• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Score Video: Life After Chris Bosh

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

I haven't yet viewed the full videos- feel free to recap. Any thoughts?

Both Colangelo and Triano look nervous answering the questions, as they should be.

Bosh will get boo'd when he comes back to Toronto, even though he says that hopefully people will remember him for the 7 years he was here. Well sir, if you spit on your company when you walk a way then all bets are off.

Comment

dude come on, the guy respectfully went out, he is now the replacement of vince, he might not be the better player but he is still the franchise leading scorer, if he gets booed what does that say about our fans, you think players will want to come to Toronto if you treat your former franchise player like that??

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
        dude come on, the guy respectfully went out, he is now the replacement of vince, he might not be the better player but he is still the franchise leading scorer, if he gets booed what does that say about our fans, you think players will want to come to Toronto if you treat your former franchise player like that??
        He will get booed because he played with the fans emotions instead of doing things quietly and respectfully. If he behaved more like Amare instead of more like Lebron then things would have been different.

Our fans are bitter, there is no going around it and some of those boo's may be directed in Bosh but are indirectly a reflection of the poor job MLSE/Colangelo have done in the past 3 years and frustration from the faliure of this franchise in building a serious contender for the past 15 years.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          He will get booed because he played with the fans emotions instead of doing things quietly and respectfully. If he behaved more like Amare instead of more like Lebron then things would have been different.

Our fans are bitter, there is no going around it and some of those boo's may be directed in Bosh but are indirectly a reflection of the poor job MLSE/Colangelo have done in the past 3 years and frustration from the faliure of this franchise in building a serious contender for the past 15 years.
          Totally agree. That was not a "respectful" way of going out.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

What exactly should CB have done differently to make his departure more "respectful"?

Even if he hadn't uttered a word about free agency until the day he signed, it wouldn't have made a damn difference. Our franchise player left in his prime, and for good reason. That's what irks me. Nothing to do with whatever he said or "tweeted" along the way.

Comment

[B wrote:
              I haven't yet viewed the full videos- feel free to recap. Any thoughts?[/B]
              Thanks for posting

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                What exactly should CB have done differently to make his departure more "respectful"?

Even if he hadn't uttered a word about free agency until the day he signed, it wouldn't have made a damn difference. Our franchise player left in his prime, and for good reason. That's what irks me. Nothing to do with whatever he said or "tweeted" along the way.
                Why people can't understand this I don't know. The minute the clock struck 12:00:00am On July 1, 2010 CB became an UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT! That means he wasn't part of the team anymore, he played his 7 years and felt he gave enough. The guy could have averaged 30 and 15 and people would still want him gone...

He deserves an ovation during the intros, then you can/should boo until your hearts are content after that! I know I will if I make it to the game.

Comment

I felt the same way, but bosh did what was best for him, and If you look at it from a neutral position or even compare it to Lebron's situation, its not that bad. Lebron was WINNING in cleveland, Bosh wasn't. James was EVERYTHING to cleveland, Bosh leaving wasn't the end of the world for this team, in fact, you could argue this was probably the best "bad" thing that has ever happen to us in a while. The only thing I wish was if Bosh already knew he was going to bolt, he should have at least told BC about it so he can make a trade happen, other than that he's been pretty loyal to this team, you can't say the same for James with the cavs

Comment

I haven't yet viewed the full videos- feel free to recap. Any thoughts?
                    Thanks for the posts man.
                    I look forward to seeing how this team gets built as time goes on. In my mind it's time to move on from CB4 no matter how he left when I look back on his 7 years here I only see one good season. If the Raptors get a good solid draft pick and Davis/DeRozan develop into solid NBA players this team does have a chance of becoming a playoff team that can do some damage in a couple of years. Until that happens I'm just going to enjoy watching the Raptors get better season after season post Bosh era.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      The minute the clock struck 12:00:00am On July 1, 2010 CB became an UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT! That means he wasn't part of the team anymore, he played his 7 years and felt he gave enough. The guy could have averaged 30 and 15 and people would still want him gone.
                      Not so fast, there seems to be the whole conspiracy out there that Bosh mentally checked out after the ALL-STAR break because he was already committed to Miami, which is why his preformance/play dipped and Toronto never bounced back.

