Dorsey: 7 rebounds 7 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorsey: 7 rebounds 7 minutes

I didn't see the how he did it (turned the game off mid way through the fourth) but I'm looking at the stat line for Joe Dorsey and he had 7 rebounds. In 7 minutes. For those of you bad at math that extrapolates to 36 rebounds per 36 minutes. Or one rebound per minute. It's a godly stat for any game.

Now I understand that all of his boards came against Boston's garbage men, but Bargs, Amir, Anderson and Reggie were playing against the same scrubs and only Reggie had more rebounds and he played for over three times as long. My point here is this team needs Joey Dorsey. People always talk about how we need more to change the culture, get tougher, get some desire. It starts with putting Joe Dorsey on this team and giving him minutes. If this roster comes down to dupree vs Dorsey I hope to God Dorsey gets on. He represents what this teams future should be: Toughness and rebounding. We need guys like him and Evans (minus the shit show offense) on this roster.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Shame you missed the 4th quarter. The scrubs really played well, showed the toughness and heart that the starters did not. Wasn't just Dorsey, they all stepped up.

Comment

It was the only quarter I saw and loved it.

Don't forget the scrubs + Weems.

I really believe Dorsey has Evans role ... If they can move Reggie? thus the allotment of playing time for these two.
      Last edited by jbml; Sat Oct 16, 2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

FUCK Ronald dupree, he is shit. I agree Joey Dorsey definitely should be on this team. Hes a poor mans Reggie Evans, but this man is can rebound and dunk. Reggie Evans is just shit !

Comment

lavito:

Tell us how you REALLY feel!

(By the way, we must NOT release Dorsey!)

Comment

If he's can contribute more than Reggie I don't see why who won't play ahead of Reggie. Not playing isn't a foreign concept to Reggie Evans. He only averaged 11 minutes last season.

Comment

Yesterday is the post game presser Jay said that TO doesn't have a guy who can get them 10 rebounds (pimp slap Bargnani) but a few guys who can get 8- wtf?

DORSEY will get you 10 boards a game if given the consistent minutes imo...........

I question Jay's basketball IQ everytime I see Evans post the fuck up & call for the ball.......

Comment

I think they're just playing Evans to showcase him for a trade. He has an expiring contract, and I think they're hoping that some team looking for frontcourt toughness will be willing to give them something for Evans. He is only tradeable if he is getting PT, and with Davis injured it makes sense to play Evans now before Davis comes back and gets the majority of the minutes.

I agree that with the same minutes Dorsey could easily fill Evans role, or surpass it. Hopefully BC can trade Evans to some chump (David Kahn, what's up?) and then give all the young guys the PT. This team is going to do poorly no matter who plays, so might as well get Evans out of the way and let the young guys learn/develop.

Comment

A.Kov wrote: View Post
                  I think they're just playing Evans to showcase him for a trade. He has an expiring contract, and I think they're hoping that some team looking for frontcourt toughness will be willing to give them something for Evans. He is only tradeable if he is getting PT, and with Davis injured it makes sense to play Evans now before Davis comes back and gets the majority of the minutes.

I agree that with the same minutes Dorsey could easily fill Evans role, or surpass it. Hopefully BC can trade Evans to some chump (David Kahn, what's up?) and then give all the young guys the PT. This team is going to do poorly no matter who plays, so might as well get Evans out of the way and let the young guys learn/develop.
                  I hope Evans gets traded preferably along with Jose. Or BC can use the Bosh TPE to get some proven NBA veteran talent up in here!!! The young guyz need players on the roster who can show them the NBA ropes instead of finding their own way through 82 games.

Comment

Yeah, you're right about the veteran leadership, however I think it's also tough to find a veteran player who would be able to come in here and be 100% professional and be dedicated to helping young guys develop while getting marginal PT. Most veterans want to be on good teams where their limited playing time is justified, and they can be unmotivated/unresponsive to playing in a losing environment in which they are not seen as part of the future.

For young teams, the most important thing is having a good coach/system to help them develop, and I really don't think Triano is the guy for that job. (Positive example: Nate MacMillan and the Blazers, Scott Brooks and the Thunder...Negative example: Kiki and the Nets, Every coach and the T-Wolves)

Comment

Something needs to be done with our front court. From 1 to 3 I'm more than happy with our depth, but if we don't figure out something quick regarding the inconsistency of our PF's and C's this is going one helluva a long season. Yikes.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        Something needs to be done with our front court. From 1 to 3 I'm more than happy with our depth, but if we don't figure out something quick regarding the inconsistency of our PF's and C's this is going one helluva a long season. Yikes.
                        The problem is Bargnani in my mind but since he's BC's "golden child" nothing will be said to him just more coddling of his lackadaisical inconsistent efforts. You think other palyers aren't tired of this shit? They can see & read what happening w/ No Star. He's treated like a Franchise player by BC w/o all the pressures that go along with being the go to guy.

Jay is not a pack leader as a pack leader would reward such inconsistent on court efforts with praise and/or playing time. It sends the wrong messages to the rest of the pack(roster). Jay needs Cesar Milan asap!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X