Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Triano vs Darrel Walker

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie abstract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Triano vs Darrel Walker

    Who is a bigger failure? Both were relative unknowns that were promoted within after being assistant coaches. Both are doing a terrible job and don't have any control over the team.

    Discuss

  2. #2
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, it has come to this. Walker's win percentage was 0.313 (41-90), Triano is at 0.387 (36-57). Triano definitely had more talent and higher expectations. Walker's biggest mistake was not playing Tracy McGrady and then pussied out after Damon got traded. I'd say Triano's been the bigger failure because of the expectations.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is a close one. Triano does have better talent..marginally..., but unfair expectations were placed upon him considering we had a fail team last year as well. Walker was a complete unknown with no hype and a very young team, his record is forgetten by many and nobody cares since the raps turned it around once he left. Triano as the first canadian head coach is given the benefit of the doubt by many and will be given a chance to recover from his dreadful performance thus far so i expect him to never be in the same category as Darrell walker. Even though he is failing right now.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote zab_tabak wrote: View Post
    This is a close one. Triano does have better talent..marginally..., but unfair expectations were placed upon him considering we had a fail team last year as well. Walker was a complete unknown with no hype and a very young team, his record is forgetten by many and nobody cares since the raps turned it around once he left. Triano as the first canadian head coach is given the benefit of the doubt by many and will be given a chance to recover from his dreadful performance thus far so i expect him to never be in the same category as Darrell walker. Even though he is failing right now.
    hello brother,

    first of all, how can u say that the team triano has was marginally better then the one we had with daryl walker? think back to some of the players who played back then compared to ones playing now. Again, unless ur referring to players playing on the defensive end then yea i can say the 2 teams are comparable.

    How were the expectations placed on triano unfair? This is one of the most potent offensive teams in the league n not just because of their stats. Having said that, it is very managable for good offensive players to play good defence...but u can never get good defensive players to play good offense.

    Also, this team has no heart, no motivation, no desire....all those things r things that relate directly to a coach n his coachings n his style n his attitude. Clearly raps having these issues have to be blamed on the coach.

    Sam mitchell (n im not a fan of his although u may thinkso because of my name) got a much less talented team into the playoffs and did wayyyy better then Triano. Its because he was a no nonseense type of guy who was hard on his players....ever since his departure this team turned softer then before. And the excuses started for triano.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie Hedont Turkoglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sensual_sam wrote: View Post
    hello brother,

    first of all, how can u say that the team triano has was marginally better then the one we had with daryl walker? think back to some of the players who played back then compared to ones playing now. Again, unless ur referring to players playing on the defensive end then yea i can say the 2 teams are comparable.

    How were the expectations placed on triano unfair? This is one of the most potent offensive teams in the league n not just because of their stats. Having said that, it is very managable for good offensive players to play good defence...but u can never get good defensive players to play good offense.

    Also, this team has no heart, no motivation, no desire....all those things r things that relate directly to a coach n his coachings n his style n his attitude. Clearly raps having these issues have to be blamed on the coach.

    Sam mitchell (n im not a fan of his although u may thinkso because of my name) got a much less talented team into the playoffs and did wayyyy better then Triano. Its because he was a no nonseense type of guy who was hard on his players....ever since his departure this team turned softer then before. And the excuses started for triano.
    Have you never seen the Houston Rockets?

    What about Joakim Noah

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    houston rockets- luis scola-very underrated, aaron brooks-stud in the making, trevor ariza-good offensive player n a athletic defender last but not the least, rick adelman-one of the best coaches in the game today.....look back to the webber n the euro kings of 2002-03-04....shows how a coaches personality reflects on the players.

    thanks again!

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree 100% that truly gifted offensive players can learn to play defence and it is Harder to learn offense that it is defence. That being, outside of Bosh and maybe bargnani(at times) we dont have gifted offensive players. we have Good offensive players.

    the problem is nobody plays defence and Triano still doesnt know how to get the team to try harder on defence. the only players who truly are trying on the defensive end are Amir Johnson, Jarret Jack, derozan...Bosh has slowed down a bit mainly because no one else is setpping up.

    Bargs and Hedo are too 'cool' to play hard nose defense. same with jose. see where im going with this?

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie Hedont Turkoglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sensual_sam wrote: View Post
    houston rockets- luis scola-very underrated, aaron brooks-stud in the making, trevor ariza-good offensive player n a athletic defender last but not the least, rick adelman-one of the best coaches in the game today.....look back to the webber n the euro kings of 2002-03-04....shows how a coaches personality reflects on the players.

    thanks again!
    You mention only 3 players with decent offense and better defense and you think you've proven your point?

    Since it looks like you have forgotten, May I remind you that your point was that defensive players cant have good offense.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie Hedont Turkoglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote zab_tabak wrote: View Post
    Bargs and Hedo are too 'cool' to play hard nose defense. same with jose. see where im going with this?
    Yes I do, when the majority of your "top" players are european, you can't expect good defense - and hence can't expect to win.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter Gurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Triano for sure cuz I don't remember watching any games coached by Walker. Also, Triano needs to instillsome fear into his players. The team doesn't even a give a shit about his "philosiphies" or anything for that matter. We need a FIRE TRIANO thread
    Last name ever, first name greatest

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can't ever forgive Walker for what he did to McGrady. I still think the biggest reason Mac left was that he still had a bad taste in his mouth from the Walker experience. Dude sat him, alienated him, and claimed he would be out of the league in a couple of years. Not cool.

  12. #12
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote James wrote: View Post
    Can't ever forgive Walker for what he did to McGrady. I still think the biggest reason Mac left was that he still had a bad taste in his mouth from the Walker experience. Dude sat him, alienated him, and claimed he would be out of the league in a couple of years. Not cool.
    No doubt. And the worst pat about it was that we had a shit team which was going nowhere, a perfect time for a rookie to get some play. Unless McGrady was being a total bitch in practice (which I don't see happening), Walker's decision was just flat out stupid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •