the reasons for firing Sam and promoting Triano because Bargnani felt more comfortable with him and didn't have him on a "tight leash"? Clearly a better relationship with the coach hasn't effected Bargnani's game in any (positive) way...

Also, if Bosh is unsure about Triano's system- that's very troubling because I'm not sure Colangelo will fire Triano. Obviously I don't know Colangelo's psyche or what is going through his head but I get the impression that he'd rather keep Triano/Bargs than Bosh. Hopefully I'm wrong because it will be very hard to replace someone like Bosh, but much easier to replace the incompetence of Triano or the inconsistency of Bargnani.

Comment

Karl wrote: View Post
                Colangelo seems to be very offensive minded. In how he picks his players and I also think he has some sick fascination with Bargnani lol
                +1

Comment

Karl wrote: View Post
                  Ya this team obviously has some Issues in their front court. Theyre lack of cohesiveness means theres a lack of chemistry. To me it seems like Bosh is frustrated with Bargnani and Bargnani is frustrated with Bosh. Bosh isnt the greatest defender and Bargnani isnt either. Theres no defensive-offensive combination there.They are just both offensive players, and Turkoglu is too! Colangelo seems to be very offensive minded. In how he picks his players and I also think he has some sick fascination with Bargnani lol
                  I don't think it's a fascination as much as being forced to back the horse you picked. Colangelo wants to make sure Bargnani has every chance to succeed so that he doesn't look like a clown for picking him. In his defense, he asked us to judge Bargnani 5 years after he was drafted and it's year 4, so technically we have to give him one more year after this. Whether we have the patience for that is another matter.

Comment

Bosh:

Bargnani:
                    Oh come on, Arse.

Let me guess -- If I had told you "I am really bored" and put my head down and stared at my feet, would you then infer that I was suicidal?
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Thank god. Hopefully this ignites the team (I doubt it) and we win some games. Maybe this means that Bosh will actually grow a pair and show it during games. Doing things like getting in his teammates faces for fucking up
                      Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

andrea was visible frustrated by the defense and the lack of system .
                        it's pretty clear the raps have no clue what to do on defense...
                        i saw it was the gameplan to cheat off lewis to help double howard, we got burned instantly twice with lewis hitting the uncontested 3's ,
                        then they wanted andrea to go and defend on perimeter ...
                        they have no steady gameplan ,the defensive plan switched in the middle of the first quarter and then they started giving up easy lay ups and ally-oops
                        and they switched on everything ! how many fouls did jack ,derozan ,weems, hedo take against howard, lots

Comment

I think Bargs has just been listening to recent Bosh interviews and was trying to fit in!
                          The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
                          X