Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: So can we now criticize BC for the Hibbert-O'Neal trade ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I think I am going to start a new thread with the title:

So can we now give BC props for the Delfino&Ukic - A.Johnson&Weems trade?
    How about "can we now criticize Vince Carter for leaving Toronto?"

Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In order to facilitate the trade the raptors agreed to Draft Hibbert on the Pacers behalf and then make the trade.

It is not like they picked him wanting him and then passed him up.

I at the time hoped for Hibbert to be selected as he was a great college player with a huge presence in the paint, very coach able and a big the raptors sorely need/needed.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

all i can say is that everything happened for tha best

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The entire premise of this thread is faulty

As Apollo pointed out, the trade was for draft picks. The Raptors never "traded" Hibbert. And anyway, at the time Hibbert was best known for his fryin-pan hands.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    I guess you didnt notice he start ballin last year...
    Every game I watched he was in foul trouble. Guess we'll have to wait to the real season to make an assessment.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty unfair to say this, because different players would have played differently in different situations. At the time, Hibbert was like any other big-man late in the draft, he was a big guy that was pretty athletic and could rebound. If we made a mistake in trading TJ Ford (huge contract) for O'Neal who still was pretty decent (13 6 2 and good defense) and a pick who Indiana wanted. What about all the teams who passes on Hibbert? Anyways, Hibbert is good, but he is like an Amir Johnson with better offense. Amir is a better rebounder though, especially considering size, but both can't stay on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I don't think he's anything like Amir Johnson. I also don't think he's that athletic. It's why I said earlier that he should be hoping to turn out like Rasho, who in his prime was a very solid, stable force in the middle for a perennial contender.

WEAKNESSES: Since Roy is so big he is not the most athletic C in the NCAA but how many 7'2'' guys do you see. Even though he is very efficient in the post his mechanics are only average. He also has trouble with lateral quickness so he will have trouble guarding the smaller more athletic C in the NBA. His condition is not up to par he will need to work hard to fix that. Teams dont know how much better he will get over the years but he will make an impact from the get-go.
    Source: MyNBADraft.com

WEAKNESSES:
    - Mismatch Potential
    - Nimble footwork
    - Lateral quickness
    - Mechanical player
    - College system makes him difficult to evaluate
    - Not productive enough
    - Athleticism
    - Conditioning
    - Incredibly quick
    Source: DraftExpress.com