Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorsey suspended first regular season game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...orseysuspended

The NBA has suspended Toronto’s Joey Dorsey(notes) for one game for swinging his arm at Chicago Bulls forward Brian Scalabrine(notes).

NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson announced the ban on Thursday. Dorsey will serve the suspension in the first regular-season game that he is healthy for and eligible to play in.

Dorsey swung his arm at Scalabrine with 7.3 seconds left in the Raptors’ 109-90 loss at Chicago on Tuesday.

Anyone have video for this? I missed most of the game...

Comment

lol i saw it. If Dorsey would have connected he would have done some serious damage. check it out on the 4th quarter replay in the forums its easy to find. Its something dwight howard would do.

Comment

Dorsey is a thug - he's one of the best.

forget Danny Fortson, Charles Oakly, Reggie Williams Dorsey is the YGZ enforcer - the sooner they dump Reggie the better - Joey is a feared bruiser - take it from me Charles B.
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Looks like Evans will get more burn in game 1 as a result

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Looks like Evans will get more burn in game 1 as a result
            yeah but they will both get splinter but when Davis returns - dude is going to be sick.
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

well if according to Chisholm, Dupree is currently ahead of Dorsey in terms of who is going to get cut, so this incident could be the final nail in the coffin for Dorsey since BC only likes character guys.

While the Raptors could certainly use more aggressive rebounding (a Dorsey specialty this summer), Dorsey has only provided two rebounds in 17 minutes played over two games since his 10-rebound outburst in the first game of the preseason. The thing that separates Wright and Dorsey is that Dorsey is playing on a non-guaranteed contract, and right now the club seems to like what Ronald Dupree (another non-guaranteed contract) is doing more than what Dorsey is doing. Dupree got minutes in both the Chicago game and the Philadelphia game and may have overtaken Dorsey in the race to stick with the club, despite the apparent needs of the roster

Comment

I'd rather keep Dorsey and send BC and his facetious European Raptor vision away.........

Toronto needs more guys who will step up and get in your face not cower away from.....

Comment

Can't really blame Dorsey for trying to punch Scalabrine, that guy just looks annoying as fuck. He's one of those guys that always ends up in a middle of a fight only because he knows he's got major backup. He was like that in Boston too.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    Can't really blame Dorsey for trying to punch Scalabrine, that guy just looks annoying as fuck. He's one of those guys that always ends up in a middle of a fight only because he knows he's got major backup. He was like that in Boston too.
                    What do you expect from a Gingerkid? It's in their "make-up" to have problems with other people...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      What do you expect from a Gingerkid? It's in their "make-up" to have problems with other people...
                      I can't hate on Scalabrine as he represents the 206 Seattle area.......Enumclaw HS!!

Plus dude didn't even have a scholarship offer out of HS he built himself into a NBA player after a 10th grade summer growth spurt from 6'1 to 6'9....

Comment

Comment

TO has gotta keep Dorsey!!!!

Comment

This is most excellent! We're not going to beat anybody on talent, so we might as well take a page out of the hockey playbook and have designated goons. You know, end of the bench tough guys who you don't really care whether they get suspended or not, but have the other team crapping their pants when they have to play against.

Intimidation will definitely work against the Heat. Who's their toughest guy - Jamal Magloire perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                            X