Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need an "Answer"

Hello guys!
    First of all i would like to say that i am a Raptor fan from Greece, so I may not be so "expert" at the NBA stuff but...
    I've watched the Boston - Toronto game, and i realized that:
    The team needs one player who has the experience to take it to the next level. We have a very young team, so a very inexperienced one.
    Even my favourite player, Linas Kleiza, seems to be not NBA ready as i believed he would be..
    We dont have a true center, so our play will be shooting from distance or facing the basket...So, we need good shooters (I dont know if we have a solid and consistent one)
    My opinion is that the team must try to sign Allen Iverson. He is the best available free agent, he was a superstar so he has the "name" and the skill to motivate our young squad and to win some games and he could fit to the play that the team is going to play this year...I dont know if he is a good defender, i suppose no, but the team needs his offensive awareness and skills...So i believe that we need an...AI answer...and there should not be any Artificial Intelligence to understand that ....lol
    PS I dont know if this can be possibile, the AI signing to Raptors, but we should give a try...
    PS2 We played for Detroit Denver And Philly, not Boston or LA, so i believe that he could say yes to Toronto. He could be the last chance for him to "survive" his reputation

I'm guessing no one's replied to this because WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH GUARDS. Give it up, man.. We don't need him.

Comment

You think what the Raptors need is an over-the-hill, undersized shooting guard who has caused problems where ever he has gone and whose teams have all improved AFTER he left them? A guy who is famous for not taking practice seriously, is an extremely poor defender, at this point, and would add to a crowded backcourt of DeRozan, Barbosa, Weems, Calderon and Jack, all of who should play ahead of him, at this point in his career? Plus, he's rumoured to have a drinking problem and bailed on his last two teams. The last thing you want on a young team is a guy like this who would not only be a distraction, but possibly poison the young players and hurt their development. He is possibly the absolute last player a young team should ever want to sign.

And the last thing the Raptors need is more one dimensional shooters on the team who would hurt the team on the defensive end. No, they don't need more offense. They need to improve their defense. And they need time to develop at their own pace.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

kcharito wrote: View Post
        My opinion is that the team must try to sign Allen Iverson. He is the best available free agent,
        your opinion is idiotic. AI is a selfish uncoach-able narcissistic tweener with no upside. The thought of him around Ed Davis DeMar Alabi Weems etc. is scary. These guys are hard working team oriented very coach-able - give them the minutes to grow and let AI eat Vaseline in China with fellow wack-job Stephen Marbury.
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Answer is a cancer
          Answer is old
          Answer is slow
          Answer hates practice
          Answer takes too many shots
          Answer doesn't come off the bench
          Answer can p*ss off to Turkey and ruin whatever team is stupid enough to sign him.

Comment

I think you guys are being to hard here. Sure he may not be the ideal guy to sign but imagine if things did work out. Barbosa and Iverson, that's just nasty.

I think he could be a good addition... if he is willing to take a lesser role. I was a huge AI fan and still am. I even modeled my game from him when I used to play.

Couldn't hurt untill you try it right?

Comment

RAPT0RS wrote: View Post
              I think you guys are being to hard here. Sure he may not be the ideal guy to sign but imagine if things did work out. Barbosa and Iverson, that's just nasty.

I think he could be a good addition... if he is willing to take a lesser role. I was a huge AI fan and still am. I even modeled my game from him when I used to play.

Couldn't hurt untill you try it right?
              Actually, yes it could hurt. It could hurt the development of the younger players, it could hurt the reputation of the team, and it could hurt the reputation of the city.

Really, there is no upside to Iverson signing with the Raptors. If he plays well, he takes playing time away from players that need it, like DeRozan and Weems, or takes playing time away from Barbosa, which lowers his trade value. At worst, he creates a distraction, teaches the young players bad habits and leaves on bad terms. Why on earth would you risk the development of the young players, which at this point is THE most important thing, in order to sign a guy who has seen every single team he's been on improve AFTER he left?
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hello guys!
                First of all i would like to say that i am a Raptor fan from Greece, so I may not be so "expert" at the NBA stuff but...
                I've watched the Boston - Toronto game, and i realized that:
                The team needs one player who has the experience to take it to the next level. We have a very young team, so a very inexperienced one.
                Even my favourite player, Linas Kleiza, seems to be not NBA ready as i believed he would be..
                We dont have a true center, so our play will be shooting from distance or facing the basket...So, we need good shooters (I dont know if we have a solid and consistent one)
                My opinion is that the team must try to sign Allen Iverson. He is the best available free agent, he was a superstar so he has the "name" and the skill to motivate our young squad and to win some games and he could fit to the play that the team is going to play this year...I dont know if he is a good defender, i suppose no, but the team needs his offensive awareness and skills...So i believe that we need an...AI answer...and there should not be any Artificial Intelligence to understand that ....lol
                PS I dont know if this can be possibile, the AI signing to Raptors, but we should give a try...
                PS2 We played for Detroit Denver And Philly, not Boston or LA, so i believe that he could say yes to Toronto. He could be the last chance for him to "survive" his reputation
                Laughable to get A.I. - rejected by even the Minnesota Timberwolves in the NBA, Chinese basketball team and trying to sign with a Turkish team - that is the person, you want the Raps to sign(a ball chucker and ball-hog, egotistical, delusional and narcissistic who still thinks he has something left in the tank when he is done).

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                  Laughable to get A.I. - rejected by even the Minnesota Timberwolves in the NBA, Chinese basketball team and trying to sign with a Turkish team - that is the person, you want the Raps to sign(a ball chucker and ball-hog, egotistical, delusional and narcissistic who still thinks he has something left in the tank when he is done).
                  I suppose you are right cause nobody but only one agreed with my thought!
                  Starting my thought I said that I am not a NBA expert, i am trying to be at least a Toronto one!

I agree that he is selfish, and he is not the "best guy" in the league..
                  And it's true that he is probably going to Besiktas, Turkey, and this shows his condition but...
                  we lack of experience and clutch and I cannot find anyone who can be our "franchise player" this year.
                  Iverson is a controversial player. Always problematic but his numbers (and achievements like 4time best NBA scorer) show that even problematic he could be effective...
                  So the risk is big, in that case my thought may be wrong...

Comment

I suppose you are right cause nobody but only one agreed with my thought!
                    Starting my thought I said that I am not a NBA expert, i am trying to be at least a Toronto one!

I agree that he is selfish, and he is not the "best guy" in the league..
                    And it's true that he is probably going to Besiktas, Turkey, and this shows his condition but...
                    we lack of experience and clutch and I cannot find anyone who can be our "franchise player" this year.
                    Iverson is a controversial player. Always problematic but his numbers (and achievements like 4time best NBA scorer) show that even problematic he could be effective...
                    So the risk is big, in that case my thought may be wrong...
                    I rarely say this in regards to basketball discussions, but yes, you are wrong. The Raptors don't need a 35 year old franchise player who hasn't been able to perform at that level in 5 years. Why are you so intent on having the Raptors win NOW? Nothing, apart from a lopsided trade, will help the Raptors win now, so you might as well focus on the development of the young players, which requires patience.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

No way .... Allen Iverson at this stage is the worst that could happen to this team. AI is over the hill, there is a reason no one wants him!

Comment

Working...
                      X