Bargs Needs a Big Man Coach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargs Needs a Big Man Coach!

I just saw a video of Olajuwon schooling D12 on being a big man, in the video they mentioned that Olajuwon made a living with his quickness and speed. Coincidentally our big man bargnani was drafted mainly because he's got above average speed and quickness, add the two together, all the sudden Olajuwon seems like the perfect big man coach to teach our boy a move or two.

all he need are some balls......

If he want to be a freakin leader or contribute to the team... he needs to demand the ball and try to create his own shots ...this is the preseason...make some mistake

Comment

I will say it a thousand times until it happens. Bargnani and Jose are the last holdouts from Kobe's 81pt game. Somebody should of broken his ankles or squared him in the groin long before 80. (Reggie would have) The cojoneless karma from that game has infected the Raps ever since and will continue until every player from that group is purged from the roster. It's time for AB and JC to go.

Comment

I will add....before the cojoneless karma begins to ruin this current group.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
          I will say it a thousand times until it happens. Bargnani and Jose are the last holdouts from Kobe's 81pt game.
          Kobe's 81pt game was on January 22, 2006, Bargs was drafted on June 28, 2006.

Comment

Bargs has been coached by "big men coaches" before and has shown improvement in terms of his post play. The issue I see is that he rarely posts up and that is either a problem with him not wanting to play inside or an issue with the coaches not making him go do it. I used to think it was a system issue but I'm beginning to expect Bargs simply doesn't want to. There is one thing that I'd like to see the Raps bring in in terms of helping Bargs and that's adding a big low post defending center for him to practice playing against. There is no one on this team that is even remotely close to having the sort of size opposing centers do and I think that someone like Dampier would be great in terms of improving Bargs low post game. You basically have the two of them come in with with a coach and have Bargs get his seal and put a move on Damp until he's able to do it consistently.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Umm, please re-title the thread to "Bargs needs to be a big man".
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Andrea could use help in a few departments at this point. It's early in the year, true, I've heard that today in a few of these Bargs-related posts, but did you get to see any of last season??
                I won't say he absolutely "can't" do "it"... whatever it is that will make him better... but there are more than a few fundamental issues with his game still and this is probably the "nicest" way of saying it.

Comment

How about Jack Sikma????

Comment

bigmanshaq wrote: View Post
                    I just saw a video of Olajuwon schooling D12 on being a big man, in the video they mentioned that Olajuwon made a living with his quickness and speed. Coincidentally our big man bargnani was drafted mainly because he's got above average speed and quickness, add the two together, all the sudden Olajuwon seems like the perfect big man coach to teach our boy a move or two.

I watched the video which brings me to the question - how much money and time will it take from the Raptors and specifically Bargnani(if he really has the passion to be a good big man) to get Hakeem Olajuwon as a big man coach and why has it not been done already?(He is even a former Raptors player). Two coaches the Raps need:-
                    1.A big man coach
                    2.A shooting coach
                    'Nuff said.

Comment

forget barg, alabi is the one that needs the training

Comment

Bargnani isn't a traditional centre. They're just slotting him to be the 5 right now because there's no better option. Why do you think Colangelo is going hard after Dampier and was looking into acquiring Chandler. He doesn't need a big man coach. The guy spent a few off-seasons at Pete Newell's bigman camp. Once the Raps do get a traditional 5, Bargnani will be moved back to the 4, where he belongs.

Comment

bigmanshaq wrote: View Post
                          nice vid.

Interesting D12 is a top defender who has had to work on creating - Bargs is supposed to be this mobile big man mismatch.
                          But after seeing bargs short-comings I am convinced it is not that he does not have/get enough coaching.

dude lacks effort and concentration to execute consistently over long haul of season. Its more about desire - he lacks it.
                          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

^^
                            Wishful thinking to believe that moving Bargs to the 4 magically solves his motivation and awareness issues. The "Is Andrea a 4 or 5?" question has been discussed in depth on here, and most agree that Andrea is best suited as a 5 because that's the position he guards best. On offense, position doesn't matter (which is why people are getting concerned - although it is only preseason). Tim W. made a nice summary of 4/5 discussion inanother thread.

Andrea needs a shrink more than anything else, like a brain transplant from Oakley.

Comment

They should hire Oak, teach all the big men to be tough and smart.

Comment

Working...
                              X