• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-11 Prediction #1 - DeRozan Will Average 15 Plus Points Per Game

Reasons:

1. He wants it
    2. He is working his ass off for it
    3. He has the talent to do it
    4. Triano wants him to - Evidenced by Triano wanting DeRozan to get the free throw line and get there often. As I recall Triano said this

More Predictions to come.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Meh, he shoots too much. Him + Weems are extreme ball-hogs. It's hurting the team

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      Meh, he shoots too much. Him + Weems are extreme ball-hogs. It's hurting the team
      I will most likely address that subject, if I remember when I make my 2010-11 Raptors prediction.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        I will most likely address that subject, if I remember when I make my 2010-11 Raptors prediction.
        Alrighty

Anyways, I think DeRozan can definitely average 15 and maybe 4-5 rebounds, and hopefully at least 4 free throws a game, now without Bosh, we have no one that really gets to the line...

Comment

IMO they both just need to play within the structure of the offense. The biggest thing I notice with young guys is that they don't realize how easy the game can be if you play in the system. Everyone wants to be like mike but none of these kids realize mike was destroying people within a system.

Comment

Can Demar do it? He can, but his shot is still wonky. I'll take the under and say he averages 13 ppg.

Comment

He shot 50% from the field last season. I think he needs 10-15 attempts every night. He needs to become a pro at driving and drawing contact for him to topple 15 right now.

Comment

I can see DD at around 13ppg but wouldn't be suprised if Barbosa ends up taking alot of his minutes at the sg spot as the season wears on. The faster DD's jumper & handles improve the better he will be at getting to the line from getting fouled on drives to the hoop and the like.

If TO wants anyone to get to the line it should be Barg's. Post him up everytime down left/right block, left/right elbow and tell him to go to work as he will get foul calls in my mind if he keeps on posting up in the key while letting DD's slashing game & the rest of the offense play off of AB's potential post game. Just a thought.

Comment

I believe he could do 15 PPG if he can hit jumpers....

Comment

He might average 15 just because they want him to. They need him to develop for the future so theyl give him the chances. Hes not developed enough yet to be a go-to scorer. His shot is developing slowly but what's really missing that no one talks about is his inability to go left and finish left!

Itl be hard for him to get to the line a bunch without the threat of finishing with both hands.

Comment

Plus people forget this team is going to bad enough that alot of guys are gonna go for self during the game so you could see inflated numbers but if the team wins 22 games it dont mean anything.....

Comment

I say 13 - 14ppg. If he can get to the FT line often it is possible to hit 15ppg. If he can hit more jumpers I won't be surprised to see 16 - 18ppg. But I don't think we will see that until next season.

Comment

Oh come on. DeRozan's not a ball hog the same way Weems is. Weems will dribble around the court and take a contested jumper, rarely moving the ball.

DeRozan will drive and react. If he has nothing, he'll pass out. Might take a jumper, might create contact. But he recognizes his limitations and that's something I'm very happy with.

I also believe he could certainly average 15 ppg if he gets the appropriate minutes and touches. Early in the pre season, the team didn't give him many touches, but over the last 2-3 games, he's been getting them and making the most of them (AND MAKING GREAT PASSES. I know you saw the Bargs dunk, and the behind the back that Asik messed up).
                          Joshua Priemski
                          NBA blogger
                          SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                          www.RufusOnFire.com/
                          www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Working...
                          X