Why Didn't Alabi Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Didn't Alabi Play?

I know we picked him as a second rounder but Alabi was projected to go top 20 in the draft and I really don't get why he didn't get on the court against the Celtics. Anderson got 22 minutes and Bargs got 26 and I think 10-15 of those should have been given to Alabi. He may not ever develop into a great player but he definitely won't if you don't even give him time in pre-season.
    His looking lost on offense aside, he is a guy that averaged almost 2.5 blocks per game at center and has the potential to be a Marcus Camby type player in 5 years and we NEED to develop that.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

This might be Triano's tougher stance on the team this season. Meaning shortening up his lineup alot more than in past seasons. Alabi is D-League bound. He can develop down there for this year and be brought up at the end of the season for the last 10 games or so assuming we're already out of a playoff spot to gain his NBA experience. The kid is waaaaay too raw to have an impact on this team this season.

Comment

Yeah, but these are the games that "don't mean anything". That to me is wack, in itself, because it looks to me that teams aren't playing softly. They're going hard, so I don't follow bandwagons that say the games mean shit because those games craft starting lineups and playing time from a coach's perspective. Alabi needs to be thrown in. DeMar was raw, too.
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        This might be Triano's tougher stance on the team this season. Meaning shortening up his lineup alot more than in past seasons. Alabi is D-League bound. He can develop down there for this year and be brought up at the end of the season for the last 10 games or so assuming we're already out of a playoff spot to gain his NBA experience. The kid is waaaaay too raw to have an impact on this team this season.
        Beg to differ, Doc. It's well known that the D League is not a centres league. Players like Pape Sow go down and tear up the league, because they're men against boys. Alabi would learn NOTHING there. Then again, it's not like he's going up against top-notch centres at Raps practices. Actually, the best thing for him would be to spend a year in the Euro League and play against big men over there. I'm not sure if there's a precedent for an NBA team to sign a player (as the Raps have with Alabi) and then "loan" him out to a foreign league, or if it's even legal to do so. Anyone out there know?

Comment

Alabi needs to learn the fundamentals and develop strength. His footwork and post game are both very awkward. The D-League gives him time and minutes to do both.

Comment

Give Solomon a chance at the 5 THIS year.

Comment

He needs to earn his playing time but I don't think that will happen till they get a big man coach for him.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                This might be Triano's tougher stance on the team this season. Meaning shortening up his lineup alot more than in past seasons. Alabi is D-League bound. ...
                Agree - but give him some looks in these pre-season games. a good measuring tool - shorten the bench in last 3 games before the real season starts - not the second game.
                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                X