Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Raptors 119 vs 76ers 116 F/2OT

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote noxleno wrote: View Post
    I'm no Colangelo apologist but YOU wouldn't have picked Jennings either. All one can do is pick whoever is highly touted based on scouting reports (excluding Bargs that was a gamble); by your logic, whenever a later draft pick turns out to be better than those drafted before him, all the other GMs "fucked up". What a joke, take your 20/20 hindsight bullshit elsewhere, nobody needs your "expertise" after the fact.
    Actually Jennings was projected to be a top 5 pick but at the end there was just too many other talented point guards and that wasn't the plan for this team, the strategy was to get the best "wing" player available and we did.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote noxleno wrote: View Post
    I'm no Colangelo apologist but YOU wouldn't have picked Jennings either. All one can do is pick whoever is highly touted based on scouting reports (excluding Bargs that was a gamble); by your logic, whenever a later draft pick turns out to be better than those drafted before him, all the other GMs "fucked up". What a joke, take your 20/20 hindsight bullshit elsewhere, nobody needs your "expertise" after the fact.
    Yes I would have. I know all about the mixtape HS phenom. Plus I knew all about TWillliams being from Seattle and all- just like I knew all about Roy. Actually I would have taken TWilliams over BJennings & DeRozan at the time.

    I'll give you one for free: Tony Wroten Jr 6'4 PG Garfield HS/Rotary Select AAU Seattle Class of 2011 University of Washington bound and most likely one and done- look for at the 2012 NBA Draft. Check out 00:22-00:24. The best HS basketball player ever out of Seattle (Washington State) bar none- Roy, Robinson, Christie, MWilliams, Crawford, Hawes, Webster, Stuckey, Avery Bradley, TWilliams, etc.

    He's faster than Wall. Passes like CP3. Handles like Iverson. Defense like Payton. Swag like Payton. Jumper like Payton.


    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Thu Oct 14th, 2010 at 01:08 AM.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote matt wrote: View Post
    Actually Jennings was projected to be a top 5 pick but at the end there was just too many other talented point guards and that wasn't the plan for this team, the strategy was to get the best "wing" player available and we did.
    I never read any projections of Jennings being a top 5 pick. A possible top 10, to be sure, but not top 5. And there were real questions about his maturity, decision making and shooting before the draft. There are still concerns about his shooting, since he shot a horrible 37% from the field last season, and with his decision making, since, despite shooting 37%, he took a team high 14.8 shots per game. He's definitely got talent, but he's not nearly as good as some around here paint him to be. Not yet, anyway.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I never read any projections of Jennings being a top 5 pick. A possible top 10, to be sure, but not top 5. And there were real questions about his maturity, decision making and shooting before the draft. There are still concerns about his shooting, since he shot a horrible 37% from the field last season, and with his decision making, since, despite shooting 37%, he took a team high 14.8 shots per game. He's definitely got talent, but he's not nearly as good as some around here paint him to be. Not yet, anyway.
    He's currently better than any of the Raptor's point guards.........

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Rookie noxleno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Greater Sudbury, ON
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Yes I would have. I know all about the mixtape HS phenom. Plus I knew all about TWillliams being from Seattle and all- just like I knew all about Roy. Actually I would have taken TWilliams over BJennings & DeRozan at the time.

    I'll give you one for free: Tony Wroten Jr 6'4 PG Garfield HS/Rotary Select AAU Seattle Class of 2011 University of Washington bound and most likely one and done- look for at the 2012 NBA Draft. Check out 00:22-00:24. The best HS basketball player ever out of Seattle (Washington State) bar none- Roy, Robinson, Christie, MWilliams, Crawford, Hawes, Webster, Stuckey, Avery Bradley, TWilliams, etc.

    He's faster than Wall. Passes like CP3. Handles like Iverson. Defense like Payton. Swag like Payton. Jumper like Payton.


    Not interested in your freebies, bud. Instead, show me your PAST posts predicting players, like Jennings or, for example, Blair, who were drafted late but ended up performing way beyond expectations. Show me some examples of times when you advocated drafting a late-drafted, expectation-exceeding player. Until then, don't make irrelevant posts about how GMs "fucked up" by drafting the best player available.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote noxleno wrote: View Post
    Not interested in your freebies, bud. Instead, show me your PAST posts predicting players, like Jennings or, for example, Blair, who were drafted late but ended up performing way beyond expectations. Show me some examples of times when you advocated drafting a late-drafted, expectation-exceeding player. Until then, don't make irrelevant posts about how GMs "fucked up" by drafting the best player available.
    I have only been on this site since July 2010, buddy-o.lmfao@u

    DeMar was the best palyer available? To who? You & BC aka bull chit?lol

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,061
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    He's currently better than any of the Raptor's point guards.........
    It's funny you should mention Jennings cause I was thinking about him while watching the game tonight. I asked myself why didn't we drafted him then I remember that we drafted what we needed at the time which was a shooting guard because Parker was in Cleveland at that point. Another thing to remember is that as good as Jennings is he is really no different then Calderon or jack on the defensive end of he floor. I also think derozan has a higher ceiling than Jennings.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    im kinda disappointed in derozan hopping he could be our next franchise player
    Doubt he'll ever be a franchise player, but I think he'll end up a good third banana once he tightens up his shooting and defense a bit.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    I have only been on this site since July 2010, buddy-o.lmfao@u

    DeMar was the best palyer available? To who? You & BC aka bull chit?lol
    I thought he was the best available player, and I would draft him again if I could.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Greatest preseason game EVER!
    Lead Changes: 12
    Times Tied: 9
    Duration: 3.3 Hours
    ------------------------
    Jack was amazing tonight, 24 PT 9-12 FG 4-5 FT 2-2 3P 8/0 RB 6 AS 2 ST 2 TO 3 PF 32 MN.
    how about the missed free throws? I was frustrated watch this one Raps coulda put the lights out if they weren't shooting like SHAQ on ACID. 25/44
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    He's currently better than any of the Raptor's point guards.........
    I don't disagree with that, but it doesn't mean I'd automatically want him. Who knows who will be better in two or three years, DeRozan or Jennings? And the Raptors could get a chance to draft an even better PG in the next draft.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    I have only been on this site since July 2010, buddy-o.lmfao@u

    DeMar was the best palyer available? To who? You & BC aka bull chit?lol
    Let's not forget Kobe went #13 overall, after some players such as our boy Erick Dampier, Kerry Kittles, Todd Fuller(WHO??), and Vitaly Potapenko(I loved the way Kevin Colabro said his name in NBA Inside Drive '03!!)...

    But anyways, we can't judge who was the best player for pretty much at least 5 years in my opinion. Who knows if someone will have fallen off by then?
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Let's not forget Kobe went #13 overall, after some players such as our boy Erick Dampier, Kerry Kittles, Todd Fuller(WHO??), and Vitaly Potapenko(I loved the way Kevin Colabro said his name in NBA Inside Drive '03!!)...

    But anyways, we can't judge who was the best player for pretty much at least 5 years in my opinion. Who knows if someone will have fallen off by then?
    That's what you have talent scouts for.....at the time I wanted Toronto to take Terrance Williams from Louisville since he was more mature, more skilled and had more college game experience plus all Seattle 206 ballers in the NBA have heart to go along with their talent.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •