View Poll Results: Is MLSE Over-Canadianizing The Raptors

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah

10 52.63%
  • No way, you're paranoid

9 47.37%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is MLSE "Over-Canadianizing" the Raptors?

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They shouldn't change the name. Personally I love the name and the logo, I'm sad too see them take out the claw.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I also don't think anyone is really getting the reasoning behind the maple leaf. I'm pretty sure it's less about "Canada-ifying" the Raptors and more about making a connection with the ownership- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. I can't stand hockey, but here in Vancouver, I'm well aware the team changed the logo to connect it to Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment by putting an orca in it. It makes little sense with the Canuck name, but I don't think they're trying to attract whale enthusiasts.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I also don't think anyone is really getting the reasoning behind the maple leaf. I'm pretty sure it's less about "Canada-ifying" the Raptors and more about making a connection with the ownership- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. I can't stand hockey, but here in Vancouver, I'm well aware the team changed the logo to connect it to Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment by putting an orca in it. It makes little sense with the Canuck name, but I don't think they're trying to attract whale enthusiasts.
    You never know.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    They shouldn't change the name. Personally I love the name and the logo, I'm sad too see them take out the claw.
    Agreed. The old raptor looked stupid, but I love the claw. I really like the black jerseys, and I disliked the purple jerseys so I'm not sorry that purple is gone.

I like the name, too. I wasn't big on the Huskies throwback jerseys and I really don't want the team changing its name.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of the maple leaf on the Blue jays or the raptors, but any other criticism is national insecurity in its worse form. If you don't like that the team is being marketed as Canada's team then you better hope that another team comes back to Canada. I've never been a fan of purple so, I prefer this colour scheme.

Get over yourselves, this is canada's team and it will be marketed as such.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Karl Marx wrote: View Post
    Suggestion:

DON'T pull in the soft Euros that have been the downfall of the Raps! Instead, "Canadianize" the Raps BY BRINGING IN CANADIAN PLAYERS! I assume that Canada has plenty of solid native born players to pick from.

- Not a bad idea, Eh?
    Yeah, lets have Joel Anthony and Rautins start for the raptors, thats a great idea!

Raptors Republic Rookie kcharito's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Karl Marx wrote: View Post
    Suggestion:

DON'T pull in the soft Euros that have been the downfall of the Raps! Instead, "Canadianize" the Raps BY BRINGING IN CANADIAN PLAYERS! I assume that Canada has plenty of solid native born players to pick from.

- Not a bad idea, Eh?
    I agree with Karl Marx. If you want to "Canadianize" the team, look for Canadian players. No more soft European players. They are not NBA oriented, even if they are high draft picks. Few of them can make the difference.
    I like the colours much better than the purple-black ones. Red is more aggressive and more Canadian. Raptors are the only Canadian team, I cannot understand why they show that. Of course it is a marketing move but I like it.
    BTW I am European, Greek.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote kcharito wrote: View Post
    I agree with Karl Marx. If you want to "Canadianize" the team, look for Canadian players. No more soft European players. They are not NBA oriented, even if they are high draft picks. Few of them can make the difference.
    Few soft players, wherever they are from, make much of a difference in the NBA. I would recommend filling your team with tougher players, whether they be American, Canadian or European. Give me a team of Tony Parker, MickaŽl Piťtrus, Linas Kleiza, Pau Gasol and Marcin Gortat over Baron Davis, J.J. Reddick, Jason Kapono, Charlie Villanueva and Eddy Curry any day.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information