No announcement yet.

Any "Boo Birds" Going to Today's Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any "Boo Birds" Going to Today's Game?

Hey dudes and dudettes, any of you fine folk heading down to the ACC to boo the shit out of Hedo?

Sadly, I now hate this guy more than I did VC? How is that even possible?

Ball

Turkoglu is about to join a pantheon of former Toronto players treated harshly when they come back. Surprised should have been the last thing Turkoglu felt in Vancouver, having seen first-hand how Toronto fans treat his one-time teammate, Vince Carter. Nothing the 31-year-old Turkoglu has done since last season ended will do anything to lessen the reaction he gets Sunday.

He’s refused to take much responsibility for a disastrous one-year tenure in Toronto after signing a five-year, $53 million U.S. deal. He was highly critical of the organization in an off-season interview from his native Turkey, suggesting there were deep-rooted issues that made the Raptors organization one players would avoid.
    Source - Doug Smith - Toronto Star

BTW, for those that can't make it to the game this afternoon, cyber boo from the comfort of your home and chat with us here at Raptors Republic: Raptors Republic Live Chat - Toronto vs. Phoenix

I hope every person in the building is wearing a "Hedon't" T-Shirt and booing at the top of their lungs.

Doug forgot to mention Antonio Davis in his article.

Comment

Just finished watching the game, and I almost laughed out loud when I clearly heard someone berating Turkoglu, shouting something along the lines of "You have ZERO work ethic, You're Pathetic!" Haha. Hedo was getting shit on the entire game.

Comment

Just finished watching the game, and I almost laughed out loud when I clearly heard someone berating Turkoglu, shouting something along the lines of "You have ZERO work ethic, You're Pathetic!" Haha. Hedo was getting shit on the entire game.

Haha I heard that too Leno that was awesome. I hope this symbolizes the end of the Carter booing. It seems to motivate Carter and he would usually play exceptionally well whenever he played against us. Im not to worried about this with Hedont, the only thing thats going to motivate him is the fresh box of pizza pizza waiting for him in the locker room.

Ball.......
        Last edited by DP-Baller; Sun Oct 17, 2010, 03:59 PM.

Comment

lol i heard the "no work ethic, you're pathetic!" comment also that was great the crowd reacted with a jolly ol laugh too haha priceless! I look forward to more of it!
          Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

I was at the game roughly behind the visitors bench and there were two guys in the end stands that were heckling Hedon't mercilessly all game. Turk responded a couple of times to them but mostly just covered up with a towel over his head.

Comment

photoman wrote: View Post
              I was at the game roughly behind the visitors bench and there were two guys in the end stands that were heckling Hedon't mercilessly all game. Turk responded a couple of times to them but mostly just covered up with a towel over his head.
              someone has to show me a tape of that, I didn't even hear that, I recognized during the game someone was shouting something and ending the sentence with hedo, didn't really hear anything else.

Comment

Nice, found the link
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZie0...layer_embedded

Comment

@DP-Baller: thanks that was hilarious
                  What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

I heard the heckler on TV. I laughed. I do question the point of booing, though. Never really understood it. What's the point? If it's to make the player feel bad, it doesn't. It usually just makes them laugh and makes them feel more important. "Look, all the fans are booing ME!". Personally, the best way to respond to guys like Turkoglu and Carter is to simply ignore them. Don't cheer or boo them. To me, that's going to piss them off more than anything. To show them you simply don't care about them.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hedo is a professional athlete, he is used to those sort of things, it rolls right off his back.

Comment

hm whats the point in booing??
                        idk I don feel the need to waste my energy on something so stupid.
                        if u boo em it makes them geel important like tat tim dude said above...jus ignore
                        i was upset abt vince leaving but who the f--- is hedo? i don waste my energy on inferior players

Comment

Bump...cuz it's jokes, lmao!

Man, I can't wait till Hedon't the Turd rolls his lazy ass into town in February!

Comment

Raptors wrote: View Post
                            hm whats the point in booing??
                            the same point of the dudes who run out on the 300 level tossing out t-shirts... same point as the various different raptors mascots that come out to entertain during breaks... the same point the dance pack's jillys quality coreography

its stupid, but its fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X