Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belinelli With A Big Game vs. Heat. Why Did BC Move Marco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belinelli With A Big Game vs. Heat. Why Did BC Move Marco?

Hornets 90 - Heat 76

You don't have to be a genius to realize that Julien Wright will have little to no role with Raps this season so it begs the question: Why did BC move a Marco?

(a) he was un coachable
    (b) he refused to defend
    (c) he and Bargs were forming a divisive click
    (d) Bargs is on his way out anyhow
    (e) all of the above?

suggestions?
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

There was a thread here several months back from a meet and greet for season ticketholders with BC. In response to a question about Rasho he alluded to dissension in the locker room and that Rasho always sided with Hedo. Given that Belinelli was also often seen out at night with Hedo I think it had more to do with getting rid of bad influences in the locker room. I don't recall hearing much about Belli and Bargs socializing/partying together.

Comment

Juan wrote: View Post
      There was a thread here several months back from a meet and greet for season ticketholders with BC. In response to a question about Rasho he alluded to dissension in the locker room and that Rasho always sided with Hedo. Given that Belinelli was also often seen out at night with Hedo I think it had more to do with getting rid of bad influences in the locker room. I don't recall hearing much about Belli and Bargs socializing/partying together.
      This makes sense b/c I'm pretty sure BC would not give up on a young player that he believed in that easily, that trade had to be Hedo related somehow.

Comment

Belinelli will have nights like these, but he will also have 0-6 3pt shooting nights. He's inconsistent and is pretty much just a streaky shooter. Coming from a huge Belinelli fan here.

Comment

It was a numbers game, really. Belinelli was behind Derozan, Weems, and now Barbosa so he'd see little playing time. The Raptors were thin at small forward so they decided to take a chance on a former lottery pick.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
            Belinelli will have nights like these, but he will also have 0-6 3pt shooting nights. He's inconsistent and is pretty much just a streaky shooter. Coming from a huge Belinelli fan here.
            for sure he was but - you aint getting anything from JW - this is a dump move all the way.
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Don't you guys remember the nights Beli would shoot us OUT of games? I watched yesterday's game and for the most part it was Beli of old, i.e., mostly off balance fade away shots, playing for the steal instead of positional D, and risky passes. When he's on, he's fantastic to watch, but he's not always on, and I remember more than a few 1/8 10min performances where he stagnated the offense and drove us into the ground.

Great player in 2k10, and great potential overall. But someone needs to beat his ass when he chucks those shots, and no one here it seemed was doing that.
              "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
              -Newsradio

Comment

As mentioned earlier, Hedo & Marco were an item on the club circuit. I understand it was Marco who called Hedo the night of his dnp because of illness and had him join in the festivities in Yorkville. I have a feeling this had a lot to do with his departure.

Comment

I would say he was becoming a bit uncoachable - I remember last year they had an interview saying that the coaches were having a hard time getting him to be disciplined with his shooting form - what they believed was causing his inconsistency (fading or floating on every shot attempt). To be fair this habit should have been crushed in Europe or immediately after being drafted but Don Nelson is not known for his developmental traits... maybe they recognized that he wasn't going to improve fundamentally and decided to swap him for another project player in Wright. Also he was reacting badly to the lack of playing time (as was Wright in N.O.) and the swap made sense for both teams in having the players start fresh...
                  When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Fun to see how Bosh can't win without his Batmen.

Belinelli wasn't going to play this year ... Wright may get some burn at SF in a pinch.
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                      for sure he was but - you aint getting anything from JW - this is a dump move all the way.
                      How do you see it as a dump move? Belli wasn't getting an PT last year and he was very inefficient when he did get some. Wright is a former lottery pick and maybe a change of scenery will do him well. If Kleiza or Weems goes down for any period of time he should get an opportunity. Heck, even if one of them doesn't go down he should still get some.

Comment

I know for sure that Belinelli asked the trade.

What happened last season cannot be explained simply with his inconsistency, he was benched even after some good games.
                        Definitely something happened between him and Triano.

Then in the second part of the season he lost confidence about his role in Toronto, and he was unable to play decently.
                        But he has a great talent.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                          To be fair, quite a lot of Miami's roster was out of this game. They had to go pretty much all the way into their bench. Bosh poured in something like 24 and 8, but they lost the game because Zydrunas Ilgauskas was the next best active player on his team... sort of like when Bosh was a Raptor.

Comment

they shipped marco out because he wouldn't stop butting out his smokes in other players' shoes

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post

Belinelli wasn't going to play this year ... Wright may get some burn at SF in a pinch.
                              Bosh actually brought Miami back from a 16 point halftime deficit by scoring 20 points in the 3rd Q then CB sat out the 4th Q w/ the Heat up by one to start the period...... Must have felt like TO all over again.lol http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=301013003

CP3 makes everyone better.........plus better coaching, organizational structure & accountability.......
                              Last edited by SirChillyMost; Thu Oct 14, 2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X