Suns Hope Hedo Turkoglu's Slow Start Is Nothing to Worry About

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suns Hope Hedo Turkoglu's Slow Start Is Nothing to Worry About

I know this shouldn't be Raptor related, but considering the damage Hedo did here last season I figure I'd let this one slide.

I love it. I hope he continues to struggle in Phoenix too. I feel bad for Nash because he's one of my favourite players, but happy to hear that Hedo is generating the same negative buzz as he did here in Toronto last season.

What hasn't been fun for Turkoglu in his short time in Phoenix is his fit, or lack thereof, in the team's offense. Specifically, Hedo is struggling to make shots at an almost embarrassing clip through his first three exhibition games with the Suns.

Turkoglu's average for minutes played this preseason is at 21.3 per game, only slightly below his career average of 23.4. Yet his scoring and shooting statistics are way off, with Hedo managing to connect on just 4 of his 21 shots from the field, and only one of his eight three-point attempts. If you're more into the percentages than the raw numbers, that's a horrific field goal percentage of 19, and a dismal three-point shooting percentage of just 12.5.

Remember, this is the Phoenix Suns. Turkoglu isn't being asked to create shots on his own, or put the ball on the floor against a defense keyed on stopping him. This is a team built on speed, getting out in transition, and run at the point by one of the very best in the game. Shots should be wide-open and easy to come by on this team, but for some reason, Turkoglu has been unable to find his touch.
    Source - Click here

lol, I still don't get why they wanted him. He is a terrible fit there.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
      Couldn`t agree more... Arguably the best PG in the league on his team, whom also needs the ball in his hands in order to thrive in Nash. What did they think Hedo`nt is gonna bring em...

Comment

Phoenix Suns: Where BC magic happens
        What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

BC's Best Work

BC is a good case study for what is wrong with sport in this city. When he does stupid things, we praise him, like signing JO or HeDon't. Then, he dumps them and interest drops. I am more interested in the Raps now than anytime in recent memory. Please BC, let Alabi play and suck and learn and lose. No Dampier. No more HeDon'ts. Turning him into something and dumping that contract was huge.

Hedo may have a good year, yet. Anthing short of league MVP and dumping his contract was the best deal of the year.

Comment

Agreed. Let Alabi play significant minutes. Should of tried him up against the O'Neils. Also, give Wright some confident minutes and let him find his rhythm. Also, get Davis into the rotation a.s.a.p. Also, let Banks backup Jack and attempt to trade Jose and Andrea for a Taj Gibson + Ronnie Brewer (+ TPE) or Devin Harris + Travis Outlaw (+TPE) or Paul Millsap + Al Jefferson (+TPE) or any such scenario.

There's no future for the Raps with either AB or JC. They both have had their chance to make their mark. (and came up short) They are the remaining players who were on the floor when Kobe scored 81pts. Too much bad karma. The Raps need a completely new makeover. The fans obviously want it. Both have tried our patience too far and it's time to change. Make it happen BC or you should go with them.

Comment

agreed, except Bargnani wasn't playing for the raptors the game Kobe scored 81.

Comment

Ahh...Andrea and Jose. The moment they leave (maybe BC too), is the REAL moment I'd say we've "moved on" and started anew. What's with this "re-tooling" crap. How can you re-tool when you weren't even sure what kind of "tools" you had to begin with.

This team is all about potential, and the ones who've been here for a while have already shown they aren't good enough.

Comment

I got a message for the Pheonix Suns:

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                    you could end the sentence with "he is terrible".

Dude wanted one more big money contract and got it last summer - now he could care less.
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                      you could end the sentence with "he is terrible".

Dude wanted one more big money contract and got it last summer - now he could care less.
                      I really do believe that because of his contract, and since he signed it, he has become less interested in working out during the offseason and working on his game, its like he just won the lottery and now he can just sit down and enjoy his 50 million. Dude had bad work ethic to begin with, giving him money wasn't going to help.

He is just those type of people....

Comment

Turk needs Superman II aka DHoward.........asap.....

Comment

Little Hedo is tired from playing all those games for mother Turkey.
                          I feel bad for Nash. Stuck with this p.o.s. in the last years of his career.
                          Hedo will not last there. They'll move him and take the hit.

Comment

Coming out of Orlando, Hedouche was a good signing by Bryan. Then he imploded in several ways last season none of which were Bryan or Jay's fault but rather his lack of heart, discipline and motivation. To compensate for that, Bryan made the best trade availbable for him and it appears to be working out in our favour. It's still too early in the PRESEASON to make the final judgement but at the very least we shouldn't have those same issues with Barbosa.

Comment

so glad they dumped him this summer - getting barbosa's scoring is a nice little bonus.

Moving Calderon would have been nice but if healthy he can run an offense and hit outside - but dumping HEDORK became the best off-season move hands down...
                              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                              X