Comment

Not so fast, there seems to be the whole conspiracy out there that Bosh mentally checked out after the ALL-STAR break because he was already committed to Miami, which is why his preformance/play dipped and Toronto never bounced back.
                        Injuries?????

BC and Jay are kicking that facetious balderdash in the media but none of the players interviewed on the situation have supported that theory....only Jay & BC......Bosh can't help it that BC never brought in another current NBA star player to play with and drafted a finesse big man in 2006 (when TO had Bosh & Charlie V) to complement his finesse game...smh

That whole 2006 draft was manipulated in order to get Bargnani to Toronto ala Ewing/NY in my mind.........smh

Comment

Here's what I took from it:

Part I

Did BC really say that he doesn't harbor any grudges after his (Jay too) negative summer media campaign against CB questioning everything from his character make up to his will to compete?smh

BC was asked how many games will TO win this year- I don't know was his answer.smh This after consecutive 50 win predictions.smh

BC said his goal is to make the playoffs and he will do everything in his power to do so. BC acting real deceptive. Time will tell.

Part II

Jay trying to compare Team USA to the Raptors...fail.

More defensive rhetoric from Jay.

Jay asked whose team is it. Jay responded with I don't think that its anyones team. ***Jose & Andrea have been their since 2005-06 & 2006-07 respectively.

Raptors have no focal point, star player to focus on (Bargnani?). It's wide open.

Asked what will be the toughest and easiest aspects of CB's game to replace. Toughest- 24ppg/fts. Easiest with CB being gone it's going to open up the offense to diversity. Implied that the ball got stuck w/ Bosh (wasn't that the offensive plan?). TO will be more about ball movement and spreading the points around w/o CB.(No duh!lol)

Jay asked who is the voice on the team- said that there hasn't been one that much in the past (swipe at CB). Jay implied that the vets have to lead by example usually have alot to say and younger guys look to the vets for leadership. And if no one steps up in a leadership role he will have to step up. Why didn't he do that last season?

Asked about Hedo. Said that they should have had him in training camp working out. No hard feelings.

Jay said goal is to make the playoffs. Btw- both BC & Jay had a slight smirk when saying those words- deception.

Jay said team is motivated by lack of preseason respect in relation to the many woeful Raptor team record predictions.

Part III

Sonny Weems- Bosh era over time to start a new era. Never got that close to CB. More touches, shots for us. Believe that they can be a playoff team w/o CB. Jack is who he looks to as a team leader.

Jose- I think that we can be a better team this year. We don't have a star to hold the ball all the time and score 35 points.

Jack- nothing is set in stone ie preseason predictions. Leadership just happens. It may happen to him.

Banks- no one knows who is going to start- outside of Barg's, alot of competition. It's war!

Part IV

CB says life has change since he went to Miami ie more media. Working hard this summer. Enjoyed watching the Finals in person. Learned alot from that- mental notes.

Doesn't know how Raptor fans will react when he returns. Doesn't expect cheers upon return to TO. Played 7 years in TO went through alot- whatever happens, happens. I love Toronto no matter what.

No hard feeling twoards BC for his media slandering because he knows it is not true ie he quit on team. Said BC & he both tried their best to win. BC can't take comments back. Business is business.

Asked about being the 3rd wheel and not the guy. Said being the franchise guy is overrated. It's all about winning, all about the team. Bosh said team (LBJ, Wade) must hold each other accountable and that failure is not an option (NBA Championship goal in Miami).

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                            Agree. That whole booing thing is not only stupid, but also shortsighted (it hurts the franchise).

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
                              Agree. That whole booing thing is not only stupid, but also shortsighted (it hurts the franchise).
                              exactly. but then again a lot of toronto sports fans are morons.

Comment

Working...
                              X