X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto vs. Chicago

Boxscore: http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301012004

CHICAGO 109 - 90 TORONTO

We got blown out. Bargnani didn't start but he had the highest plus/minus as a Raptor with a dismal +4 in 26 minutes.

Game highs: Barbosa was pretty good.

Game lows: Defense, everything else...

discuss!

A picture is worth a thousand words......

Comment

Winning obviously wasn't a priority with this game, nor should it have been. Unfortunately, if there were priorities, they didn't come to fruition.

As for the shot chart, I don't care about that. Bargnani is an outside player whereas Noah is an inside one. Noah can't hit outside ten feet, but that's not what he brings to the team. He's so valuable because he's a great rebounder and game changer on the defensive end. He's also got a very high basketball IQ, which is evidenced by his 8 assists. If Noah were a perimeter big, a la Bargnani, he'd still be a great player. Laimbeer was a perimeter big who rebounded and played great defense. And he's got a couple of Championship rings. The fact that he's won some Championships as coach in the WNBA tells you how high a basketball IQ the guy has.

Bargnani had 3 rebounds and 1 assist, and despite getting 3 blocks, played defense poorly yet again.

One last note. 22 rebounds for the entire team is absolutely horrible. Everyone can share the blame for that one. Preseason or not, that's unacceptable.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

It was a pretty horrible game all round. Gonna be a long season... Very long season...

Comment

Chicago was too fast for us. That said, the Raptors didn't take advantage of most of the matchups and didn't even try to get Bargnani involved.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Chicago was too fast for us. That said, the Raptors didn't take advantage of most of the matchups and didn't even try to get Bargnani involved.
            That's weird, because I saw it that Bargnani failed to get himself involved in an offense that was predicated on movement and getting yourself open. I remember reading about some selfish player complaining about not getting enough shots and one former coach who was a broadcaster, at the time, laughing because he said that the team ran a motion offense, which meant that you are pretty much responsible for how many shots you get. You move, you get the ball. You don't move, you don't. Bargnani didn't move, so he's not really going to get the ball much, is he?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              I'm sorry, If I'm Barney's teammate I wouldn't wanna pass it to him knowing he brings no effort anywhere on the court and isn't going to pass back, as soon as he gets the ball he quickly shoots it or throws it away but rarely do you see him actually passing it to anyone.

Comment

[In a Charles Barkley voice]: "turrible game, just turrible. I told ya da Toronto Raptoors r gonna suck. Kenny, didn't I tell u da raptors r gona suck"

- yeah we played bad
                What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

not that this is an excuse, but Noah and Rose played a lot of minutes.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Comment

As much as I like Weems I did notice him seemingly hang his teamates out to dry defensively - miscommunications on switches where both guys go after the same guy... like him and Jack abandoning Asik 8 feet from the basket resulting in a dunk... and atleast one other time that I remember noticing.
                      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Working...
                      X