Clear All

• Tor-nj-den

Toronto gets: Lopez and Murphy

PG - Jack / Calderon
    SG - DeRozan / Weems
    SF - Kleiza / Wright
    PF - Davis / Johnson
    C - Lopez / Murphy

Raps get a great all star caliber center and Murphy's expiring contract.

New Jersey gets: Anthony

PG - Harris / Farmar
    SG - Morrow / Outlaw
    SF - Anthony / Ross
    PF - Favors / Humphries
    C - Petro / Zoubek

Nets get the star they are looking for and get to hold on to Favors. Although they lose Lopez, which they say the don't want to do, I think they will have to one way or another if the big Russian really wants Anthony bad enough.

Denver gets: Bargnani, Barbosa, Williams and draft picks from the Nets and Raps

PG - Billups / Lawson
    SG - Smith / Barbosa
    SF - Harrington / Williams
    PF - Bargnani / Martin
    C - Nene / Anderson

The Nuggets get a solid big man to pair with Nene, Williams is a great young prospect and the draft picks could be really high, especially the Raptors. This may not be enough to part with Anthony but it works for the Raps so I can hope right...?

Jurassic Raptor wrote: View Post
    Toronto gets: Lopez and Murphy

PG - Jack / Calderon
    SG - DeRozan / Weems
    SF - Kleiza / Wright
    PF - Davis / Johnson
    C - Lopez / Murphy

Raps get a great all star caliber center and Murphy's expiring contract.

New Jersey gets: Anthony

PG - Harris / Farmar
    SG - Morrow / Outlaw
    SF - Anthony / Ross
    PF - Favors / Humphries
    C - Petro / Zoubek

Nets get the star they are looking for and get to hold on to Favors. Although they lose Lopez, which they say the don't want to do, I think they will have to one way or another if the big Russian really wants Anthony bad enough.

Denver gets: Bargnani, Barbosa, Williams and draft picks from the Nets and Raps

PG - Billups / Lawson
    SG - Smith / Barbosa
    SF - Harrington / Williams
    PF - Bargnani / Martin
    C - Nene / Anderson

The Nuggets get a solid big man to pair with Nene, Williams is a great young prospect and the draft picks could be really high, especially the Raptors. This may not be enough to part with Anthony but it works for the Raps so I can hope right...?
    Raptors have said they will not help NJ get Anthony.

Nets have said they will not part with Lopez.

It has been said without Lopez, Anthony will not resign with the Nets.

I don't think any of the teams would agree to this deal but that is just me.

Comment

When did the Raptors say that??

Anthony may re-sign with the Nets if Favors turns out to be a beast.

Granted it's a stretch for all parties but damn it'd be sweet to get Lopez!

Comment

When did the Raptors say that??

Anthony may re-sign with the Nets if Favors turns out to be a beast.

Granted it's a stretch for all parties but damn it'd be sweet to get Lopez!
        Same division? Nets get Melo, Raps have the last spot in the division booked for the next decade.

Nets clearly said EVERYONE is trade-able apart from Lopez.

Denver would not even consider this trade. They would if they got both Lopez AND Favors/Bargnani.

Comment

The Nets wouldn't give up Lopez. If you're Melo and you see the Nets roster that you just posted...would you really re-sign with that team? Hell no.

Plus, the Nuggets would not accept Bargnani/Barbosa/Williams in return for Melo. They want young talent (e.g. Favors) as well as 1st round picks, and better cap flexibility. Bargs is overpaid, doesn't play defense, and isn't going to get much better. This trade wouldn't help Denver in any way, and NJ would never go for it either. Basically, this would only be good for the Raps.

Comment

Do people not read. In my post I said I know the Nets said they won't trade Lopez, BUT, if their new owner gets desperate enough who knows what he'd do. Melo may re-sign because he could lure CP3 there and they still have tons of cap space to go after Horford or another good center next year as well as any other pieces they need. Also, as I said before, if Favors turns out to be great, then that's more incentive to stay. I also wrote that the Nuggets would get draft picks, by taking the Raptors pick they will probably have a top 5 pick next year. Bargs is a quality young center (although soft as hell), and Williams has 17-6-3 potential at SF, that's not bad. The Nuggets in a few years could have Lawson, Nene, Williams and Bargs along with high draft picks to build around, that's not bad at all.

Anyways, i've said TWICE that this may not be the best deal for all parties, I clearly acknowledge the issues with it. I just think it's great for the Raptors and as for the other teams...i've seen worse trades made.

Comment

Do people not read. In my post I said I know the Nets said they won't trade Lopez, BUT, if their new owner gets desperate enough who knows what he'd do. Melo may re-sign because he could lure CP3 there and they still have tons of cap space to go after Horford or another good center next year as well as any other pieces they need. Also, as I said before, if Favors turns out to be great, then that's more incentive to stay. I also wrote that the Nuggets would get draft picks, by taking the Raptors pick they will probably have a top 5 pick next year. Bargs is a quality young center (although soft as hell), and Williams has 17-6-3 potential at SF, that's not bad. The Nuggets in a few years could have Lawson, Nene, Williams and Bargs along with high draft picks to build around, that's not bad at all.

Anyways, i've said TWICE that this may not be the best deal for all parties, I clearly acknowledge the issues with it. I just think it's great for the Raptors and as for the other teams...i've seen worse trades made.
              If the Nets were willing to trade Lopez and Carmelo would sign an extension with the Nets despite this, this trade would have been done a long time ago with Favors staying in NJ with Anthony and Lopez off to DEN.

You don't trade franchise talent for ifs especially when the 2nd best player in the trade (Lopez) is still on a rookie contract and is not even going to the team giving up the best talent (Denver).

Comment

Working...
              X